Status
Not open for further replies.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Hello guys,

just saw some reviews on the Aegis Boost RBA , what are your thoughts on it ? have anyone tried it before ? an could the “ head or pod “ RBA help me better as a starter than a regular RTA tank ?

IMHO rba sections for Pod systems/AIO's usually are PITA for coil building.The specific isn't that bad though.

MshariSH

Nov 27, 2019
Saudi Arabia
@vaper1960 when it comes to trying things i think i have a long list lol , But i’m not interested in RDTA’s i don’t know why, I don’t think they are that different just harder to build but i’m not that experienced to judge , I hope you’ll get the opportunity to try one and then tell us how was it

btw , sorry for the late reply

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    @vaper1960 when it comes to trying things i think i have a long list lol , But i’m not interested in RDTA’s i don’t know why, I don’t think they are that different just harder to build but i’m not that experienced to judge , I hope you’ll get the opportunity to try one and then tell us how was it

btw , sorry for the late reply

RDTAs are actually easier to build and wick than a normal RTA, definitely worth a closer look.
    If you're really not interested in them though check out the Brunhilde MTL RTA, I Highly recommend it;)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello @MshariSH, as others have said RTA's can be a bit of a pain to work with. RDA's and RDTA's are somewhat easier as they don't end up with the liquid reservoir getting airlocked.

Squonking may be of interest though as well, but you need a Squonk mod (has a liquid feed bottle, that when you squeeze forces liquid up through the hollow centre pin of the 510) and an RDA or RDTA with a BF pin (510 screw with a hole through the centre). It's a lot of initiall cost, but there's plenty of RDA's and or RDTA's to choose from including clones of high end ones at very reasonable prices.

But these are just ideas.

Reactions: hairtrigga

hairtrigga

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Now it cost me 5-7$ to even buy 10ml unflavored nic base. But oh well...

we are getting badly rorted in australia as well
    I've just got into DIY for this reason.
    Its much better to order a decent amount & make your own hey?
    Its a good hobby as well to go with building ive found.
    Works out a fair bit cheaper for me here anyhow.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2014
    Sweden
    we are getting badly rorted in australia as well
    I've just got into DIY for this reason.
    Its much better to order a decent amount & make your own hey?
    Its a good hobby as well to go with building ive found.
    Works out a fair bit cheaper for me here anyhow.

Yea it's much better to make your own once you learn how to and such. And if you can be bothered. Not everyone likes it though.

That said, making our own is now more expensive in sweden due this changes / taxes we've got. Like i mentioned 5-7$ for 10ml max 20mg nicotine bottle. Then you'd need flavorings etc.
    The few brands we've now in sweden, either offers 10ml in 6-12-18mg at pretty hefty prices or you'd buy the lowquality ones which i shall not name for 5-7$ basically same as nic shots.

I do wish i stocked up way earlier i realy do. And i've mentioned this in another post but i realy do regret my decision to ask here whether x deal was good or not. Right before the tax and EU limits. Because everyone totally said yes, due 100mg / 100ml bottles of 20 i believe for pretty cheap price in glass bottles vacuum sealed for long term storage. So when i finally decided to order a bunch, they had already sold out of everything even their weaker ones like premade 50/50 12mg bases (which is what i usualy vape)

But well lesson learned. :)

Sorry if this all counts as a bit of offtopic, just feelt i wanted to respond due you mentioned it being cheaper. It might be for now (for you) but maybe not for long. Since this nicotine tax crap seems to be hitting all over the place, i've heard some states in US faces the same insane taxes aswell. So it may not be long until say AUS may want in on that "free" tax money, you know...

Reactions: lupinehorror

hairtrigga

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Sorry if this all counts as a bit of offtopic, just feelt i wanted to respond due you mentioned it being cheaper. It might be for now (for you) but maybe not for long. Since this nicotine tax crap seems to be hitting all over the place, i've heard some states in US faces the same insane taxes aswell. So it may not be long until say AUS may want in on that "free" tax money, you know...

yeah sorry buddy i shouldve mentioned im not using any nicotine anymore.
    Lucky because they already made it illegal for stores to sell here and we have some other stupid laws around acquiring and possessing it. We need a DR's certificate and can only import a 3 month supply at a time.
    We can get pre-mixed nic/e-liquid under the counter from certain shady stores but they of course charge more, almost double, than we pay for 0 nic juice
    Using nic would of course make a difference if DIYing.
    Being basically illegal to sell here in Oz I'd have to order mine from new zealand or another country.
    & i get with taxes, the cost of the nic plus shipping, then flavors etc it does start mounting up.
    For me, with my circumstances, im really only paying for litre bottles of VG/PG and flavors. Plus a few dollars for local post.
    It works out a fair bit cheaper than paying $15 to $20 for a 60ml bottle of retail e-liquid.
    And i get a bigger variety of flavors then i would buying 60ml bottles.
    It sucks when you get settled and the government or whoever changes everything for the worse.
    With all the attacks on vaping around the world i'm already worried things will get even worse.
    Which is basically why i started stocking up on hardware, mods, coils etc and learning how to build and DIY e-liquids.
    Apart from price hikes, they cant really do that much towards DIY liquids as the ingredients are all used for numerous other things. Same for building coils to really, the wire is used for many other purposes so they cant really stop us accessing it.
    When you think about it, it probably wouldnt be to hard to make your own mech mods if you had no other way to get them?
    Might be an idea to stock up on some 510 connectors and some RDA's?
    I dont know, if they ban vaping and leave cigarettes legal we should all fire up and take to the streets.
    It would be the biggest load of BS corruption in history.
    I feel for you bro, it shouldn't be this hard or costly

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Wayneo,
    "Do you ever go out, and while you’re out, you think, ’This is exactly why I don’t go out’?"
    Yes, every time I go to walmart!
    "Being the first one in line at a red light, and having to watch constantly for the light to turn green is just too much responsibility."
    My wife hates it when I pick my nose in that situation because everyone is watching me :lol:

• Agree
    Reactions: ShamrockPat
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread