New to nic salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I was out of juice, stopped in a brick 'n mortar, and picked up some 50mg nic salt juice. I typically vape 18mg/ml freebase on my erlkonigin at 1.1 ohms. I still have a bit of my old juice in the tank, haven't used the nic salts yet. It was either 50mg or 35mg nic salts, and I went for 50mg. I'm a nic fiend. I don't know what a comparable strength was from freebase vs nic salts, and the vape employee really couldn't tell me.
Am I going to regret my choice?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well, you have more than doubled the amount you usually use. Just be aware that you cannot hit the higher nic strength as often without getting nic sick so less vaping time. Which is the whole reason for such a higher amount. Its intended to get your nic fix quick with several hours in between hits. Hope this helps.

:)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Well, you have more than doubled the amount you usually use. Just be aware that you cannot hit the higher nic strength as often without getting nic sick so less vaping time. Which is the whole reason for such a higher amount. Its intended to get your nic fix quick with several hours in between hits. Hope this helps.

:)
With the bit of research I did afterwords, this is what I gathered also. This I think will work out for me and may be a long term solution. I vape inside, in our car etc. And wifey doesn't like the vapor so much, especially riding in the car together when rolling down the windows isn't that practical because of the cold weather. Sounds like to me I can take a hit, maybe two and be good for a long while. I tend to chainvape and this might be the catalyst to break that habit.

I'll update my post at some point with results. Hope this works out for me one way or the other. If anyone else has any more info or can point me in a direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Are your salts unflavored? If so, you can mix it with your existing ejuices or dilute them with PG/VG to your desired strength. 50 mg/ml is 50 mg/ml, freebase or salts. Be careful.
The salts are flavored. Brand is Air Factory, flavor is Iced Chee

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The salts are flavored. Brand is Air Factory, flavor is Iced Chee

Well, if you dilute with PG/VG, you'll dilute the flavor also. But it's not the end of the world. Most commercial ejuices are too strongly flavored, at least for me, FWIW. Whatever you do, don't chainvape 50 mg juice. Just don't.

I feel like I'm an antique now, not many people tootle puffing anymore on 1+ ohm RTAs everyone sub-ohming.

Are you kidding? I assure you you're not alone. :)

Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Well, if you dilute with PG/VG, you'll dilute the flavor also. But it's not the end of the world. Most commercial ejuices are too strongly flavored, at least for me, FWIW. Whatever you do, don't chainvape 50 mg juice. Just don't.

Are you kidding? I assure you you're not alone. :)

Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)
I will not chainvape this juice. :) I'm on the road and travelling for a while, this juice will have to suffice for now. Typically when I'm at my home base, I dabble with DIY or just buy the premixed if I'm especially busy.

I did pop my head in the tootle puffer thread at one point, maybe I ought to pop my head in more than never.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Agreed!

Erlkonigin? The only RTA I could never wick properly. No matter what I did, the thing leaked like a sieve. :facepalm:

I still have two minis from FT sitting on my vaping shelf, mocking me. I swear they hate me.
They are kind of tricky, but once you get it down you're set. I've been in love with my Erl and the vape it gives for about 5 years.
Also sounds like maybe isnt sealed properly, in other devices I've used dental floss underneath where the o-ring goes, and then o-ring on top.
Use very very little cotton on the wick, almost cartoonishly small amount of cotton, poofy shoulders, and the cotton inside the coil should move back in forth with some resistance. It's worth the effort getting it down, it hits amazing.
Also, I usually never fill it full. About 1/2 to 2/3. Once properly set up, it will not leak. It might be different with erl clones, and tolerances may not be tight enough to have it sealed properly, thus the suggestion of the dental floss trick.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Also, thanks for the swift replies. I don't visit as often as I should, but I can always count on the fine people of this forum, y'all are always very helpful.
Of course we come, love seeing the sweet face in your avatar.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
They are kind of tricky, but once you get it down you're set.

You have no idea. They hate me. They are possessed. I tried everything--nope, zilch, nada. I watched every video and pictorial available, I was personally coached by ECF experts, including Roxynoodle. Ain't gonna happen. :lol:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You have no idea. They hate me. They are possessed. I tried everything--nope, zilch, nada. I watched every video and pictorial available, I was personally coached by ECF experts, including Roxynoodle. Ain't gonna happen. :lol:
I have one of those. Bachelor in the box of never to return now.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@barkfunklerbunk, the only thing I would add to the discussion, is this:

DON"T vape your first puffs while you are driving! Do it while you are in a safe environment; and can find out how it is going to affect you.

I say this only because of my own recent experience. I picked up a pod system (an Aspire Spryte); for those times when my normal vaping setup wasn't convenient, along with 2 bottles of 50mg/mL flavored nic salts. Boy howdy; did it ever take my breathe away!

I just wouldn't want to see anyone get in an accident; because they were caught off guard. :)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
@barkfunklerbunk, the only thing I would add to the discussion, is this:

DON"T vape your first puffs while you are driving! Do it while you are in a safe environment; and can find out how it is going to affect you.

I say this only because of my own recent experience. I picked up a pod system (an Aspire Spryte); for those times when my normal vaping setup wasn't convenient, along with 2 bottles of 50mg/mL flavored nic salts. Boy howdy; did it ever take my breathe away!

I just wouldn't want to see anyone get in an accident; because they were caught off guard. :)
I was thinking exactly the same thing! I planned on being inside, sitting down while trying the salts for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread