New to the forum and just quit smoking about 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Controlthebleeding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Austin
Hi, I'm new here. Just started vaping and my body's feeling better already. At the moment I'm smoking disposables but keeping it to a minimum due to the cost of $10 a piece. First day i went through 1 in about a day.

Been doing my research the last week and preparing to buy a few pieces. Still working on the ohm/variant voltage stuff, but i'm getting the gist of the various pieces and what they do to an extent. Anyway here are my questions in regards to what i'm expecting. Maybe you all can help me so i don't start off buying the wrong equipment. Also i apologize in advance for any grammatical errors or superfluous use of lower case letters, punction or racial slurs(jk). Anyway, here we go...

Q1: When ordering a kit or pieces, I am looking for more vapor and a bit of a throat hit. Nothing major. I'm using to smoking American Spirit lights or menthols (which are slightly stronger than most normal lights/menthols i guess). Here's my dilemma. will a standard voltage battery be ok, or will i need to get a voltage variant mod? and if so which one would be a good starter one. I usually didn't take heavy drags off my cigarettes. Just more quick ones. I just dont want to feel ike i have to hotbox it to an extent. if it's not possible, will the standard voltage be ok then with a higher nicotine level, or higher variant voltage. or is it a ohm/voltage combo that would produce the results i'm looking for?

Q2: Juices and atomizers/cartimizers/clearomizers: I will also be trying some fruit variants as well as regular tobacco flavors and i'm wondering what is the cheapest option at this point. At this point it's way too much info i've taken in, and i'm afraid of overdoing it and just ordering everything, including various batteries, mods, etc etc. would several tanks/clearomizers be ok? some cartomizers instead? or both? i just want something for the time being that i can refill with different juices as i'll probably be ordering about 10 to begin with.

Q3: This kinda pertains to question 2. has anyone made a ORANGE JULIUS flavored ejuice? Or at least a orange cream one that's good? Maybe one that tastes like red hots?

I will be ordering a REO GRande soon but plan to use that as my standard juice option, but only plan to use it once i've figured out a tobacco flavored taste i enjoy. I"ll keep the starter for trying out new flavored juices along the way. figured i'd want to start with something better than average if at all possible. i don't know where to start. it's overload.

Hope you can help. and sorry again if i sound like a pain in the ... newbie. my apologies.

Thanks in advance,
mike

Last edited:

Controlthebleeding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Austin
I'm really surprised if no one has thought of it. i use to drink like 3 every time i went to the mall as a kid. hell it's hard enough getting it right in a mixer with the ingredients in front of you. once i start being more comfortable on this forum and start experimenting with the diy juices, that's the first one i'm gonna tackle. if it hasn't been done already.

any suggestions on various atomizers? or even a vv mod? and i assume a drip tip would be needed with the atomizer?

Last edited:

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
I would look at a VV battery right off. They are priced reasonably and will deliver. I am talking about an Ego Twist type or Vision Spinner. These are easy to operate and you will find that they are a great starting point as well as a trusty standby for later, should you choose to get a Mod. There are so many vendors on here, I don't have any in particular that I deal with, just look for a discount code or sale. I have seen prices vary for same product by over $10.00 on a single battery. I personally don't care about name brand, my experience has been good either way.

I was just on another thread and somebody posted this battery eGo C Twist D 900mah VV - Black, you would need to get a 420 mah charger for ego eGo/510 USB Rapid Charger - 420mAh and you will need the delivery system Kanger T3 Rebuildable Clearomizer - Clear

Yes, you should buy several clearomizers and a few blank cartomizers. You will need to determine what you like best. The site I posted here, has good prices, I never bought anything from them, as I said earlier I found the link in another thread. Once you find what you like it will be less expensive and easy maintenance.

Don't know about the juice, sorry, I am still trying to find something to work for me, the biggest problem so far.

Good luck!

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
Personally I would hold off buying clearomizers or cartomizers until I found my juices. Atomizers are much easier to change juice in quickly, and you get more of the flavor. Another thing to consider is a lot of juices crack the polycarbonate tanks on clearos, especially cinnamon, banana, there is a list on ECF of juices that are known to be tank destroyers. You don't want to inhale vapor from something that eats polycarbonate for lunch.

I second the vote for an Ego Twist or Vision Spinner battery. Bear in mind you need to have more than one battery, and more than one atomizer. Things break or quit working and someone who has just changed over to e cigs should not be without backups. IMHO you need more than one charger as well. I tend to buy the higher mah batteries, not the 650's. They last longer on a full charge.

Throat hit is usually a combination of voltage and nicotine level. I would buy sample sized juices to try until I found something I liked/loved. Your taste is going to come back and what you start out liking in juice may not be good to you a week or three down the road. Some of us start with higher nicotine levels in juice than others. Another good reason for buying sample sizes and varying the nicotine content to see what suits you. With variable voltage you may find that you can use a lower nicotine level than with something less powerful. For many of us juice is the largest variable and the hardest piece of the vaping puzzle to nail down.

My own personal experience is that tobacco juices didn't do anything for me, nor many fruity ones. I tend to be a dessert vaper, I like things like strawberry waffles and caramel pecan cheesecake et al. I also like espresso and cappucino vapes. Try sample sizes and save yourself a lot of money and grief until you find what you like. Vaping flavors are not like eating them. There is a marked difference. I found that things I liked to eat didn't cut it as vapes and vice versa in many cases.

Once you have worked out what works best for you you can spread out to clearos, cartos, carto tanks whatever catches your eye.

Welcome to ECF and a healthier life ;)

Oops, I almost forgot about the change in the draw on an e cig from a tobacco cig. Long slow draws, you cannot hit an ecig like a cigarette. Long and slow is the way to go :D

Juices higher in VG produce more vapor.

Last edited:

Controlthebleeding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Austin
thanks so much you all. i really appreciate it. last question? any sites with good juices. any places to avoid? i did hear about the cinnamon and banana. big fan of cinnamon, not so much banana.

i think i'll probably get a few joy c-twist 1000mah batteries, and some atty's with drip tips and a ton of juices till i can find something i like.

Last edited:

CheebaSteeba

Jan 10, 2013
AZ
Cinnamon is really good in a vape, I really like the guys over at tastyvapor.us for juices. What others have said, eGo is a pretty good battery, and if you're wondering if you should get VV you might as well. If you know what it is then you're probably going to want it. Only reason I might recommend not getting a VV is if you're confused enough about what the hell an ecig is anyway(like some of the people I've been trying to get off analogs). The twist is a good start, simple enough to manage and powerful enough for most set ups.

I've really only used cartos(smoktech mega cartos to make for uniform looking ecig) but I'm really considering getting some atomizers. I've heard nothing but good things about the hh357 from people. Atomizer would be good if you're still looking for a juice that suits you

DontBurnIt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Arlington, TX
YES on a vv e-go. Vapow sells authentic JoyeTech for $26. a 1000 mah c-twist. Get the USB charger and wall charger as well.

OR, get a vv pass-thru - GotVapes has a decent one for $30, including USB charger. I have one, works fine, adjusts from 3 to 6 volts, pass-thru. Link Here

For atty, I just keep a couple cheap atties to taste flavors with. When I find something I like, I load a clearo or carto/tank so I can vape without hassle. If you get clearos, make sure the wick ALWAYS STAYS SOPPING WET & DON'T TURN THE VOLTAGE ABOVE 3.6 or you'll burn the wick. I tilt my clearos (Kanger T2's) upward so the juice runs downhill to the wick while I draw on it. I DON'T LIKE T-3'S, but that's just me.

100% VG juice has NO THROAT HIT. I recommend at least 50% PG for flavor and throat hit.

Honestly, I've only tried 3 vendors of juices: Alien Visions, Heather's Heavenly Vapes, and Mountain Oak Vapors. AV was not for me. Heather's was hit and miss FOR ME. MOV was spot on. No over-bearing flavors - always a good blend EXCEPT for Tropical Sunrise - it's perfumey when fresh. I'll let it steep a long while & retry.

Order sample packs:

Tobacco: their Smoky Mountain 555, White Leaf, and Classic CountRY4 are sweet tobacco flavors - more sweet than tobacco, but a great balance I vape all day every day. Blue Ridge is a mild, delicious blueberry tobacco. Very smooth & easy to vape for hours. Natural flavor. Other people recommend Vermillion River and Backwoods Brew for their Tobacco flavors, and I'll be trying those soon.

Dark Temptations: Bliss, Legendary, and Coffee & Creme I can enjoy for hours. Heavenly 7 makes you want to drink it from the bottle - the coconut and chocolate are real and killer, BUT I can't take much of it. It's really TOO MUCH ! It's LIKE DESSERT -it's nice to have, but you can't keep eating it.

SweetWater Valley: RED DROP, RED DROP, RED DROP if raspberry lemonade sounds good to you. They have Orange Creamsicle and Big Orange(& mango) you may try. Again, don't take one person's word for it. GET SAMPLES FIRST.

Good luck.

Last edited:

SecGuru

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Pittsburgh
Like a lot of folks, I recommend you go VV right away. Here's what I did. I bought a starter kit from VaporBeast: http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/sk36.htm

It's a great starter. Two batteries, two clearos, chargers. All you'll need is juice. For your juice question, I haven't run into any Orange Julius flavors yet, sorry. But, there are *a lot* of great juices out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread