New to vaping, wondering if someone could help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper26

Jun 6, 2019
Hello, I am new to vaping as of a week ago. I'm using the Endura t22 and I'm really enjoying it. However tonight and last night I have had issues with my tank leaking onto the top of my mod. Now I know this could seem very stupid but it I need to know if this is going to be a problem as it has leaked onto the top part of the mod where the battery connects to the tank and I don't know what sort of damage this will cause. Do I need to be cautious with this? Should I look at scrapping my vape? If anyone can help me with any information on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
When ejuice leaks on a mod, it can seep down into the mod. This does not typically cause immediate damage, but over time it causes the internals to overheat and fail. Finding the reason for the leak and fixing that is a good idea.

I would check all of the o-rings and seals on your tank and make sure they are all in place and damage free. If they are damaged, replace them with the spares they include with the tank.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
You should be fine. The socket where the tank screws into the top of the tank is fairly leak proof. There's a pin surrounded by a flexible gasket which should keep the juice from getting further inside the mod. Clean it out with some paper towel.

It can become a problem if you have a major leak and it gets inside where the electronics and battery are. That's more likely to happen if juice runs down the sides of the mod and finds its way in around the button or the screen and so forth. Even then it won't always cause problems.

If it works don't worry. Even if something does go wrong most likely it will just stop working. It's not going to blow up.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello, I am new to vaping as of a week ago. I'm using the Endura t22 and I'm really enjoying it. However tonight and last night I have had issues with my tank leaking onto the top of my mod. Now I know this could seem very stupid but it I need to know if this is going to be a problem as it has leaked onto the top part of the mod where the battery connects to the tank and I don't know what sort of damage this will cause. Do I need to be cautious with this? Should I look at scrapping my vape? If anyone can help me with any information on this it would be greatly appreciated!
Hi and welcome,
Often with bottom air flow tanks, the little bit of vape that is left in the unit after each draw (condensation) will collect and "leak" from the 510 or from the air intake holes.
You may also notice a bit of gurgling at the start of your draw.
To help avoid this very common occurrence, just extend your draw for a second or so after you release the power button. You will "clear the pipes" so to speak and the amount and frequency of the condensation should be decreased.

Use a vaper towel or an ear bud/cotton swab/q-tip to clean up the few drops that collect on the top of the battery and the threaded 510 connection.

If you are experiencing an actual flood of liquid, we would need to examine the tank/coil for problems.

HTH
I

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I need to know if this is going to be a problem as it has leaked onto the top part of the mod where the battery connects to the tank and I don't know what sort of damage this will cause.
Happens all the time to everybody. Just clean the area as soon as possible with a cotton swab and continue as normal.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019

Well, easy, dont over think it, is pretty normal, but the cautions may be:
1st: take batteries out prior clean and be sure to power off device if internal battery, then Clean all first, take tank out, clean, with tissue or cloth, then look for internal signs of spillage, try to clean 510T connector, if possible, look in youtube how to take mod apart and if you have the skill, give it a deep clean! use contact cleaner if available! then assemble it back as dry as possible and call it done!
tnak: check for bent orings, try to clean it out and detect the leakage point, if possible use the extra orings tank should come with, and put an eye on it on regular use, some bottom airflow tanks tend to accumulate liquid there due condensation, is normal, just be sure to be cleaning it,

Regards

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
My mods have been doused a few times in liquid, it's just one of those things.

Wipe down with a tissue, paper towel, cotton buds, cotton or cloth.

For a bit more intensive, a wipe down with cloth damped with soapy water (make sure that it's wrung out well). Or you can even Isopropyl Alcohol mixed with Distilled Water. Don't use Isopropyl Alcohol neat though, it has a nasty tendency to disolve plastics.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread