New to Vaping, Battery advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudKidd

Oct 12, 2017
Just purchased a smok ALIEN 220 (I love it) just wondering how long you charge the dual/balanced batteries for (until the batteries are full) on the screen or do they need a certain amount of hours to charge the first time. I got USB with it, charging from my PC, is this okay?.

also how many Ws (power) would I need or is it preference?.

thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: Necrospecter

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Charge the batteries until they are fully charged is all that is needed.

Watts depends on many things (too many to list) and are individual's preference. Start low and work up to a wattage that suits you.

Most folks prefer to charge batteries in a dedicated charger in lieu of USB on computer. If something goes wonky while charging your computer is at risk.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Just purchased a SMOK ALIEN 220 (I love it) just wondering how long you charge the dual/balanced batteries for (until the batteries are full) on the screen or do they need a certain amount of hours to charge the first time. I got USB with it, charging from my PC, is this okay?.

also how many Ws (power) would I need or is it preference?.

thanks
The safe choice is to use the batteries recommended by the manufacturer.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
We can help recommend an external battery charger. Removing your batteries from the mod at any time shouldn't damage anything (unplug from the charger first, and make sure you reinsert them correctly (pos-neg). You really are trying to charge two rather large batteries via USB and an external charger is safer, easier on the batteries, and won't stress your mod or batteries like USB charging does, it can also charge batteries unevenly (not all mods do this, however, I'm not sure about yours).

If you can upload pics, great, otherwise you can just get the specs that are printed on the battery wrap UNDER whatever sticker may be there, you should be able to figure out what you have (make or model). IF you are unable to do this, there is a high probability they are re-wraps and may be unsafe to use. If you'd like to learn more about battery safety go here: Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

The table lists safe battery vendors that you can purchase directly from which is often the safest and cheapest way to go about it.

Best of luck,

Anna

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The safe choice is to use the batteries recommended by the manufacturer.
No. Just no. IIRC they recommend batteries with 35 A discharge, and as they don't exist... likewise, Sigelei recommends Sigelei cells. Bad. Use authentic Sony, LG, or Samsung cells from a reputable source.
24e0a59a71c3fd61b7df8ac1f42fb601.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
No. Just no. IIRC they recommend batteries with 35 A discharge, and as they don't exist... likewise, Sigelei recommends Sigelei cells. Bad. Use authentic Sony, LG, or Samsung cells from a reputable source.
24e0a59a71c3fd61b7df8ac1f42fb601.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
This is a more updated one from this year....
IMG_4813.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't use ebay or anything. AmazonUK I don't know too much about. Some of the reputable vendors (Check the CHART!) will supply through Amazon, at least they used to in the US, but that practice has stopped. If reputable vendors are able/willing to FULLFILL the order through AmazonUK (which may in fact be possible) then doing that would probably be okay and potentially faster. You need to know the SOURCE vendor of your batteries though, if they are being fulfilled through Amazon, and you are still probably better off purchasing directly. The UK forum may be helpful here, if you need assistance tracking down a reputable vendor from there....

Best of luck (seriously, take a pic before you start vaping, and learn how EASY removing your batteries is).... but, best of luck with both the batteries AND finding a vendor, and seriously, would I vape something these days, not knowing what type of batteries are in it? No Way. With that said, please start low with your wattage and if you notice signs of thermal runaway or battery stress (tank getting UNDULY warm) mod door getting warm at all, please shut down your mod and then (carefully!) remove the batteries and don't use either again until you get a set that you know is genuine. Oveheating batteries do have the potential to harm your mod irretrievably, so make sure you've got your warranty information and sales slip in case you need to return both.

Good luck!

Anna

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Those have to be rewraps. Though they amusingly remind me of the rather dreadful but always entertaining movie of the same name, featuring Vin Diesel, just like VD, I wouldn't trust those batteries. There is no known brand of batteries called "XXX Extreme Vaping Power" that I know of, so those are likely to be something else under the label. Lots of places will purchase cheap "seconds" from reputable vendors that have failed the manufacturing process, or they will often "up-wrap" where they take a battery with lower specs and then put a wrap in it thinking that the average new vaper won't know the difference.

That's unfortunate. To find out what they really are, you'd need to remove the wrap to find out. DON'T do that if you plan on vaping on those, though my inclination would be to return them to the Vape store before they harm your equipment or anything else. If you are dying to find out what they are, you can remove the wraps and see what is printed directly on the battery. It may surprise you, and in a bad way.

I can't advise vaping these, though maybe someone will happen along who has experience with them, but seriously, this is NOT advisable to do. I wish I could say otherwise, but I really am not liking the looks of those batteries, even if they do remind me of a youthful Vin Diesel. Sorry. Vape with them if you must, but do so knowing you are at risk, and how much is unknown. If you can wait a few days, I'd say return the batts to the vendor for a refund and get a few reputable batteries and an external charger, ASAP.

Best of luck,

Anna

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Those batteries are fine if used within their actual ratings. Suspected 30Q per Mooch, a high quality 20A cell with decent life.

(Posted a quick reiteration so my link doesn't get glossed over). No need to worry about rewraps when you can identify them and understand their limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread