New to the Club Joye 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLabelDon

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey I am new and I got my Joye 510 Saturday fried one battery thinking just because it fit my first ecig charger it would work then i heard a small popping/buzzing sound and felt the battery and it was too hot to touch...Stupid mistake i was too eager haha. So i need to order another battery, but got my first shipment of real liquid today and now i know what all the fuss is about because the cartidges in the starter kit were kind of meh.

My question is are most e liquids good in general and I'm still so confused on PG vs VG. All the liquids I ordered were PG but I have no idea i just went with it.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Re chargers - just because something has the same threading do not mean it uses the same voltage, mah or even polarity charger. Some same-threaded models and even one grrrr 510 called FS510 are reverse polarity and will literally fry a 510 battery and vice versa so label your chargers. Also if you ever get a fat battery model, their charger are also not for slim ecigs. And LR (low resistance, under 2.5 ohm) atomizers and cartomizers are not for slim batteries. And 510-T chargers fry anything other than a 510-T.

Did you get manual batteries? 510 manuals are totally sealed metal on the threaded end and are extremely safe from ever being damaged or killed by a juice leak and make it easier to get a good hit. Manuals also won't turn on accidentally from wind or vibration. if you have autos you have to be extra careful to not leak liquid on the end of the battery - if even a small amount gets into the open hole in the threaded end of the auto battery, it can gunk up or short out the drag switch, ruining the battery. So drip tips are not recommend on an auto battery's atomizer. And be especially careful with cartomizers (the most popular way to vape on 510 threaded devices or just about any ecig). The most popular cartomizer for slim 510 are Boge and slim 510 uses the standard resistance ones. These like thinner juices. I use 80PG/20Vg or less VG and I avoid juices that seem to drop a lot of flavoring sediment, clogging the carto.

PG - thin, lets through the most flavor, nicotine TH and nicotine irritation, makes thin visible vapor
VG - thick, dulls everything PG lets through, makes thicker visible vapor

normal atomizer - any PG/VG as long as it wicks at least as fast as you vape it (if not then you need to thin it)

stuffing cartomizer - thin juices, I find 20% VG or less won't degrade the drag and gives doo carot life

tanks and reservoir cartos - like the thickness of 20-30% VG but some thinner 50/50 juices may work

Last edited:

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Using a cart is like dripping very slowly but you have much more control if you drip yourself manually. Vapour and flavour should be about the same except if you're chain vaping, you'll pretty much have to drip then or the atomiser wont be wicking from the cart fast enough.

If you have a completely clear 510 atomiser with no liquid in it, I put 4 drops straight into it and give it a minute or two then put 2 more drops in. Then it's good to vape. When it starts to taste dry I'll put two more drops in. Only two drops from there on out, getting about 8 - 12 puffs from those drops.

Ensure you take the filler out of the cart if you're going to try dripping as the wadding in there could absorb the liquid you wanted to drip or it could just outright burn if there's not enough liquid in there. You could buy a cheap drip drip or if you have a pen grip handy they tend to fit over the 510s and you can drip with them for a makeshift one. It's so much more convenient.

Good luck mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread