New to Vaping and trying to quit cigs but coughing and worse with the vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3000

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2012
Michigan
Like most people on here, I smoked heavily 3-4 packs a day no lie. Always had a cig in my mouth. I found in my case not to buy cheap stuff I told my wife I was only go to spend maybe $100 but instead I spent $300, that motivated me to quit because of all the money I spent, also I spent the money I was saving for my wife's birthday gift. So I had to quit. Or get a divorce. (LOL). When you vape don't change your rutin. You cough, have dreams about smoking, also anytime you see someone smoke your going to want one just vape threw it..

It takes one day at a time.. you have support here you need to talk someone is always on..

SadoniaBostonia

Mar 12, 2018
Hi All again!!! I started coughing and hacking up again. I was vaping outside and the coughing kicked in today, and now I can't vape without coughing again. I was doing fine with the Aspire Breeze with the much much lower nicotine level of 3mg, I constantly vape on it though, really NON STOP. I was vaping all night last night and no cigs!!! I was using my new Atmos RX mini and was vaping on it like crazy for the nicotine fix with the 6mg ejuice. So I went and bought a 12mg juice and coughed like crazy on that!!! So I went back to the Breeze and was doing fine. Well not perfect but just fine! But today? UGH!!!! I went and bought a pack of cigs because I needed that nicotine fix!!! I also bought the WTA 12mg and that makes me cough bad too!!! I seemed to being doing fine with the 3mg juice in the Breeze until today! Any other suggestions? I am spending lotsa money on juices and vapes!!!! but I know I spend a heck of a lot more on the cigs!! so? help??? please?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Try 9 mg/ml nic. 12 just may be too high. You may be coughing for a variety of other reasons too, such as dual use, and detoxing, but too high nic can cause coughing fits. You could mix in some of your higher strength WTA into a lower strength mix, and see how you do with that.

Chain vaping as you transition is entirely normal, so if all else fails, go to the nic level that you can tolerate for now (and, you may want to try a lower level of nic salt juice if you haven't, as it tends to be smoother and offer less throat hit, most folks can tolerate higher level nic with nic salts, as they aren't as harsh.

Best of luck, sometimes finding the right juice and nic level can be harder than finding the right equipment.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread