New to Zenith tank/coils, burning throat hit on new coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Hi, everyone!

I got the Zenith tank, I like it, but having a hard time. With 1,6 ohm coil, they seem to last very little, then I start to get a burning sensation in throat after inhaling... I changed my juice from 70 PG/30 VG to 50/50 but issue seems to remain. I tried the recommended 10w - 13w or so, and my usual 7W...

I did also prime the coils.

It lasts very little, like 1h of usage, then the hits are very harsh :( I dont have such issues with my Nautlius BVC1.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Wattage settings seem appropriate for the Zenith and the coils you're using.

Pg can contribute to throat hit, so the 70pg/30vg results doesn't surprise me as being harsh to some folks. You might try upping the Vg to a 70 - 80 vg/30 - 20 pg ratio to see if that helps with the harshness. You might also try a lower nic concentration, as it is the largest contributor to throat hit.

Are you sure the harshness is from excessive throat hit, or maybe you are just experiencing dry hits due to slow or inadequate wicking or chain vaping? You may find that you need to do occassional "primer puffs" to keep the wick wet and not dry out. Primer puffs are when you take draws without pressing your fire button.

Try doing a gentler, slower draw technique when vaping. This might give the wick a better chance absorb the liquid and help keep it from getting dry.

Last edited:

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Thanks for replies, friends.

Update: Ive been trying to nail the problem...

Funny thing this never happened with my old Nautilus BVC, same juices, etc...

Today it happened on my iStick S. I had already changed my 70 PG / 30 VG juice (with 6 mg nic), after issue, to 50 % VG / 50% PG and issue happened again.

I have 2 Innokin tanks, brand new. What happened on my tank with istick pico S is a burning sensation on my throat! I dont think its burned coils, no bad taste, nothing, just really, after I start taking a hit, of course, I feel it even more in the DTL hit, a really harsh burning on my throat.

The coil wasnt much used. 1.6 ohm and primed.

So I tried with 0 nic juice, same coil, on other tank. Same burning sensation.

Then I tried same juice I was originally vaping on other tank and other ecig (a normal Pico), same thing.

So it's the coil... Just strange this happened several times.

Ill keep an eye open. One thing I noticed, but wasnt so in this case, is sometimes I might have not closed the tank 100%, it was closed, the lid up top, but it could be mnore tightned, etc. and also attachment to base. So Im keeping an eye open.

Ill try to stick to more VG, like 50 VG, 50 PG or so also.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread