New to Vaping, tank gets hot and im concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoZoX390

Apr 26, 2017
Hi i just got into vaping recently and i watched a lot of different reviews on you tube and researched and im a complete newbie with this stuff and im trying to get the hang of it, i ordered the itaste Kroma starter kit with the slipstream tank, when i assembled it i made sure to let the e liquid soak in the tank like i heard then started to try it and after 4 to 5 hits the tanks starts to get very hot and im kinda concerned and im a newbie in this topic so i dont really know what to expect or what everything is i tried turning the wattage down but didn't seem to be the problem so if you can please help me ill be very appreciative :)

Also when i first tried to put the eliquid in the tank i put it through the main mouthhole by mistake so i tried to get it our by blowing and shaking im not sure if thats a factor with the problem im having

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi i just got into vaping recently and i watched a lot of different reviews on you tube and researched and im a complete newbie with this stuff and im trying to get the hang of it, i ordered the itaste Kroma starter kit with the slipstream tank, when i assembled it i made sure to let the e liquid soak in the tank like i heard then started to try it and after 4 to 5 hits the tanks starts to get very hot and im kinda concerned and im a newbie in this topic so i dont really know what to expect or what everything is i tried turning the wattage down but didn't seem to be the problem so if you can please help me ill be very appreciative :)

Also when i first tried to put the eliquid in the tank i put it through the main mouthhole by mistake so i tried to get it our by blowing and shaking im not sure if thats a factor with the problem im having
According to the descriptions on website you should have received the coils with your kit

• (1) Slipstream Kanthal BVC 0.8ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage
  • (1) Slipstream SS316L 0.5ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage or SS316L TC Mode
Which one are using using and what is the watts you have set?

:)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
i dont really know what to expect or what everything is i tried turning the wattage down but didn't seem to be the problem so if you can please help me ill be very appreciativ
Welcome and glad you joined. Below is some basic vape information which can help.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping | Spinfuel VAPE
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

ZoZoX390

Apr 26, 2017
well i was using the Slipstream Kanthal BVC 0.8ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage
  • but i changed it to the stainless steel one thinking maybe that would help so atm im using the ss one with about30 watts
but no matter what i turn it too it gets hot more lik very warm and also im using a stainless steel drip tip and that got hot once and almost burned me

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
im not really sure what you mean im sorry im really a newbi with this but it says 30 watts or whatever and theresa temp control mode not sure if i have to use each one for each coil no clue how it works
Look in the manual at all the different 'types' of modes. You should see one for each type, ie. Wattage, Ni, Ti, etc. Follow instructions to get to that menu screen and change it to wattage.

ZoZoX390

Apr 26, 2017
Look in the manual at all the different 'types' of modes. You should see one for each type, ie. Wattage, Ni, Ti, etc. Follow instructions to get to that menu screen and change it to wattage.
oh sweet i see so yea im using wattage theres also ss ni ti but they show Fahrenheit instead of wattage am i suppose to use a certain mode depending on which coil im using? because im using the ss coil with wattage mode

ZoZoX390

Apr 26, 2017
The tank getting hot is normal and just over 100°F will feel "Hot" to your hand but if you check the temperature you will be surprised it really isn't that hot. Like @Bunnykiller stated the temperatures above I have never been over 107°F chain vaping and I might get concerned if I hit 130°F.
i put on temp mode and i see that my vape reaches 135 Fahrenheit when i vape it oh .... so 100 is normal but 130 i sould be concerned?

ZoZoX390

Apr 26, 2017
when i put on stainless steel mode {ss} it show 450 farenhiet and when i vape it reaches like 400 the other guy on this thread said he gets concernedwhen he hits 130 f should i be worried now ....

ZoZoX390

Apr 26, 2017
No that is the temperature the coil is reaching not the external temperature of the tank itself. I set my TC anywhere from 360° to 500°F depending on the tank and coils. External temperature of the tank is from heating the metals and e-Liquids in the tanks.
yeah it shows im reaching 400 f when im on ss mode so thats normal then? thats the coil your talking about the actual mod warming up battery and all temp thats dangerous
right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread