New to the vapor world with a EAZE Magnum REV-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hello to all members, I am Robert from Mississauga Canada.

Just this past friday I purchased and received the ePuffer Magnum REV-2 starter kit....... now wishing I hadn't after seeing all the reviews on ePuffer.

Well, just like the reviews, I am experiencing those awful burning carts after about 50-70 vaps. I dissected a 6mg one they included as a bonus and was shocked at the damage inside. I no longer have any good working carts that came with it, and have started on the bonus pack, but these aren't lasting much longer either and it hurts my throat

I have submitted a ticket to ePuffer, not expecting much of a response based on other people's experiences.

My BIGGEST question for the forum out there, Can anyone suggest a MUCH BETTER cart to use with this battery then ePuffer's burning carts.

I purchased the one listed here: Electronic Cigarette by ePuffer | EAZE MAGNUM REV-2 VALUE Kit with Bonus

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I was hoping to keep the looks-like-a-cigarette for the time being while I quit smoking all together.

I'm hoping there is someone out there with a better known cart for this vp

I have included 2 pics of the Cartomizer

Attachments

• IMG_5107.jpg
    IMG_5107.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5108.jpg
    IMG_5108.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 14

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
A cartomizer does not last as long as a pack of cigarettes. That is a typical rebrander lie. We use cartomizers with soft-caps on the end for adding more juice to keep them damp - then you can get 4-7 days use out of each carto. Some rip-off rebranders use hard caps or even glued on caps on the cartos because they don't want people to add juice (Note- you do have to be careful if you can add juice because you likely have automatic batteries which can be killed if juice drips out of a carto)

If what you have is about 9mm diameter, a 2-piece ecig with a cartomizer that screws onto the battery, and has male threads on the battery and female ones on the cart....

It's probably either KR808D-2 aka E9, the ripoff rebrander's favorite 2-piece
or
KR808D-1, the most supported 2-piece which is not thread compatible with KR808D-2

You can mostly only buy KR808D-2 cartomizers from other ripoff rebranders like Smoke 51 Duo, Green Smoke, Red Dragon, Vapure. AZSMokeFree has some KR808D-2 stuff. LeCig may have some D2 stuff and does have D2 to D1 and D1 to D2 adapters. I do not know whose cartomizers might be soft caps.

KR808D-1 stuff including soft-cap cartos can be found at many multibrand retailers and the most prefilled cartos are at Vapor4Life.com

So you have to figure out if you have KR808D-2 or KR808D-1. You could buy cartos for each and see which fits.

Last edited:

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Your pics look like the first unit I bought (mistake) just got a ego t month ago they may not be perfect but I have found it to be real easy to use with a little learning curve as far as budget goes it has already saved me enuf to buy two reos one today and hope one next week along with all equip needed with them and am still ahead of what analogs would have cost me plus I am feeling great now. Good luck whatever you do

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Your pics look like the first unit I bought (mistake) just got a ego t month ago they may not be perfect but I have found it to be real easy to use with a little learning curve as far as budget goes it has already saved me enuf to buy two reos one today and hope one next week along with all equip needed with them and am still ahead of what analogs would have cost me plus I am feeling great now. Good luck whatever you do

Good for you Justice! :thumb:

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Looking at the Reo, I am definitely interested. But for now I have to stick with this blasted REV-2.

I notice the end I insert in my mouth can be removed with a bit of "force" to refill it with juice, I am then met with a see through ring sitting above the cotton or fabric.

I Still find it a bit of a P.I.T.A that they say it will last 400 puffs or so and I can barely get 40-50 from it without killing my throat afterwords

I have included a pic of the whole unit if it helps to identify what type I have (KR808D-1 or D-2)

Attachments

• IMG_5111.jpg
    IMG_5111.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 8

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't think anyone could tell by looking which is D1 and which is D2. They are near twins with just some difference in the threads.

BTW get 1 most reply and wait an hour and you will be able to post in the Canada section of ECF. They have a better idea in there of what is actually available in Canada and what makes it through customs.

No - cartos do not give 400 drags. Reputable vendors do not make claims like that. At least both D1 and D2 are good models - just D1 is the one supported by accessory makers and the normal-price marketplace.

Meanwhile - see if the mouth-end cap of your cartos pops out easily - stick an unbent small paperlip in just far enough to pop out the mouth cap. If it's soft and pops out easily then the cartos you can already get are refillable. You just need to keep them damp with juice to get several days use out of each. And you need to make absolutely sure the carto isn't going to drip because you have auto batteries.

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
The first kit I bought was a KR808 (sorry don't know D1 from D2) when I realized how quick they were going dry, I bought some juice from one of the vendors that advertise on this site, popped out the end of the carto with the end of a paperclip and filled them myself- each one lasted for at least 5 refills, in fact I still have some that are functional after 10 or more refills. I don't think any of those vendors want you to refill the cartos they make a gang of money off of them, but unless the end is glued in, it's real easy to do.

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
I just looked through some old forum posts and this is what stosh says about the e-cig you have:
"According to this Atomizer Compatibility List - E-Cigarette Wiki the epuffer r2 is a 901/808-D1 thread
(that's what the numbers actually refer to) the 901 would be the thread size for an atomizer
and cart (3piece) and 808 D1 would be for the equaling cartomizer (2 piece)."

Nascar_Perry

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I don't think anyone could tell by looking which is D1 and which is D2. They are near twins with just some difference in the threads.

BTW get 1 most reply and wait an hour and you will be able to post in the Canada section of ECF. They have a better idea in there of what is actually available in Canada and what makes it through customs.

Thank You very much for the information, yes I was playing with the white end cap, it does pop off easily on some of them, a couple of them required a little persuasion to come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread