Status
Not open for further replies.

nujerzydevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2012
United States
Hello all.

I'm pretty new to vaping but have been doing extensive amounts of research on it. IMO:blink:

I finally got to the point where i hating waking up because my lungs would be so congested. Not to mention that my 9 y/o daughter has been getting on my case to quit, and that there is no smoking on my job's property and have to drive about a quarter mile off grounds every time I wanted to light up.

All these factors together made me start looking into e-cigarettes.

I went right to Blu's website and got my shopping cart all loaded up and went to pull the trigger except I couldn't find my debit card. I took this as a sign to do a little bit more research on the e-cigarette I was about to purchase. From what I researched it was a good sign.

I ended up canceling my order with Blu and picking up a starter kit from ProSmoke. I got the deluxe starter kit with the chargeable holding pack. I also picked up a few extra carts so I wouldn't have to order again anytime soon.

I don't know if I'm completely impressed with the ProSmoke as far as taste and length of carts go... but on the other hand, I am simply amazed with the concept of vaping. This is my 3rd full day without an analog cigarette and I never once even had the urge for one since I transitioned. Awesome!!:)

So I've been doing more and more research about different ways to vape and all the info I'm receiving and trying to process is becoming a bit overwhelming for me. Cartomizers, clearomizers, tanks, bottom feed, top feed, drips, volts, ohms, single coil, dual coil... the list goes on.

I'm beginning to think I'm gonna have to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to find a vapor system that suits me perfectly. All the videos I have watched on youtube show the reviewers with 10-20 different system setups. I just want one. That perfect one that will suit me and get it on the first go around.

I'm not a cheapy by any means and have the capitol to invest into different devices if necessary, but I'd just rather not! lol.

At the moment, after all my research... This is the setup that I think I'm looking for.

eGo Twist battery
thread cover adapter
some sort of tank system cart
single coil low res atomizer (3.5-4.0v)
VG smoke juice

Please confirm or deny if this is a good setup, remember I'm still a novice so please be gentle.

I'm not really in any rush to pull the trigger and plan on doing a lot more research before I pull the trigger on a bigger device. But for now the ProSmokes are getting me by.

My ultimate plan is to use the ProSmokes for work because they are small and more discreet when on grounds at my job. Then using a bigger setup for commuting in the car and while at home.

Any more information needed in recommending me a good setup, feel free to ask.

I look forward to being part of this community long term and contributing back.

Day 3 tobacco-free and loving it!!:vapor:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Well welcome , The Ego twist is a good entry into the world of VV vaping ( varible voltage ) I have a few of those , and use them with LR dual coil tanks ( small DCT's ) they rock at 4 volts , and your good to go for at least several hours ,before you need more juice or charging . You may also look at the Ego stardusts / Ego Visions , in low resistance . Thet are a carto/atty tank , made to fit on Ego's . Again , very easy , and hassel free for several hours at least . There are other tanks and carto's out there , for the Ego's (way too many to list ) Good Luck

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
If you want hassle free "vaping" the lavatube mini, and vivi are for you.

If you want some hassle, the ego twists or regular 1000mah egos are fine .. With vivi nova tank of course.

Cartos distort flavor for me .. I cant use them. Theres no reason for the carto as they have came out with the vivi. You wont get any better results from messing with cartos .. trust me I wasted a ton of money in the beginning of my quest of vaping lol. I like 1.8ohm heads at 3.7v on my lavatube, perfect.

You really will save some money skipping the ego's and going for the lavatube mini if you dont mind the size. 52.00 for starter kit .. batterys will last all day then all night no issue.
also, its vv with digital display. hard to beat for price.

ego batterys last around 3 months in my experience.

Last edited:

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
I hear a lot of good things about the twist.

In the real world I work with a lot of newb vapers. I tell everyone to start out on cartos. They are cheap, easy and forgiving.

If you get the ego twist, get some 2 ohm cartomizers.

Juice is the tough part. Avoid pure VG juices with cartos. They don't wick in the packing well. I'd start out with 18-24mg nicotine. Get several small bottles of different flavors. You really don't know what you like.

I make my own juice, so I'm not much help on finding a juice vendor you will like.

s14sher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2011
Oklahoma
My tank of choice at the moment is the Mini Vivi Nova. It's fairly cheap at around 10 bucks and the atomizer heads are replaceable so you don't have to buy a whole new unit. It has a great draw and a 510 connector so it fits lots of devices. I haven't tried an eGO twist, but they look like a decent battery and everyone seems to like them. Buying vaping supplies can be addictive. I started out just wanting a simple setup where I used pre filled cartridges so I didn't have to go through the "hassle" of filling carts and such. A year later and I have various carts and things in one desk drawer and juices in another. :laugh:

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
As far as atomizer vs cartomizer:

Yes, atomizers do taste better. They also cost more, and have little storage capacity. I'd avoid any tank system till you find a flavor you like well enough to vape for several hours straight.

And, if you do completely ignore my advice. Have a pack of cartos handy just in case your other system fails.

Have a backup for everything: Charger, battery, atty/carto, juice. If you don't, your backup becomes a cigarette.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I've done lots of research and tied a few different setups already (a little over a month into this now).

I've used the ego systems. OK, but the quality of the vape degrades as the battery discharges.

Based on what I've tried and learned I would recommend the VV V2 lavatube type mode. There are 2 types of these, the best being the Young June Version, CCV has the new chrome model. I very much like the SmokTech Vmax. These two are very similar with the Vmax usually being a little more expensive. Both perform well and have excellent battery life that will not drop off until the battery needs recharged. If you do a little research in those threads here you can see the best recommended batteries for these (all batteries are not equal). Both of these use IMR batteries with AW or Efest being the best two brands IMO.

DCT tanks work well with these with a good 3 ohm carto. The new Vision Vivi Nova v2.5 tank works very well and IMO the easiest to refill and maintain.

These of course are just my opinions and I am in no way associated with any vendors or companies. Just a new vaper like you.

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
As far as atomizer vs cartomizer:

Yes, atomizers do taste better. They also cost more, and have little storage capacity. I'd avoid any tank system till you find a flavor you like well enough to vape for several hours straight.

And, if you do completely ignore my advice. Have a pack of cartos handy just in case your other system fails.

Have a backup for everything: Charger, battery, atty/carto, juice. If you don't, your backup becomes a cigarette.

I cant even test new juices in cartos as the taste is nowhere near what it will be in my vivi. Wish I could. I have 5 cartos laying around, and 4 new juices.

You can: Drip directly onto the head of the vivi, put together, and try the juice without filling the tank up.

I have 2 viv novas and I was not a fan, But everyone else seems to love them. My first Variable Voltage was the mini lava tube. I had been vaping for a little over a year before i tried VV. The mini lava tube was perfect.....until I got my provari that is. lol. I still use the mini lava as my backup, and its a great device. Totally wicked has a version for around 60 bucks, full kit. And I would recommend try the vivi nova. its 12 bucks so if you hate it, just get a different one. I personally wasnt a fan, so i use a vpx cartomater from nhaler.com. its a bit pricy at 45 bucks, but a solid tank none the less.

rdbeads

Jun 17, 2012
oregon
I started out with the Prosmoke. I hated the battery life. I sent it back, on the second day, and got a refund. The device worked ok, just didn't last me an hour before I had to recharge it. Yes, I do vape heavily.

I then got the Twists. They are great. I gave them to my brother so that he can hopefully quit smoking. I needed more battery life. I got the VTube (Lavatube) and love it. Good battery life, great vape, nice size. I needed a backup so I got the VV Gripper and that one has not left my hand since I got it. Easily fits into a pocket. Fantastic battery life. Amazing power. I love the rubber coating on it. Throw on a Vivi Nova and it is one hell of a powerhouse for a fantastic price.

I started out like you. I read like mad and had a hard time deciding on what to get. Don't forget, most any decent vaporizer will vape about the same as any other vaporizer. Variable Voltage allows you to adjust to whatever juice you are using and helps in getting better throat hit. Pick one that you feel will best suit your lifestyle and don't get to caught up in too much information.

If you go the Twist route get the Vivi Nova mini. If you go with a bigger mod get the regular Vivi Nova. You will not regret getting the Nova. The Nova can handle 100% VG with no problems. You can just buy replaceable heads or you can rebuild them yourself in minutes.

I would recommend:

2 eGo twist batteries 650mah
1 eGo charger
1 pack boge cartos LR (2.0ohm)
1 pack boge cartos SR (2.8ohm)
1 pack smoktech duel coil
(Altsmoke.com is a nice one stop shop although this stuff can be had all over)

This will help you figure out What ohm/volt/carto combo is best for you. On the matter of juice I prefer 50/50 and 60/40 PG/VG.
As 100% VG can and dose clog even attys. Have you picked an all day vape? Vermillion River's Kentucky Premium Blend is the closets to true anolog I have found, no lemon taste. Their No. 7 is the same but smoother. (vermillionriverejuice.com) VR also sells cartos and carto tanks. The eGo DCT will cover the threads so you woulsn't need a thread adapter. However It longer and will only accept XL boge's if like the boge's better.

Hope this helps, Welcome To The Nation!

Davenkay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
First of all, welcome and kudos for makig the decision to vape. You won't be sorry. Like most newbies, I have tried several models and styles and are still on the search. Now I amusing the eGo-Twist with a Kanger t2 tank. You will find the right setup eventually.. Keep at it and don't let anything get yoy. discouraged.

dragonrage

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
melrose fl

Valcas1

Feb 28, 2012
Long Island, NY
I'm no pro but will offer what worked for me. I started with a few 808 cigarette look alikes from v2. from the first day like yourself it was successful in getting me off analogs. I used them for 7 months and just recently moved up in hardware because they reached the end of their life and I had to constantly keep them on the charger. It sounds to me like you want to stay off analogs.

I bought a ego twist 650 mah battery and 2 mini ego 400 mah batteries which run at 3.7 volts and are regulated. I coupled them with LR cartomizers with great results. the two minis are what I use during the day and the twist is what I use at home due to size. I keep a small 10 ml bottle of juice in my pocket and top off the carts throughout the day. It's really no more work than taking out a pack of cigarettes and lighting one. I plan at some time in the future to get a vivi nova mini for the twist to play around with.

The minis with the cartomizers are about the size of a bic lighter and charge in about 1.5 hours. The two minis get me through the day. good luck and congratulations.

nujerzydevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2012
United States
First and foremost I'd like to thank everyone for the quick responses. It took so long to get back because I was doing in-depth research on each and every one of your suggestions.

Quite a few of you suggested the LavaTube but I've heard it's not all it's cracked up to be and is kinda deceptive with the volts. That being said, I'm torn between the next 2 setups.

Joye eGo-C Twist
SmokTech 18650 Gripper (rdbeads.. thanks for pointing me to this one.)

As far as carts go.. I'm sure I'll buy a handful a different ones just to test and see which is best for me. Might get a different cart for each different flavor is what i was thinking.

Vivi Nova Tank v2.5 (thanks to all that recommended, almost all of you) lol
eGo Vision Stardust (thanks Renzuli)

From what I've researched, as far as volts... the higher the volt, the warmer and harsher the drag. But also cleaner and better tasting? But I am still not quite sure about the ohmage?!? People are saying get this ohm cart or that ohm cart, but what is the difference?

From all that I have seen, I'm guessing I'm gonna be sticking with low resistance tanks, so what's the best ohm to get for that running at between 3.5 and 4.0 volts.

Also could someone steer me in the right direction as far as vendors go.

I hear GotVapes.com and DiscountVapers.com are the best. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I am really looking more for shipping stats. I'd prefer to receive my order within a few days after purchasing as oppose to waiting a week or more. Can someone posts any experiences with these 2 or any other vendors you have encountered.

Thanks again for all the responses. :D

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
I would recommend:

2 eGo twist batteries 650mah
1 eGo charger
1 pack boge cartos LR (2.0ohm)
1 pack boge cartos SR (2.8ohm)
1 pack smoktech duel coil
(Altsmoke.com is a nice one stop shop although this stuff can be had all over)

I'd get a second charger. What are we talking? $10?

Cheap insurance on the possibility you drop one of them in a puddle. Like one of my real life vape newbs did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread