New to vaping- I think I burnt my coil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody.
Pretty new to vaping and have just upgraded from the vaporesso sky solo plus to the reuleaux rx gen dual with a falcon king tip.
The first time using it I thought I was turning it on after inserting the batteries but I was actually burning a dry coil.
Was only a few seconds worth but I noticed a burning cotton smell.
Now after filling it with juice and letting it sit for a bit I'm getting a terrible burnt taste and it is absaloutly killing the back of my throat.
Wattage is only set to 70 also.
Help a noob out with where I'm going wrong haha

That burnt cotton taste will not go away. Replace your coil assembly and chalk it up to a learning experience. Be sure to update your profile with your location and choice of hardware.
Oh man, complete rookie move!
Thank you for that, luckily I have a spare coil.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
It's a good habit to prime your coil head before inserting it. Just dab a few drops of juice on the exposed cotton areas. Then install it and fill it and let it soak for five minutes before attempting to use it. That way you won't have any trapped air bubbles causing dry spots.

It's a good habit to prime your coil head before inserting it. Just dab a few drops of juice on the exposed cotton areas. Then install it and fill it and let it soak for five minutes before attempting to use it. That way you won't have any trapped air bubbles causing dry spots.
Was literally about to do that but in the process pressed the trigger.
Well, lesson learnt and will Definetly be more careful next time

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi everybody.
Pretty new to vaping and have just upgraded from the vaporesso sky solo plus to the reuleaux rx gen dual with a falcon king tip.
The first time using it I thought I was turning it on after inserting the batteries but I was actually burning a dry coil.
Now after filling it with juice and letting it sit for a bit I'm getting a terrible burnt taste and it is absaloutly killing the back of my throat.
Hi and welcome,
Remove tank before inserting or removing batteries.
When the device is ready, attach the primed, filled tank.
Set your power level below the suggested wattage for the coil.
Once it is working properly, you can increase wattage until you find the vape you like.
It may or may not be in the "suggested" range of the coil.

Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh man, complete rookie move!
Thank you for that, luckily I have a spare coil.

No Worries CellarDoor25. I'm sure we have ALL done something Similar at one point or another.

But it is also the Reason that if you are using an e-Cigarette to Quit Smoking, or to keep from Smoking, that you Have To Have Back-Ups.

And for some things, Back-Ups for you Back-Ups.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi everybody.

BTW - Welcome to the ECF.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome there are various priming methods I'm sure you will find the one that works best for you. I do find drawing on the coil (even with NO wattage) activates capillary action meaning juice is soaked up into the coil better than just letting it sit and loiter around. Then I start low like 3 watts, and increase it slowly by 5 watt increments. You will find the vape you like when you hit "too high" for you then you can dial it back.

I say this as most new tanks have two different sets of coils in them so your resistance may be different.

Good luck.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread