New to site and to vaping, trouble with t3s coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been vaping for about 2 months. Really enjoy it, haven't had a cigarette since 1st vape. Currently using kanger t3s clearomizer. Problem I'm having is coils are needing to be replaced in about 4 days. Looking through info, looks like it should be 10-20 days? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Thanks for any help!

mistrmojorisin

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Welcome to the asylum mojo...

Yes, they "should" last longer than that. Are the coils actually failing, or is the T3S just not producing sufficient vapor? Do you keep them clean? Are you using thick sugary juice? Do you dry burn the coils? What are you using for a battery?

Questions before answers mate. ;-)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Yep. Need more data. Liquid content and viscosity affect coil performance.

They can usually be cleaned. Some people use vodka. I just put them in a measuring cup and let them run under hot tap water for a few minutes then let them soak for an hour or so.

Dry burning after cleaning can eliminate most of the gunk that the water or alcohol doesn't. Google "dry burn" Kanger for some videos and tips on cleaning and dry burning.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Unfortunately no one selling products offers much in the way of up front support. As in informing new users of the best options for keeping things performing well.

T3
For every T3 purchased you should buy 3-5 replacement wick/coil assemblies. 2 at minimum!
1 wick/coil assembly to travel(be available) in case of coil failure(Pop/short - dead)
1 minimum in Rotation

Every 1 to 4 tank fills <depending on E-liquid effect> the wick/coil should be switched out.
The Removed wick/coil should be placed in a soak.<Hot Water/Alcohol/etc>
Once soaked it should be rinsed and set aside to dry.

Occasionally a dry burn may be required to fully clean wick and coil of hardened residue.

Properly done, these wick/coil assemblies can last up to several months.

I have good useable assemblies over 1 year old. Used lightly and in rotation. These are Top wick.
Bottom Wick, I am at 6 months on all but ones I damaged while cleaning.(Use caution if fiddling with the actual coil) I have broken, pulled loose a few coils while probing/positioning the coil with a straight pin. Damaged units I simply Re-wick with a fresh coil at 2.0 ohms.:)

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Hi =)

I am somewhat new to vaping as well. I did use cig-a-likes when they first came out but gave them up because the just were not a great vape.

I bought a Kangar T3s clearo last week and have not put it down. Initially, I didn't have the base screwed on tight enough and it misfired 50%...grrrr. I felt like a dummy when I realized what the problem was. I have been vaping on an ego-v v2 at 3.8 volts with the Kangar T3s and Vapor Beast's Jazzmatazz juice. It is a sweet juice and I have not had to replace the coil yet.

Are you using a Variable voltage PV? I love the Ego-v v2 by the way. Battery life is good and there is a pass-through connection. I was a big time "smoke while I drive" person so the pass-through is a complete win for the battery.

I purchased replacement coils and extra heads from www.vaporbeast.com

edit:
Adding link to the ego-v v2 because it works great with the Kangar t3S clearo and is a great PV
http://www.vaporbeast.com/eGo-V-V2-Variable-Voltage-1200-mAh-p/36-0096-000.htm

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I am using an ego-t battery. I am not using a thick sugary juice (of course I am new but it does not seem thick or sugary to me) - I mainly use Big Sky Blend from hellavapor. The replacement coils I have I purchased from vapehut.com and they do say anyway that they are kanger replacement coils. They start off great - nice thick vapor but then after about the 4th day there is very little vapor. I have not tried cleaning them - I did save the ones I replaced so I will try that. Thanks again

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have a question. I have read that the Evod coils will not work on the T3s as they are a different size. I see T3s coils listed by themselves. Any input?????

I was under the impression that I could not use my evod replacement heads on the TS3. i.i.r.c. there is some cross-over, but not universal compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread