New to the Forum and New to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3T3R GOA

Jul 7, 2018
Goa, India
Hi, I'm Peter from Goa, India. I just picked up a smok X-Priv a few days ago and started vaping.
I have picked up the following E-Juices:
1. French Vanilla Coffee.
2. BJ Swing.
3. Caramel Cappuccino.
4. Manila Breeze.
5. Rich tobacco 3 mg

1-4 are zero nicotine.

Attachments

• 36931627_10156598231443833_1329676051835518976_n.jpg
    36931627_10156598231443833_1329676051835518976_n.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 9

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Yea. I used to smoke 6-7 cigarettes a day. I have already managed to get it down to 3-4 within a few days.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Happy to hear of your success. Here are a few vaping advantages:
Health
Taste (flavors)
Cost
Cleanliness
No stink, self,clothes, environment
Hobby
Fun
Stealthy
Less negative social stigma
Promote new like minded friendships
Scalability, near complete control of all the above

P3T3R GOA

Jul 7, 2018
Goa, India
Hi, I've also got the Smok X-Priv, a very good vaporizer. I've ordered an RBA kit for it so I'll be using a stainless steel coil which will last years. If it gets carboned up you remove the wick and burn off the carbon and don't have to buy atomizers.
Thanks for the info. I'm doing some reading on this as I'm not familiar with types of coils etc.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Thanks for the info. I'm doing some reading on this as I'm not familiar with types of coils etc.

Hello and welcome!

Some people get right into building, some never do, same with making juice. Whatever works for you. But there’s all the info you need, however your vape journey goes, to be had here.

P3T3R GOA

Jul 7, 2018
Goa, India
Juice leak.jpg

I'm having a problem with my brand new Smok X-Priv tank. It's leaking E-Juice. I suspect the leak is from the o-ring where the coil is screwed to the base of the tank. I opened and inspected it but it seems to be un-damaged. I checked all the O-Rings. None are missing/damaged. The kit came with another slimmer glass for the tank. I removed the one in the pic and installed the slim tank glass. The problem was temporarily solved but soon this started leaking too. Whenever I open up the tank and refit all the components and refill it it works fine for a while and then starts leaking. The leaks get works as the tank level falls.

I'm facing another problem too. The kit came with 2 coils. One was a single one and one with 4 small coils. I opened up the single coil bottom to check the o-rings and after putting it back it's stopped working. The screen on the mod is displaying "No Atomiser".

Please advise what to do.

I'm also planning to buy another tank so I can alternate between 2 flavours without cleaning the tanks. The obvious thing would be to buy a tank from Smok for the X-Priv but given the problem with leaks, I'm tempted to buy something else. Please suggest what tanks I could consider. I'm not sure if any tank can be fitted to any mod.

Reactions: stols001

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the same vaporizer, I got the x tank also but since I like stainless steel coils I used an older TFV8 Big Baby Beast tank with an RBA. I tried ordering a RBA for the X tank but it won't fit the tank so I'm out a few dollars. I did use the X tank when it first came in without problems.
Smok also sells the vaporizer with a Smok Prince tank for a few dollars more. The X tank is 24.5mm diameter size and 4.0ml capacity tank so something close to that size should work.
Your work on the X tank sounds like you opened up a wire, there should be one plus and one ground wire going to the coil if one wire is not connected it will show no atomizer. Smok had a problem with the first version of the Priv tank leaking and you had to move one of the wire I mention out of the way so it could seal. Best of luck with it

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
View attachment 758521
I'm also planning to buy another tank so I can alternate between 2 flavours without cleaning the tanks. The obvious thing would be to buy a tank from Smok for the X-Priv but given the problem with leaks, I'm tempted to buy something else. Please suggest what tanks I could consider. I'm not sure if any tank can be fitted to any mod.
I must admit I'm not a fan of SMOK products. Having said that, you can put any brand tank on any brand battery device, as long as the battery device has enough power (total wattage) to fire the coils. Coils have a recommended wattage range. For example:
  • 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W
  • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
  • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
  • 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit (temp control)

I'm a big fan of the Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
You should take at these Vape Atomizers | Vape Tanks | Cascade Baby/Mini vape tank | Vaporesso
I have the BBB and a Prince tank and I like them, but the Cascade tanks are a cut above. Vaporesso really nailed with this tank and a good selection of high quality coils. Just for information, the standard and mesh coils are Nichrome for power modes, the GT Ccells are SS316 if you decide to use Temperature Control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread