New to the vape world!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelby93

May 3, 2015
Durham
hello all!
I'm Shelby, i am new to the vape world! I need some help, i just got the eleaf istick 30w sub OHM and the aspire nautilus mini adjustable airflow tank, i'm not so sure what setting i should put it on? i feel like the hits are very harsh, I have tried different wattage and volts. when i put it on a lower setting its not as harsh but i don't get good flavor or much smoke (attempting to quit smoking when i don't get smoke i don't feel like i'm smoking) can anyone help me out?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
hello all!
I'm Shelby, i am new to the vape world! I need some help, i just got the eleaf istick 30w sub OHM and the aspire nautilus mini adjustable airflow tank, i'm not so sure what setting i should put it on? i feel like the hits are very harsh, I have tried different wattage and volts. when i put it on a lower setting its not as harsh but i don't get good flavor or much smoke (attempting to quit smoking when i don't get smoke i don't feel like i'm smoking) can anyone help me out?

It doesn't work like magic; it takes some getting used too.

Start low and go up gradually;

It it tastes too harsh you might have burnt something and it will keep tasting a bit harsh for a while.

The coil has to get damp; if it gets too dry it will taste harsh.

Reactions: Baditude

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
At 1.8Ω 3.5v or 6.8 watts should be ok , most non variable voltage ego batteries are at 3.7 volts.
Think the istick goes down to 5 watts. So start at 5 watts and increase one watt at a time till you get what you like.
If 5 watts gives you burnt taste then something is wrong , low vapour perhaps but shouldn't taste burnt.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edyle, I had orginally started off with the eGo c twist with the aspire dual coil tank on it. i'm still so new to this so im not so sure on everything, when i got my new tank and the eleaf today the lady at the vape store hooked me up, she primed the coil and put the juice in the tank for me. im on 3.9v and 6.9 w right now.

Yes it just takes some getting used to; for example, sometimes the coil is just too wet and does not give out much vapour at first then as you use it the coil gets just right; but if you vape too fast that the wicking does not keep up, then it ends up getting too hot and tastes harsh.

Sometimes you just buy a new eliquid that just happens to be the right ratio for your setup and it works like magic.

You can also get inconsistency between coils.

3.9v sounds good.
It should work in that voltage range around 3.5 to 4.2

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
whats the differance between watts and volts? should i be turning up the volts when i turn up the watts?

Both are related to each other in relation to the resistance.
If your using a 1.8Ω coil and say put your istick at 3.5v the watts should be 6.8 watts.
If you then go into watts mode and put in 6.8 watts it should read 3.5 volts.
Ohms law , read and study
V is voltage measured in volts,I is current measured in amperes

R is resistance measured in ohms

V = I x R (Voltage = Current multiplied by Resistance)

R = V / I (Resistance = Voltage divided by Current)

I = V / R (Current = Voltage Divided by Resistance)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
whats the differance between watts and volts? should i be turning up the volts when i turn up the watts?

you either use the watts or the volts.
standard voltage is 3.7 volts

by the way, if you are using the same liquid as before and vaping at a higher power, it might taste harsher because of the nicotine. when you vape at higher power, you usually need to reduce the nicotine strength.

Shelby93

May 3, 2015
Durham
you either use the watts or the volts.
standard voltage is 3.7 volts

by the way, if you are using the same liquid as before and vaping at a higher power, it might taste harsher because of the nicotine. when you vape at higher power, you usually need to reduce the nicotine strength.

Thats exactly what it is, its the juice!!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nicotine concentration of the e-liquid has the biggest determination of "throat hit" or harshness. Pg concentration (of the pg/vg ratio) is the next biggest determinator. So going by that, drop the nic concentration and the pg concentration.

Lower resistance coils (lower ohm numbers) will create a warmer vape which may appear harsh, especially to a new vaper. I'm not sure if the Nautilus accepts higher ohm coils, but if it does try those to get a cooler vape.

Reactions: Shelby93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread