New to vaping and Blu. Some questions for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaloCS

Jan 15, 2013
Denver, CO
Hello, I just got a Blu Original Starter Kit and so far it's working as advertised. Since I'm an e-cig newbie I was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions for me?

First question:
I was wondering where in the standard charging pack the spare battery goes. As far as I can tell there are only 7 locations; 5 for the flavor carts, 1 for a fully assembled cig and 1 slot for recharging. I do not see a slot for the spare battery that the kit came with. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to just leave the spare battery in the recharging slot but not screwed in? Is there a secret compartment or something? LOL

Second question:
When people say the battery lasts 1 hour is that 1 hour of physical use or 1 hour of elapsed time? I.E. if I completed a charge at 8:00 PM should I expect the battery to be dead at 9:00 PM, no matter how much I used it? Or, is that 1 hour based upon my usage. I.E. if I take 5 second puffs that equals 12 puffs to a minute which equals 720 puffs an hour?

Some terminology questions:
What are 'analogs'?
What is 'throat hit'?

Thanks a lot guys! :)

MrSelf Destruct

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Cobra Island
Analogs are your traditional cigarettes.

There is no spot for the extra battery. When I used my Blu...I would find myself having a full charged battery and cart in the assembled slot. My other assembled one I would just slide in my pocket or put it behind my ear since it is so small.

Battery life really depends on how much you use it. Mine would last several hours before I needed to throw it on the charger and swap out to the spare.

All the info I really have on them. I used mine for about 3 weeks. They definitely helped me with cravings from smoking. Now I use an Ego T.

Varguar

Jan 25, 2013
Oregon
First question:
I was wondering where in the standard charging pack the spare battery goes. As far as I can tell there are only 7 locations; 5 for the flavor carts, 1 for a fully assembled cig and 1 slot for recharging. I do not see a slot for the spare battery that the kit came with. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to just leave the spare battery in the recharging slot but not screwed in? Is there a secret compartment or something? LOL

Second question:
When people say the battery lasts 1 hour is that 1 hour of physical use or 1 hour of elapsed time? I.E. if I completed a charge at 8:00 PM should I expect the battery to be dead at 9:00 PM, no matter how much I used it? Or, is that 1 hour based upon my usage. I.E. if I take 5 second puffs that equals 12 puffs to a minute which equals 720 puffs an hour?

Some terminology questions:
What are 'analogs'?
What is 'throat hit'?

Thanks a lot guys! :)

For the first question. You have a slot for the cart and battery all hooked up, then the charging slot is where you leave the second battery with no cart on it. If you have the original blu then to charge it you need to screw it into place to charge. If you have the new 100 style then you just leave it there and closing the lid with determine whether or not it needs to charge. So in essance your second smoke is just the battery with no cart on it. When your first battery dies, change batteries and screw the old one in to charge on the go.

Second. Its by use not overall battery life. So depends on how much you use it. I typically get about 4 hours out of mine since I puff on it off and on. Then I just change the battery out and keep going.

Terms: Analogs = good old fashioned cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread