New to vaping - love everything about the Joye 510 except for the flavor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
Hey there,

I just got the Joye 510 today and tried it. I must say I'm really impressed with the overall experience. It's absolutely amazing how it feels to use one of these things! It's similar enough to actual smoking that I know I'll be able to give up real cigarettes with this thing.

What I didn't like was that the starter kit I got came with five Marlboro high cartridges which are way too strong for me and have an extremely sweet taste to them which I find revolting and can't seem to shake even hours later. :confused:

I've now ordered low strength cartridges in tobacco flavor in the hope that they won't be even a little bit sweet. Have any of you tried both of these cartridges, and can you tell me whether the low tobacco flavored ones will not be sweet? It will be about a week before they come in.

I realize you can't completely duplicate the taste of real cigarettes, but I'd like it to at least have a similar type of harsh dryness to it that I so adore in the real thing (in my case, Marlboro Ultra Lights 100s). There seem to be tons of e-juices out there, and I'm sure I'll be playing around with some of them, but most of them seem to be sweet, and have food flavors. I don't associate smoking with food in any way, and I hope to not associate vaping with food either.

Any advice for someone who isn't into sweets?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hey there,

I just got the Joye 510 today and tried it. I must say I'm really impressed with the overall experience. It's absolutely amazing how it feels to use one of these things! It's similar enough to actual smoking that I know I'll be able to give up real cigarettes with this thing.

What I didn't like was that the starter kit I got came with five Marlboro high cartridges which are way too strong for me and have an extremely sweet taste to them which I find revolting and can't seem to shake even hours later. :confused:

I've now ordered low strength cartridges in tobacco flavor in the hope that they won't be even a little bit sweet. Have any of you tried both of these cartridges, and can you tell me whether the low tobacco flavored ones will not be sweet? It will be about a week before they come in.

I realize you can't completely duplicate the taste of real cigarettes, but I'd like it to at least have a similar type of harsh dryness to it that I so adore in the real thing (in my case, Marlboro Ultra Lights 100s). There seem to be tons of e-juices out there, and I'm sure I'll be playing around with some of them, but most of them seem to be sweet, and have food flavors. I don't associate smoking with food in any way, and I hope to not associate vaping with food either.

Any advice for someone who isn't into sweets?

Decadent Vapours at TW - Habana Reserve (510 enhances the flavor), Absinthe (if you like the licorice flavor), Ylang Ylang, Doppio Expresso, all the 'roasted' flavors are not sweet and very strong. There's a sale going on until early June. I use the Plantinum Ice VG plus Aqueous Glycerine and get the flavorings - there's a kit - fairly big initial investment but you'll be vaping big and non sweet for a while ;-) But you might want to try those flavors first.

It is the very fact that at one point everything started tasting sweet that led me to DV when they still had a 'store front' on the net. Now exclusively at TW and TECC. Never went back to the sweet stuff. Even some of DV's fruits aren't that sweet - favorite is Black Currant but you really need an 901 or better, imo, an 801 for that one. Lotus Flower is surprisingly good and it grows on you. I'm also liking the Tequilla but the Cognac is just too strong alcohol but not sweet at all.

You might like Spicebacco from Nhaler as well. Janty RY4 isn't all that sweet but you'll have a hard time finding it and it can be a love/hate flavor too.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Puresmoker's "CashTab"... tastes kinda like an analog has almost a hint of cigar in there and it's nothing like the Marb cartridges

Nhaler's Octane "Plain Tobacco"... not nearly as sweet as marb, closer to an analog

My Freedom Smoke's "Dunhill"... Closest I've come to an analog yet

Tasty Vapor's "Tobacco" very good stuff and tastes like tobacco, doesn't really try to simulate a real cig though

If you're looking for harsh dryness I'd go with the either the Dunhill or the CashTab but the others are good as well.

I've been on a quest for a good tobacco flavor for 4 months and these are the best ones I've had so far

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
The prefilled carts that come with the kits should not be used to measure E juices as a whole. Some people do enjoy them, but many don't. They are just plain ole Dekang flavors which aren't bad but nothing special. Theres a ton out there, various flavors and sweetnesses. If you got your 510 kit from cignot they actually do a nice own brand called BASIC, much better flavors. There's many tobacco type flavors at almost all the vendors in the 'registered suppliers forum' (also a place called Halo which isnt in the reg suppliers forums atm but is a good company). Be advised they vary wildly and taste is very subjective so even if something is 'popular' it won't mean you like it yourself.
I order from all the ones listed under my banner, (they all do at least one tobacco flavor) as well as halo, myfreedomsmokes, and Ms Ts bakery.
I didnt think id like tobacco flavor ejuice but I actually do; don't cross any flavor off your list though as you might be surprised what you end up liking.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
Thank you so much to all of you who replied! I now have a large list of things to try and places to check out. :)

This kit came from a small local store that doesn't even specialize in these things, but just happens to have a couple of them on a shelf. I'll give the next set of cartridges he's ordering a try, and hopefully those will be better, but I'm thinking I'll be better off using some of the tried and true online sources and flavors you guys use.

This is just so downright exciting! Smoking has always been something to be ashamed of - something that makes you feel dirty and sort of "less than" in comparison with others. But vaping is something you can literally feel good about. It's simply amazing!

strkaholic

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Colorado
Thank you so much to all of you who replied! I now have a large list of things to try and places to check out. :)

This kit came from a small local store that doesn't even specialize in these things, but just happens to have a couple of them on a shelf. I'll give the next set of cartridges he's ordering a try, and hopefully those will be better, but I'm thinking I'll be better off using some of the tried and true online sources and flavors you guys use.

This is just so downright exciting! Smoking has always been something to be ashamed of - something that makes you feel dirty and sort of "less than" in comparison with others. But vaping is something you can literally feel good about. It's simply amazing!

So very true! It had gotten to the point with me where I would have to pick times at work to go out and smoke when no one would know I was going out and then different places around the building, etc., then come in and douse myself in febreeze. I really hated the whole experience but just knew that after trying everything out there to help me quit, I was stuck. The e-cig is a miracle, fun and a life saver all at once!! So glad you have found it.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
I know just what you mean. I also hate the fact that non-smokers who see you smoking feel as though you've somehow given them license to criticize you to their heart's content - either lecturing you or attempting to scare you with horror stories. With this new PV (learning the terminology ;)), I'll be educating them instead of the other way around!

The e-cig is a miracle, fun and a life saver all at once!! So glad you have found it.

Me too! I'm bursting at the seams to try it again! I called around and did some searches online to see if there are any other stores in my area that sell these things and the supplies for them, and so far no go. I can't wait to try out other flavors and report back that I found one I really like. Meanwhile I'll have to satisfy myself with watching tons of reviews. :D

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
im glad you like vaping,congrats on your new hobby! you might want to try dunhill.it is not sweet,and is kinda smelly like an ashtray.although some companies are different,but i do not like sweet tob flavor:evil:the beast welcomes you to ecf.

Heh, you're the second person to recommend Dunhill. I'll definitely be trying it. I notice they (My Freedom Smokes) have a lot of tobacco flavors! And although I know I said I don't associate smoking with food and don't want to associate vaping with food, I can't help but be totally curious about the roasted chicken flavor and the Italian seasonings flavor e-juices I saw on some of the sites I went to as a result of all the recommendations in this thread. I might not be able to resist trying those. :D

Thanks for the welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread