New to Silver Bullet - best atomizer/tank option??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfTheDez

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
California
Hi! I just upgraded from a Joyetech Ego-C Twist tank setup to a Silver Bullet with an AW 18650 Protected 3400mah battery, and an Innokin iClear 30 Cartomizer tank. I've noticed in the couple weeks I've had it, I cannot get the flavor or throat hit from the ejuice like I did with my Twist. Plus I'm noticing an overpowering metal taste from the carto tip, which didn't really bother me at first, but now it kinda is. I loved my Twist setup, but after buying countless atomizer head 5-packs at $25/each and only 2-3 out of those 5 working, I wanted to try something bigger and badder than the Twist.

I'm wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions on atomizer setups or tanks or cartos that I can use with the SB to bring back that flavor I'm missing.

Any and all help is appreciated!! :D

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
What voltage were vaping at with the iClear 30 on the Twist? The Silver Bullet is a 3.7V unregulated device so it might struggle to push a 2.0 Ohm dual coil atomizer head even with a freshly charged AW IMR battery (which allows for a significantly higher current draw than your protected batteries) if you like higher wattages. I mostly use a Cisco LR 2.0 Ohm atty on my Bullet with fruity flavours.

JJ

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've got a Silver Bullet, and I happen to like a 2.0 ohm single coil cartomizer in a tank with it. I tend to prefer a cooler vape. I sometimes found LR to cause a sensation of harshness and to burn some flavors. I don't get that with standard resistance.

Never was a fan of drip attomizers, but then I admit I never gave them much of a chance when I started vaping. Wasn't my style, I preferred a juice device that allowed me to go all day without adding more juice. On a whim recently, I pulled out an old atty from several months back and gave it a whirl. Wasn't too bad a vape. I'm going to start giving them a chance, and then maybe I'll try out a VMod to get the best of both worlds (drip atomizer with the convenience of a tank).

To the original poster. I recommend trying a cartotank with a good single coil cartomizer. My favorite cartotank on the Silver Bullet was a Triple V pyrex tank from Valley View Vapors. 7 ml liquid capacity. Anodized aluminum end caps in choice of colors and o-rings if I remember correctly. Inexpensive price, too. Triple V Pyrex 7ml Premium Tank

clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg Family2.jpg Triple_V_pyrex_1.JPG

_

Here's a pictionary of the more common juice delivery devices: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

Here's a cartotank tutorial: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Yeah you just have to use a lower resistance with mods that are using the battery's power. Unless you get a kick module for your silver bullet, then it will be able to use just about any resistance with no problem. U can dial in the voltage. But without a kick, LOW resistance is the way to go. 1.5ohm is great. I like 1.7ohm m'self. ;)

markvm

Feb 14, 2013
Kentucky
Altsmoke had the Silver Bullet chromed extension sleeve in stock as of yesterday and costs 24.95. That enables you to use 18650's plus "The Kick" which allows you to set your wattage (power) to your liking. If you know your ohm rating on the cartomizer and set the wattage somewhere north of 7 watts you can go here: Watts - volts - amps - ohms conversion calculator and plug in the numbers to see your voltage you are actually using. you only need to know two parts of the formula to get the rest. Personally, I tend to have my mods set around 8-9 watts and not have to worry about the ohms and voltages since The Kick will set the voltage for me. I only use single coils carts but to each his own in that area. I just never got any better results when using DCT's. I run through a battery a day, sometimes more with my setup. My voltages run anywhere from 4.9-5.4 depending on the cart's resistance (ohms). AW IMR batteries are the only batteries I use with The Kick. They may be required when using The Kick. Maybe someone will chime in here and let you know. The only complaint I have with the Silver Bullet is the lack of bleed off holes in the base to give gasses an exit which "may" accumulate in the tube, but was easily fixed with a drill. Hopes this helps and if I made any errors in this post I hope someone will correct any mistakes. SB's are good mods and the power button is one of the best I have ever used. Good Luck!

Markvm

jeesushchrist

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Socal
Yeah you just have to use a lower resistance with mods that are using the battery's power. Unless you get a kick module for your silver bullet, then it will be able to use just about any resistance with no problem. U can dial in the voltage. But without a kick, LOW resistance is the way to go. 1.5ohm is great. I like 1.7ohm m'self. ;)

I really think it is the conical portion of the top hat of the AGA-T+ that is not making me happy with it. It is much taller than the igo-l, thus producing a mild TH, vapor, and flavor. coil is 1.0ohms, whereas on the IGO-L it is 0.8-0.9ohms.

In any case, the AGA doesnt get any love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread