New to Pods and Nic Salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasbo

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
North by Northwest
It’s been awhile since I bought new gear. Tried a juul and it fits my vaping habit perfectly. The juul bats are wearing out. Though, ran one through the washer a few times and it still works just can’t get rid of the soap taste. Over the weekend ordered the Vaperccino Mate 1. Found a vendor sale for $18. Also ordered some salt juices and some salt Nic for DYI.

Chasbo

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
North by Northwest
I don’t have experience with other devices (other than Juul) to compare with the Mate 1. Overall, it works good, charge lasts longer than juul, and charges fast. The vapor and favor are better than juul. I got extra MTL pods. The pod that came with it is on its third refill and still hitting good. The extra pods I bought are not lasting long. Getting burnt taste on second refill. Using 50/50 juice. Going bump up the PG percentage for the next Pod to see if that helps. Hopefully, I’ll be able to find pods cheaper in the near future.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Pod mods can really provide flavor. I won one and was surprised, but for me, I found equally good vaping without using pods, although I think they have their usefulness it's not a device I'd ever use routinely due to the cost. However, if mainly starting out, there's also no fantastic reason (besides cost) not to use them and etc.

Anna

Chasbo

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
North by Northwest
Actually I’m the opposite. I have a dozen or so mods that I stopped using about a year ago. It was getting to be to much of a hassle. I always liked the idea of a small device and high Nic. I mostly stealth vape 90% of the time. Cost is not huge factor for me but like to get the per pod cost down. I mix my own juice and have multiple pods in rotation.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have one that I use occasionally when I want something small to carry around. It is pod like refillable and holds 2 ml. The coils are 1.3 ohm and draw is tight like a cigarette so good for MTL. When I use it I use higher nic level of 9mg in it. Works great and is pod like but a lot cheaper. Can be had for $20 of less and the coils are cheap. Around $1 each or less if ordered online.

iCare 2 - Eleaf electronic cigarette

eleaf_icare_2_ff.jpg

zeng.jaihui

Unresolved Status
Apr 11, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The Breeze may very well be a better device but not in every way. The iCare can be had for $15 or there about and packs of sc coils for it are $2.50 for 5.

I haven't seen the Breeze for less than $20 and the coils for less than $7.50 a pack. Not a big difference but for something I use a couple times a month, I'll stick with cheap and works fine.

Reactions: stols001

Chasbo

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
North by Northwest
I like the Juul but don’t like the higher nic only option. It’s nice for stealth quick nic hits. Mixed some juices for the Mate 1, pods are lasting longer. The pods are actually kind of nice and don’t leak at all. Might take one apart to see if the wick can be replaced. I’m really liking Nic Salt juice. Mixing basic favors at lower nic levels at 60/40 pg/vg seems to be the ticket. Ordered a breeze 2 that shipped on Monday. Buying coils should be cheaper.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I want to try out one of these pod/pen vapes and get some salt nic. Even though I've been vaping for over 7 years, I haven't completely quit smoking cigarettes and lately, I've been smoking even more and I need to stop. My main thing is I feel like I'm not quite getting the draw and throat hit I want. I want a device that is refillable, has a draw that is on the tighter side (do adjustable ones exist?) and doesn't have a weird mouth piece. Like the mods that have a weird shape and mouth piece, does it affect the vape experience or feel/hit weird?

Chasbo

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
North by Northwest
I was in the same boat, back smoking, and less or no vaping. Wasn’t smoking on trips for work. On one trip was gone 4 days and not smoking, just hitting the juul. When I got home decided to not smoke anymore and used the juul hard, and ordered a vapeccino and infinix, and lower Nic Salt juice. Haven’t had a cig since. Carry all three with me most the time, at least two. Two key points why it is working. The Nic Salt at 35 and 50 and the shape of the devices, it’s like holding a cig. It’s more like smoking than professional vaping. All of the pod devices I’ve tried produce good flavor and the right amount of vapor. Can stealth vape almost anywhere. When I am having a rough time I hit the juul with higher nic hard a few times. I am mixing my own salt nic juice at various nic levels for different situations and lower flavoring percentages so pods last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread