Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
Alright.

I'm tired of this, it happens a lil to often recently.

New vapers comes to the forum and asks for advice about their brand spanking new eGo kit that they are super excited about and then, if you scroll down a lil, in the replies, there is always an answer like this:

"What you need is a mechanical and an IGO L with drilled out air holes and build a 0.5 ohm coil."

Really? I mean.... Really?!?!?!

That to me is a huge lack of judgment on the repliers part and I am sick of it....

Guys... please use your common sense. Don't jump the gun and recommend stuff that people are not ready for.

Rant over.

vape on!!

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I think it's important to keep in mind that most of us comment on and suggest what we're familiar with and what we feel delivers the best vape for us, as individuals. Like taste, the device is subjective as well. I could pass my Kayfun 3.1 clone around a table and it could be a 50/50 shootout on likes and dislikes because the draw differs substantially from other RTA's and clearo's / glasso's and some people simply won't like it.

That said, I do agree for the most part that we shouldn't overlook the OP's post if they're simply talking about a new kit they picked up, but many of the threads I've chimed in on or read are to the tune of: oh look, I got an eGO, what's the next step - what's rebuilding, what about batteries etc. They want to rush into what everyone else is already using or what they see in reviews, so it's not just the ones that comment; the OP's, sometimes, are pushing the thread in that direction as well.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Finally posted something I have been 100% with from Registering Here. People come here to get help not more confusion. They need time to acclimate and build an understanding off everything involved.
Everyone learns at their own pace and some of the, ahmm... suggestions can be over whelming.

How hard can it be to READ a question and ANSWER the QUESTION?
How hard can it be to not respond if you cannot be helpful?

How difficult is it to Give some Explanation IF you feel the need to make a, ahmmm.......... suggestion.

Shopan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thebestcityintheworld,USA
Just to put in my Limited Experiance. I read the Forum for a Few days before getting my first set up. I am indeed lucky as the Technology is changing SO FAST that I caught the Protank 1 when it was the "must have" and now they have the V3 already(check Signature). I wanted to get a head of the Curve so I went with the "new" iTaste 3.0 for the vv/vw and not have to worry about batteries/Chargers.
What I would tell any "newbie" now is get a MVP2 and try every atty you can think of c4's Iclears(?) ...You can even get a Pheonix clone and try Rebuilding and not have to worry too much with it.
NOw I went a head and got a Mech as I Am comfortable with being Safe, and know where to go for Realtime Questions Before I try anything But I understand the Point, of your post. Everyone Has thei Own Vape to find and Mechs and Subing might be IT for Some but telling someone to go straight there is like making the Drum major play QB in the homecoming game because he likes football. Sure having a Mech in the Collection is a must as internal batteries do not last forever but that will come with time and Confidence. The real thing that needs to happen is everyone Vape Safe we do not need Bad press right now....

CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL
"What you need is a mechanical and an IGO L with drilled out air holes and build a 0.5 ohm coil."

There are two sides to this coin, though. I agree, if the OP is excited about the kit they just got, and are possibly looking for something better than, say, clearo's, offering suggestions that would be good, and easy, would be the way to go.

The one thing that gets me is when an OP posts "Hey, I'm new to vaping, and I'm thinking about getting XXXX RBA/RDA." People always chime in saying to wait until the OP is more experienced, etc, etc. I realize that RBAs and RDAs are more advanced, but there are people who are mechanically and electronically inclined, who could handle all that goes with it.

wonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Just to put in my Limited Experiance. I read the Forum for a Few days before getting my first set up. I am indeed lucky as the Technology is changing SO FAST that I caught the Protank 1 when it was the "must have" and now they have the V3 already(check Signature). I wanted to get a head of the Curve so I went with the "new" iTaste 3.0 for the vv/vw and not have to worry about batteries/Chargers.
What I would tell any "newbie" now is get a MVP2 and try every atty you can think of c4's Iclears(?) ...You can even get a Pheonix clone and try Rebuilding and not have to worry too much with it.
NOw I went a head and got a Mech as I Am comfortable with being Safe, and know where to go for Realtime Questions Before I try anything But I understand the Point, of your post. Everyone Has thei Own Vape to find and Mechs and Subing might be IT for Some but telling someone to go straight there is like making the Drum major play QB in the homecoming game because he likes football. Sure having a Mech in the Collection is a must as internal batteries do not last forever but that will come with time and Confidence. The real thing that needs to happen is everyone Vape Safe we do not need Bad press right now....

Speechless.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
It is not limited to this forum, in my quest to visit all the B&Ms in my area I saw 2 customers chased out of the store by a clerk steering folks that weren't happy with 400mAh ego battery life. Each stated like liked the form factor, they could stand for it to be longer. They were steered to the mech mod section and bombarded with information/RBA stuff... One left to go buy a pack of smokes and to think about things, the other left in frustration to go research and buy online.

They had 1000mAh ego batteries in the store as well as vv3s. They could have had 2 sales with happy customers leaving, at least happy till the next bug hit. You can't be hitting newbies on the head with the advanced stuff unless they come to the table with their research done and specific questions.

At any rate I found another flavor I liked and picked up a G50 cheap.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Alright.

I'm tired of this, it happens a lil to often recently.

New vapers comes to the forum and asks for advice about their brand spanking new eGo kit that they are super excited about and then, if you scroll down a lil, in the replies, there is always an answer like this:

Really? I mean.... Really?!?!?!

That to me is a huge lack of judgment on the repliers part and I am sick of it....

Guys... please use your common sense. Don't jump the gun and recommend stuff that people are not ready for.

Rant over.

Vape on!!

Could not agree more. This has been going on since I've been here and frankly, for a long time, I just stayed away from the new members thread because I was always drowned out. The other thing is that some of the members don't bother to read what others have already posted and say the exact same thing you may have said in another post prior to theirs. And some don't even seem to answer the questions that the OP has asked.
I actually went out and purchased some of the newer products out there now just so I would know how to help some of the new members. And was quite surprised at how far the industry has blossomed in just this past year. And I now am enjoying a couple of MPV 2's and a couple of the Aspire bcc tanks. Haven't quite retired my provari's and carto tanks tho. Just adding to my daily rotation. LOL

Ok, I have had my say..........back to the regular schedule program.......

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread