New to Vaping NeedInformation and Expereinces with/on Vaping and The Triton Tank System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting on my first vaping system ever which is the Triton Tank System. I purchased it late Friday evening. I think it should be here anywhere from tomorrow till Wednesday. I think that it is has a unique design that is very eye catching to a user of tobacco or vapor that hasn't seen it. I myself have never seen the system in person only in pictures online. That said when something catches eyes it sells product. It got me anyway and I am looking forward to receiving my Triton. I plan to drop the tobacco as soon as my system touches my hands. I have read very little complaints about Halo altogether and even less about the products. Judging from what I read I do believe that Halo is a great company and I have faith in them plus their products.

I think that I am not really interested in mods and on a kinda tight budget. I have no plan of modding in anyway, shape, or form and mods in my opinion are pointless. They can be dangerous from what I hear your they can damage system and have risk of exploding in use or storage. I would like to hear more about the danger of modding so I can warn people on other forum sites and people that I help switch to vaping. So that they do not harm themselves or their systems.

Although I am more worry about information on the Triton Tank System all together or experiences with vaping and the system. Information about first and second hand intake of the vapor or sites that have research on it if any at all. I am already a member of the CASAA which are is a fighting for the rights of vapors in the USA. If anyone is not a member I suggest you join. They will keep you updated on the laws and regulations of vaping product in your area.

I have already read the manual(got it in a pdf file off of Halo site). It really did not give me all the information I wanted about the system like cleaning, on the go storage, what kind of coils I should use with what kinds of E-juice etc. The list really just goes on and on.

I would also like to hear about how the vapor will fill when inhaled? Is the vapor safe to french inhale and all other types of inhaling? I really love playing with smoke so I expect the same with the vapor.

Information on where and how to store me E-juice is a big question of mine. I have 8 month old son who is growing and developing very fast.:(:( The main reason I am making the switch is so he does not pick up the nasty bad habit as he grows. I know I can't stop him from it but I can try to prevent it in anyway.

Other reasons are the expense and the continuously grow list of health issues linked to tobacco smoke. I am very much a newbie to vaping like I stated before the Triton will be my first vaping system ever and I am looking forward to hopefully filling healthier and being able to do thing with my son as he grows. My system will be here soon and the faster that you can get me the information requested the better.

Thanks to all of you that read all of this and tries to answer/help me in my quest for information

Last edited:

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Hey, happy. :)

So many questions and concerns, so few paragraphs. :blink:

There are many options out there, you made a wise choice with the Halo Triton. It allowed me to permanently quite instantly, but no need to get ahead of yourself. Switching can be a gradual process. There is no universally accepted flavor or method, and there is no way around trial and error.

EDIT: nevermind

Last edited:

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Welcome! This is quite the post, but I'll do my best to answer a few things. I'm sure more folks will pop in here tomorrow.

They can be dangerous from what I hear your they can damage system and have risk of exploding in use or storage. I would like to hear more about the danger of modding so I can warn people on other forum sites and people that I help switch to vaping. So that they do not harm themselves or their systems.

Mods are no more dangerous than something like a Triton, as long as you use them as intended in their off-the-shelf state, and understand what components can be used together. But I would recommend that as a new vaper you do stick to the Triton, because it's an incredible kit and extremely safe and easy to use. With that said, once you become more comfortable with vaping, I urge you to keep an open mind and do some reading and research on larger mods in general.

Information about first and second hand intake of the vapor or sites that have research on it if any at all.

I think the important thing to keep in mind when vaping is that most of the smart people on this forum would acknowledge that you're right, there have not been many long term studies on the effects on second-hand vapor, etc. but that it IS a no-brainer that the inhalation of the vapor is healthier (notice the "-er" at the end, I didn't say "healthy") than real tobacco cigarettes. We're comparing something with 3 ingredients in it to something with 600 ingredients.

It really did not give me all the information I wanted about the system like cleaning, on the go storage, what kind of coils I should use with what kinds of E-juice etc.

- to clean the Triton tank you simply unscrew the changeable atomizer head and toss it aside (they're disposable, don't even worry about cleaning them at first) and then run the tank itself under hot water. Then let air dry. It's a piece of cake.
- on the go storage can be in your pants pocket, in a bag, in an eyeglasses or camera case, or google "ego case"
- the tanks that will come in your Triton kit will have the 2.2-2.4 ohm coils pre-installed. And 99% of the time those coils will be just fine for anything you vape

I would also like to hear about how the vapor will fill when inhaled? Is the vapor safe to french inhale and all other types of inhaling? I really love playing with smoke so I expect the same with the vapor.

Yup, stuff like French inhaling and ghosting (when you inhale twice so no visible vapor comes out) is all possible with vaping.

Information on where and how to store me E-juice would also be help as for I have 8 month old son who is growing and developing very fast.:(:( The main reason I am making the switch is so he does not pick up the nasty bad habit as he grows. I know I can't stop him from it but I can try to prevent it in anyway

The best place to store any e-liquid, not just Halo, is somewhere that is cool and darker. E-liquid keeps for a long time, but heat or sunlight can both change the flavor from its original taste over time. You can even keep it in the refrigerator if you want.

Also, you'll be happy to know that all Halo bottles (both the small 7 ml and the large glass 30 ml bottles) have child-resistant caps.

I am sorry for the whole thing being in one paragraph I tend to not pay much to that while typing. I think it has to to with my ADD, insomnia, and getting really excited bout making the switch. I will go back and edit the post right after this post. Than maybe you could answer some of my questions.

I am just really new to this whole thing and in need of info and help. I would really like all of the help that you can provide me with. I kind of figure this would be a trial and error thing. I was also looking for and suggestion on a more feminine e-cig or tank system for the mother of my child. Any suggestions from you and your wife or lady friends?

Thanks

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I am sorry for the whole thing being in one paragraph I tend to not pay much to that while typing. I think it has to to with my ADD, insomnia, and getting really excited bout making the switch. I will go back and edit the post right after this post. Than maybe you could answer some of my questions.

I am just really new to this whole thing and in need of info and help. I would really like all of the help that you can provide me with. I kind of figure this would be a trial and error thing. I was also looking for and suggestion on a more feminine e-cig or tank system for the mother of my child. Any suggestions from you and your wife or lady friends?

Thanks

Halo's Triton and G6 (the smaller ones the size of a cigarette) batteries come in pink and purple. And the Triton comes in this really cool metallic rainbow color called Iridescence. You can also get the Triton Tank in purple.

I would first like to thank you for all the information you have provided me and to say that I am just really new to this. I find my self continuously digging for more information non-stop. I am very interested by this and am glad to joining this culture/lifestyle.

- to clean the Triton tank you simply unscrew the changeable atomizer head and toss it aside (they're disposable, don't even worry about cleaning them at first) and then run the tank itself under hot water. Then let air dry. It's a piece of cake.
- on the go storage can be in your pants pocket, in a bag, in an eyeglasses or camera case, or google "ego case"
- the tanks that will come in your Triton kit will have the 2.2-2.4 ohm coils pre-installed. And 99% of the time those coils will be just fine for anything you vape

So my new question about the on the go storage. Is the Halo case that comes with the kit to big to carry in pocket or a medium sized purse? I have got to think of carrying the system in it. If won't fit in there I could just make my wife carry it in her purse when we go out.

The best place to store any e-liquid, not just Halo, is somewhere that is cool and darker. E-liquid keeps for a long time, but heat or sunlight can both change the flavor from its original taste over time. You can even keep it in the refrigerator if you want.

Also, you'll be happy to know that all Halo bottles (both the small 7 ml and the large glass 30 ml bottles) have child-resistant caps

Could I just put it in the freezer instead. I have many friend that have kids anywhere with ages ranging 2-10 and I am scared to put it in the refrigerator. I think that the older one can get it open or steal/take it with out me know and get hurt with and it be my fault. Which than again I could just be over thinking it.

You also hit the nail on the so to speak about the child-proof lids. I am also very forgetful due to lack of sleep because I suffer from a mild case of Insomnia and ADD. I kind of read that sentence 3 or 4 times over.

Also what are some of your more commonly used sites and flavors of e-juice?

I am also looking for a more feminine e-cig or tank system for the mother of my child. If you or your lady friends have any suggestion for me I would love it. I am concerned for her and my sons health. She does not seem like she is interested in the Triton. I have showed her both types some like the blu and a few tank systems. She says she leaning towards a tank system but she is scared it is going to be to wide for her hands.

Thanks again,
machinestatic

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
So my new question about the on the go storage. Is the Halo case that comes with the kit to big to carry in pocket or a medium sized purse? I have got to think of carrying the system in it. If won't fit in there I could just make my wife carry it in her purse when we go out.

Could I just put it in the freezer instead. I have many friend that have kids anywhere with ages ranging 2-10 and I am scared to put it in the refrigerator. I think that the older one can get it open or steal/take it with out me know and get hurt with and it be my fault. Which than again I could just be over thinking it.

You also hit the nail on the so to speak about the child-proof lids. I am also very forgetful due to lack of sleep because I suffer from a mild case of Insomnia and ADD. I kind of read that sentence 3 or 4 times over.

Also what are some of your more commonly used sites and flavors of e-juice?

I am also looking for a more feminine e-cig or tank system for the mother of my child. If you or your lady friends have any suggestion for me I would love it. I am concerned for her and my sons health. She does not seem like she is interested in the Triton. I have showed her both types some like the blu and a few tank systems. She says she leaning towards a tank system but she is scared it is going to be to wide for her hands.

Thanks again,
machinestatic

The case is way too big for your pocket. It will fit in a purse, though it only holds 2 x 450 or 650mah with their 2 Tanks.

You might consider getting a 1300mah to carry around separately in your pocket. Or a third party case, or no carry case at all.

Ejuice should always be stored in a dark, room temperature location, out of reach of children and pets, never chilled.

Thank you very much for your input of these questions. I going to try to find case made for the Triton right now I do not want to take any risk in breaking it in anyway. If you know where I could find one online please let me know. I hope I am satisfied with the product and the way it acts. I look forward to learning more as I go along with this.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
a hard case for classes or insulin needles will work for your Triton.

Just an idea about safety and your juices. If it was just your infant you were worried about, then I would say normal baby proofing of say like a kitchen cabinet would be enough, but isnce you are also talking about older kids. A device like "Dr. Drew's Rx Locker" might be what you are looking for.

a hard case for classes or insulin needles will work for your Triton.

Just an idea about safety and your juices. If it was just your infant you were worried about, then I would say normal baby proofing of say like a kitchen cabinet would be enough, but isnce you are also talking about older kids. A device like "Dr. Drew's Rx Locker" might be what you are looking for.

Thank you for you suggestion I will look into it and item like I will soon purchase one of these items. I want to minimize the risk of harm others with my product. I know there will always be the risk but I want to keep the chances of anything to a point to where it will a very slight possibility. I have about some exposures to the e-juice itself and want to stop anything like what happened to others off of me. I would not able to sleep at night if someones kid dies from exposure and overdose because of me being to careless. The way I see it better safe than sorry.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I am waiting on my first vaping system ever which is the Triton Tank System.

I think that I am not really interested in mods and on a kinda tight budget. I have no plan of modding in anyway, shape, or form and mods in my opinion are pointless. They can be dangerous from what I hear your they can damage system and have risk of exploding in use or storage. I would like to hear more about the danger of modding so I can warn people on other forum sites and people that I help switch to vaping. So that they do not harm themselves or their systems.

First off, welcome. You made a wise choice. The Triton has served me well these past 7 months without one cig! It is easy, good looking, and it flat out performs! Day after day!

But about the mods. The phrase "mod" has come to mean everything other than a standard carto or clearomizer (like the triton). To group them all into one category is a bit much.

We have several list members here who started with the G6 or Triton, and now are building coils and exploring the world of vaping. Yes, sub-ohm and dripping is not for everyone, but there is nothing wrong with making your own coils, especially to your specs for a more enjoyable vape. We like to walk before we fly. And some of us might not fly, but we support those who do, as the goal is to get off and stay off smoking!!

There is an inherent danger in rechargeable batteries. If you do foolish things, the danger escalates. Same with a gallon of gasoline, a motorcycle, a propane grill, etc. Millions use these devices safely, day after day. (And a few mis-use them, and pay for it)

This forum is probably the largest and best information available on the world of vaping. Let's say I wanted info about an "Acme Tank". There are probably several threads with members who have USED these devices and can guide me with the merits and pitfalls.

(And in my humble opinion, friend, it sounds a bit like you are ready to preach to the congregation, and you haven't even attended a service yet:). I think I can get your enthusiasm. But let's get a few tanks of vaping down first.

Information on where and how to store me E-juice is a big question of mine. I have 8 month old son who is growing and developing very fast.:(:( The main reason I am making the switch is so he does not pick up the nasty bad habit as he grows. I know I can't stop him from it but I can try to prevent it in anyway.
On the 30ml bottles of eliquid from Halo, it does state "Keep locked up". If a user has children or pets, it is only common sense. Get a strongbox with a lock, a liquor cabinet with a lock. Just putting it "out of reach" is not enough, imho. For your peace of mind, and the safety of your children (and any visiting children), do they deserve less?

And please, with children around, get into the habit of "Five clicking" the triton Off when you set it down.

And welcome to the forum, welcome to vaping, welcome to Halo!!!

And I'm wishing you all success as soon as you touch the Triton!!!

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey happydaddy here is the picture I promised you sorry I couldn't post a picture in PM from my phone.

my9e2yhy.jpg

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome Happy! You will be very pleased w/halo and don't worry about the questions. We all had them when we first started! I think all of your questions were answered already, but if you have more, throw them out there.

And Evie...love your little stickers on the cartos...so cute!

Thanks, I use a labeler. Black w/white letters for cartos and Clear w/white letter for the tanks. I tried the Clear w/black letters but you couldn't read it as well as the white letters especially when you have a darker juice. Big advantage: I don't have to remember what I put in the tank or lose my list or not have it handy, also it stays on when I clean the tanks. :)

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Thanks, I use a labeler. Black w/white letters for cartos and Clear w/white letter for the tanks. I tried the Clear w/black letters but you couldn't read it as well as the white letters especially when you have a darker juice. Big advantage: I don't have to remember what I put in the tank or lose my list or not have it handy, also it stays on when I clean the tanks. :)

That's resourcefulness.

And all 'dat color coordination. You make an OCD guy happy. :)

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am waiting on my first vaping system ever which is the Triton Tank System. I purchased it late Friday evening. I think it should be here anywhere from tomorrow till Wednesday. I think that it is has a unique design that is very eye catching to a user of tobacco or vapor that hasn't seen it. I myself have never seen the system in person only in pictures online. That said when something catches eyes it sells product. It got me anyway and I am looking forward to receiving my Triton. I plan to drop the tobacco as soon as my system touches my hands. I have read very little complaints about Halo altogether and even less about the products. Judging from what I read I do believe that Halo is a great company and I have faith in them plus their products.

Congratulations on your new Triton!! :) If it wan't for Halo's G6, the Triton and this great Halo supportive community I would still be smoking. My join date is in 2011 and I quit smoking back then and then I lost power for two weeks after the tornados and couldn't charge my batteries any longer and I started back smoking. I've tried time and again to vape but I couldn't stand the taste until this last December and in January I was a complete vaper again. When you begin vaping and know this is something that is going to be for you then I suggest getting backups for your backups. Vaping is a journey. Your starting off on the right foot having solid hardware and a supportive community that someone is usually around 24/7 to help you. We've all been where you are and no question is too dumb just ask. Chances are more than one of us has been through the same thing. Next part in your journey will be juice flavors. That will be the most consuming part of your journey along with your healing senses and tastebuds. As your tastebuds heal so will your taste for certain flavors. Just remember don't throw away a juice because you hate it to start with because in 3 months it may very well become your favorite. :)

Nobody should be modding until they research it and know what they are doing or are getting into. Also you should have someone help you if you ever do turn to mods in the future. As long as your responsible and sensable any form of vaping that helps you quit the over 4000 chemicals in a cigarette is okay in my book. What works for one person may not work for someone else.

Although I am more worry about information on the Triton Tank System all together or experiences with vaping and the system. Information about first and second hand intake of the vapor or sites that have research on it if any at all. I am already a member of the CASAA which are is a fighting for the rights of vapors in the USA. If anyone is not a member I suggest you join. They will keep you updated on the laws and regulations of vaping product in your area.

I am also a member of CASAA. And reading the ECF forum and stickies at the top of most forum will help educate you on vaping. There is a treasure of information here if anyone chooses to read it. :)

I have already read the manual(got it in a pdf file off of Halo site). It really did not give me all the information I wanted about the system like cleaning, on the go storage, what kind of coils I should use with what kinds of E-juice etc. The list really just goes on and on.

The coils most of us use is the 2.2-2.4 ohm and that is what comes standard in your kit. I would suggest before filling a tank to be sure the coil is hand tight and that the plastic condom on the coil is fully pressed down. Even each time you refill, I would make sure the coil is still tight. As far as cleaning there are several threads here and several methods we all use. I'll try to put links to some good threads for you to read later. FYI- the higher ohm number the cooler the vape will be and less battery drainage, also the lower number ohm will vape warmer and use more battery power. Belgian Cocoa is better with a cooler ohm. :)

You can blow vaper like when you smoked but when you inhale you need to take slower steady draws and remember to put it down between vapes. It's okay this isn't a cigarette, get a few puffs and sit it down. If you try to draw on it like a cigarette for 10 minutes the juice won't be allowed to wick that fast and you'll get a dry burned taste. So slow down and enjoy the flavor. :)

Store your juice in a cool dark place. Sunlight will breakdown the nicotine in juice. Congratulations on being a better father than I was a mother, my sons are 18 & 19 and I smoked all those years. This is a nasty habit to break and remember vaping is a journey. Each less cigarette is a victory. We will be here for you if you need us. :)

Other reasons are the expense and the continuously grow list of health issues linked to tobacco smoke. I am very much a newbie to vaping like I stated before the Triton will be my first vaping system ever and I am looking forward to hopefully filling healthier and being able to do thing with my son as he grows. My system will be here soon and the faster that you can get me the information requested the better.

Read, Read and Read more. Educate yourself, find YOUR own way, and remember everything here is someone's opinion, it isn't the law. What works for one may not work for you. Like I said before I'll post some good links for you to read. Just ignore where me and my fellow Halons get off topic, we usually get back on topic and it is fun. Other sub-forums don't usually allow you to get off topic so just be warned, we are unique here at Halo. :)

Thanks to all of you that read all of this and tries to answer/help me in my quest for information

Your welcome and I hope your wife decides which system she would like. Like I told you in PM. I used the G6 the most and as you can see in the picture I posted the Triton with the cone and carto is actually shorter that the G6 with the drip tips. Good luck on yours and your wifes journeys. It will cost more than cigarettes in the beginning but it will taper off when you find your footing for your journey into vaping. :)

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's resourcefulness.

And all 'dat color coordination. You make an OCD guy happy. :)

LMAO well thank you Greenleaf. :) I also hate to admit that I also vamp Cherry Swirl on a red battery, Grape on a purple, Voodoo had to be on a purple battery, my menthols taste better on blue batteries, Custard on yellow battery, etc. :blush: I can be OCD too. *Your* not the only one. :p

*You're* :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread