New to vaping, still searching for a perfect device

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoel

Mar 19, 2018
What a cool website! It automatically sets your tags!

I’m fairly new to vaping. I like it very much and have come to vastly prefer it over cigarettes, which I haven’t smoked in a month or so.

I don’t like the inconvenience of the heavy duty vaporizers. Changing coils, less portability, too cult-like. I just want a cigarette minus the toxins, basically.

I started out vaping the disposable ecigs. Then switched to a rechargeable. The Vuse Vibe is my favorite among those supermarket devices. I then got a Von Earl mod, with which I was quite satisfied, except the cartridges were a bit leaky and tended towards spitback. The variety of flavors was excellent. Alas, they got bought out by Blu, and their products are no longer available.

I then came across my current device, the KandyPen Rubi. It works well with nic salts, which I’ve come to favor for their gentle throat hit and volume of vapor. And it uses refillable cartridges, so you’re not tied to one brand for liquids. The battery is also guaranteed for life. But the battery life is very very short, about the same time it takes to charge the battery. When I’m being a couch potato, I’m a pretty heavy vaper, so I spend a lot of time recharging! (And the cartridges are extremely difficult to remove. I have no fingernail left on my right thumb!)

So I need some suggestions. These are my wannas for my next device:
Sleek design, with a battery indicator light
Air activated. I don’t want to have to press buttons
Refillable cartridges
Works well for nic salts
Cartridges easily refillable, as little mess as possible
A battery life of more than an hour and ten minutes!

Perhaps a mod incorporating all the items on my wish list doesn’t exist yet. If you’re an ecig designer, please keep my wish list in mind. But if there is a mod out there that comes close, please let me know what it is!

Reactions: stols001

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Welcome to the forum. Nic salts can be used in any device. Air activated switches are notoriously unreliable, a button becomes second nature in short order. Everyone wants an air switch at first but move to a button eventually without much trouble. Enjoy the forum.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
What a cool website! It automatically sets your tags!

I’m fairly new to vaping. I like it very much and have come to vastly prefer it over cigarettes, which I haven’t smoked in a month or so.

I don’t like the inconvenience of the heavy duty vaporizers. Changing coils, less portability, too cult-like. I just want a cigarette minus the toxins, basically.

I started out vaping the disposable ecigs. Then switched to a rechargeable. The Vuse Vibe is my favorite among those supermarket devices. I then got a Von Earl mod, with which I was quite satisfied, except the cartridges were a bit leaky and tended towards spitback. The variety of flavors was excellent. Alas, they got bought out by Blu, and their products are no longer available.

I then came across my current device, the KandyPen Rubi. It works well with nic salts, which I’ve come to favor for their gentle throat hit and volume of vapor. And it uses refillable cartridges, so you’re not tied to one brand for liquids. The battery is also guaranteed for life. But the battery life is very very short, about the same time it takes to charge the battery. When I’m being a couch potato, I’m a pretty heavy vaper, so I spend a lot of time recharging! (And the cartridges are extremely difficult to remove. I have no fingernail left on my right thumb!)

So I need some suggestions. These are my wannas for my next device:
Sleek design, with a battery indicator light
Air activated. I don’t want to have to press buttons
Refillable cartridges
Works well for nic salts
Cartridges easily refillable, as little mess as possible
A battery life of more than an hour and ten minutes!

Perhaps a mod incorporating all the items on my wish list doesn’t exist yet. If you’re an ecig designer, please keep my wish list in mind. But if there is a mod out there that comes close, please let me know what it is!

Hi and welcome!

I'm not a pod vaper, but we have a whole section devoted to those type of devices.
Vape Pod Systems

best of luck
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. Some of the things on your list don't really tend to co-exist together, although I'd agree that the pod mod section is your best bet for checking out devices. The "air activated" mods tend to be pretty small as they are designed to be able to be vaped for the most part hands free, so that's usually going to be a shorter battery life. I guess if you find a pod air activated cigalike device that you enjoy, you could buy multiples and use a charging schedule. That can get a bit cumbersome though.

You don't need a pod mod to use nic salts, you can use them in any device, provided the nic salt level is "compatible" with your device. You can use nic salts in a tank, but the more powerfully it delivers vape, the lower your nic salts are going to need to be to avoid nicotine overload. This is not a reason not to use one, it merely means that you will need to figure out the right nic salt level as you vape.

I'm not a pod mod person, so I can't give any specific recommendations, but if you are willing to hold down a fire button your options will increase exponentially, even with pod mods.

I might widen my search to smaller type starter kits, but with a tank, adjustable wattage, and coils. It's less expensive than continually buying (and refilling) pods, and after some initial start up learning, you may find them more versatile and easier to use. But that's just me. It's equally possible that you might find a pod that you enjoy.

Best of luck, and welcome to ECF! :)

Anna

JustJoel

Mar 19, 2018
Thanks for all your replies! This forum is more active than the cooking and baking forums I belong too! Maybe people vape more than they cook?

I’m looking at the Kimsun Smart 4R Kit. It seems to be nicely designed, has a refillable tank and a pretty powerful battery. It is button activated (I think), but I can live with that. What I don’t know is if the tank contains the coil and wick, and if it does, how often do I need to replace it? And if that’s not the case, do I need to buy and replace the coils myself?

If any of you use or have used this device, please give me your opinion of it!

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Im gonna catch a lot of crap for this but i never minded before, but....my one go to device is the smok tpriv. I get all day usage out of the batteries, with a spare set on the charger. It is a bit boxy but nothin i cant handle. Its been a real workhorse for me. To get the most out of it, i like the tfv8 cloud beast and the tfv12 king. Changing out the coils every 2 weeks isnt that much of a chore and with the different coil configurations availabe, there is plenty of room to experiment with to find what works for you. As far as nic salts with this type of device is concerned, you will need to limit nicotine to 6mg per ml or less so if you were to make your own juices, its doable. I would research everything i could find though before i made any choices. You may not even like a sub ohm device. For me, it was like the holy grail to go from 1.7ohms to .17ohms. The main thing is to find what works best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread