RDA New to RDA, need to make a checklist of items I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJA504

Nov 11, 2014
Moved from Halo Triton onto Kanger Subtank + sigelei 100W plus

Now that I am getting into more flavors (zamplebox) I would like to try out this rda thing everyone raves about. Ease of changing flavors, maximizing flavors, etc

I am fairly dead set on the Vertex V2. Right now I have one in the cart along with a spool of 24 and 28 ga wire and some japanese organic cotton. Which ohm tester should I get for building? Also, anything else I am missing?

Bleheri

Jul 13, 2014
Denmark
Might not be a must, but i love a set of ceramic tweezers for touching up a coil and tucking cotton into the correct places, and a cheap set of scissors that i only cut cotton with ( its very difficult to get a decent cut with dull scissor ).

Edit: If you dont plan on going into the "super" sub ohm (0,2-0,3), your sigelei would do fine as a resistance meter.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Get a set of micro-screwdrivers with a decent handles.Saves the screw heads on the posts and can be used as a mandrel for wrapping coils. Get good scissors, they are not expensive. Fingernail clippers work for cutting wire but a decent set of flush cut micro cutters works better.

Probably a little early but you will have to think about where you are going to store all the rebuilding stuff you start to accumulate, too.

Know that you will experience different styles of vape from different attys, and even different juices. The Vertex is a cloud maker. There are other attys and you will get the urge to try them once you get the hang of building and wicking. Even the build or the wick can have an effect on how an atty performs. Also know, dripping may require you to lower your nic level and may even cause you to increase your VG %.

Good luck on your journey!,

JJA504

Nov 11, 2014
I was definitely checking out some ceramic tweezers. 14.99 from myvaporstore.com

The wire I was checking out seems very expensive. 30 feet for $12. I was watching a RIP video and he had tons more from kidneypuncher. $19 for 250 feet? Seems like a ripoff from the other place.

What gauge would be a good starting point? I was thinking 24.

Those micro flush cutters are a GREAT idea! Thanks for that!

As far as nicotine level, I am already happy with 6mg but ordered the 3 from zamplebox. It's some thick as hell juice.

I will stay at .5 or more. No intention to build lower. TBH I would feel better with 1 ohm or higher for my own builds. The only reason I am comfortable with the .5 now is its what the OCC coils from Kanger come in (as well as 1.2) I trust them a bit more than myself at my current experience level. I am running on VTC4 batteries. Well I think that is what they are. Ordered from RTDVapor, I just don't know how to check them for authenticity.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
low gauge wire is the best to start with imo (22-24), the higher 28+ gauge wire makes it a little difficult to begin with because of the springyness.

if you want an easier time wrapping coils though, i suggest you get one of those kuro coilers. eciggity has the tobeco kuro coiler clones for 8 bucks each. makes first time rda a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread