Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm Mike and i have been smoking analogs for about 10 years and have just decided to get into vaping to kick my habit I ordered the V2 e-cig starter kit and its alright but it just isn't cutting it for me so i did some reasearch and have settled on the KGO V2 as my next setup. It should be here by Monday and i can be anymore anxious The kit comes with 2 SLB clearomizers and i also ordered a few drip tips and a Vision Nova tank. I ordered a few samples of juices from some various vendors and i see that the best way to try out new flavors seems to be atomizers. I have tried doing research and i cant seem to get a real good answer on what the best atomizer would be to use on my new KGo. Any information,tips,suggestions will all be greatly appreciated i am very excited to dive into this new world of vaping and could use all the help i can get from the ECF community.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Mike and welcome to ECF. I own the older version Kgo and LOVE it. The Kgo fires @ 3.7 volts so an atomizer at 2- 2.2 ohms would be good. A 510 atty is good but a 306 is better- just make sure a 306 drip tip is included. Would also need a 510 drip tip for the 510 drip tip. "Most" of us only use the atty for testing new juice so really either one would be good. If you're planning on dripping definitely get the 306 though.
Best of Luck.

Welcome! Im new as well and have found that my ego vv works wonderful with a 2ohm carto and tank. I use 510 bridge less attyz when testing and have time to drip but the tank ssetup is better for the convenience factor.....every clear o ive tried has cracked but I like citrus flavors so poly tank is my fave. I have only tried one juice vendor and thats roarvapor.com and they have a nice selection and have given me great advice. My brother uses a couple flavors from mt baker vapor and he's on a vivi nova with a vamo mod. Hubby uses roarvapor like me, uses a mod called "the natural" and a poly carto tank as well cause he had problems with his clearos cracking like I did. Hope u find the right setup for you, good luck and happy vaping!

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Just to be clear, dripping means depositing a few drops of juice directly onto the coil of an atomizer without using any wicks or filler material. This ensures an effcient delivery of juice to coil and by most accounts, results in a superior flavor. You can usually get 4 or 5 puffs from a couple of drops but that can vary depending on the type of juice, device you are using, voltage/wattage settings of your device, resistance of the atty, etc. Experimentation is the key here.

As mentioned already, you can use any 510 atty on your battery to test juices but a 510 will leak a few drops periodically so it's good practice to clean your connections on a regular basis especially when dripping. One advantage of the 306 atty is that it is sealed so it shouldn't leak like the 510 which is why it is often a good choice if you do a lot of dripping.

Vape On! :)

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
The biggest difference is the fact that the 306 uses an exposed bridge rather than having it recessed like it is in the 510. That tends to be useful when dripping. The LR version of the 306 was/is quite popular for dripping but many folks have since moved on to rebuildables for dripping.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Here's what I got for my KGO. It was my first dripping atomizer. It came highly recommended by my pals here at ECF.
Cisco LR306 Atomizer + Drip Tip Special - Avid Vaper

Enjoy that Kgo. I loved mine. I forgot to smoke because of that KGO!

EDIT: 1.8 ohm resistance is the Cisco atomizer that works best for the KGO. Make sure to get the XL long drip tip too.

Last edited:

Shreck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2009
Olivet, Michigan, United States
Feel the need to comment here as I see some incorrect information being given.

306 are not sealed. You have to have air intake from somewhere in order to get airflow. That is done from below the coils, just like a 510.

Also 306 come with a bridge AND you can by them Bridgeless as well. BUT, You can also buy the 501 with, or without a bridge. So not ALL 306 attys are bridgeless.

The 510 is a cylinder that the drip tip fits into. The 306 is more of an exposed atty that the drip tip fits over the top of.

It is said that the 306s perform better and last longer, but that is a matter of opinion. I like the 510 better for dripping.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
slickstang01 said:
]Thanks for the advice Bullette and Shreck! where would you suggest is the best place to buy a 510 atty and what ohm should i get for my kgo

Hi Michael. Had forgotten about this thread...apologies. You'll find most vendors sell the 510. I've been using the same 510 attys for 1 1/2 yrs with only 1 failing. I use them strictly for testing juices. Your Kgo fires @ 3.7 volts so anything form 1.7- 2.4 ohms would be fine. If you have a favorite Vendor you could post the website and I'll provide a direct link. Also here's a volts to ohms chart to give a "general" idea of how to match ohms to your PV. Always buy single coil delivery systems (holds and vaporizes the juice)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

Edit: Here are a couple of sales sites:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-992.html
http://.........blogspot.ca/

Actually here's an Ecig Search Engine:
http://vaporsearchusa.com/index01.html
You have a Vendor in town but they're rather expensive and no storefron BUT many vendors will allow cust pickup:
http://smokerevolutionusa.com/ Never know though when you'll need them in an emergency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread