New 'Tobacco Extract' concentrate from PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
yep, got a small bottle a few weeks ago. Just got my HUGE one in today. Absolutely in love with this stuff. The "hay" or "grass" flavor from TA always annoyed me. Even extremely diluted down, i can always taste it, but needed to find another option. The extract is that option. No hay flavor, deffinately puts a nice cig type hit to all my tobacco flavor mixes. I'm using it rather strong though.

1 drop of PA tobacco extract to 12 ml of juice. 8% DK tab flavoring and 36 mg nic. Very very happy with this combo for my tobbaco recipes.

Oh, and no ring around your bottles like TA does 8)

My PA order just came now, completing my tobacco shopping spree. All I ever had before was the TA Blend with loads of EM, but I have now the regular 50% alcohol TA, which smells like a weak rustica absolute (good pipe tobacco).

I don't know how you guys say this new extract is less like hay. I guess I will have to dilute it and vape it, but I would say other absolutes don't smell like hay at all, but this one does. I'm not exactly a farm boy but this new extract definitely has a farm smell to it. It is definitely not like the other TA, whatever you want to call that smell, just don't agree with the hay/grass thing because it is totally the opposite to me.

I also got this stuff and don't know what to make of it, besides that the description there is accurate: "sweet acorn nut skin tobacco spicy".

Be prepared to throw away whatever you use to work with this new extract. It's more like a "concrete" than an absolute... lots of chunks in this. 8ml with alcohol in a 1.5oz bottle and I have a grape-sized "tarball" rolling around in there.

I guess it has been a while since I smelled hay, but this is so like hay that it overwhelms the everclear. I don't really get hay from original TA... that is raw tobacco. If someone had me smell this for the first time, I wouldn't believe it is tobacco at all. If you have fond memories of growing up on a farm, this will definitely bring you back to something, hay or whatever it is.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
It's not the smell of pure TA that I didn't like, it was the taste. It taste's like Hay, or grass, thats why it bothers me. Diluted down to the point it is tasteless, and you loose the kick you were adding it for.

I've got TA for 3 different places, all add that hay taste and the ring around all bottles you use it in. Thats how I have learned to recognize TA in a brand juice: the ring in the bottle.

You don't taste tobacco/hay/grass, you smell it. I don't think you guys know what hay smells like, but I will leave that up to the hay experts lol.. Whatever it is, yes, it is different than PA's original TA. It sort of smells like a mix of wet ashtray (20%) and freshly opened pack of cigs 80%. Original TA is much more like the rustica absolute (kind of pipe tobacco) but pales in comparison. The bad thing is that rustica costs 3x as much.

picture1xf.jpg

I'll agree that it doesn't seem as bad once added to eliquid with "the ring" or slimy coating with TA. As you can see with my picture, there is a whole lot of sediment in this stuff though. I'm going to let the alcohol keep working then eventually filter it I guess.

Heh, that's why I was warning people to be prepared to throw away anything it touches. Every absolute I have worked with I used a good plastic pipette with a pipette pump. It wasn't even necessary for me to, but I figured it would just clean up fine with alcohol. They are cheap anyhow. 1 drop per ml of the extract diluted to 28% in alcohol is seeming to be an okay vape, but I am going to need to test more.

dripdaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2011
Lone Star State
Be prepared to throw away whatever you use to work with this new extract. It's more like a "concrete" than an absolute... lots of chunks in this. 8ml with alcohol in a 1.5oz bottle and I have a grape-sized "tarball" rolling around in there.

From PA's site.

This is a variation of Tobacco Absolute. It is an alcohol extraction process that uses a different method than the standard Tobacco Absolute. It is thick and viscous, but not quite as thick as the original, but has more of a "cigarette" type flavor and less of the "grass" note.
it is used in combination, to enhance tobacco flavors

Note: do not try to use alcohol to dilute this. it does dilute well with water, then will mix with your blends

Might explain why you have "chunky tarball syndrome"

Hmm.. I don't think that was there before and I just checked it in the past couple days...

Kinda off topic but they have new flavors and it says as of 4/12, but I thought I had been on that particular page since then too. Maybe a cache issue or I am just blind =(

Belgian Waffle - Pie Crust - Popcorn - Passion Fruit - Pomegranate - Hpno - Yam

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
From PA's site.

This is a variation of Tobacco Absolute. It is an alcohol extraction process that uses a different method than the standard Tobacco Absolute. It is thick and viscous, but not quite as thick as the original, but has more of a "cigarette" type flavor and less of the "grass" note.
it is used in combination, to enhance tobacco flavors

Note: do not try to use alcohol to dilute this. it does dilute well with water, then will mix with your blends

wondering if it can be diluted with PG against water to make a flavor concentrate that have a decent shell life.

What about the PA Tobacco Flavor? Where do you get the DK Tab flavor Stownz? Thanks for your help.....

I'm guessing he means the first flavor here. She separates tobacco flavors from natural extracts, then the molecules are on a whole other section.

wondering if it can be diluted with PG against water to make a flavor concentrate that have a decent shell life.

I'll test this for you now that I messed mine up. I was thinking that it was actually sort of a good thing to get rid of all the chunky plant material.

toto1013

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
SE Kansas
Thank you Stownz...Guess I will have to ck again, just didn't see it. After almost 4 months I still do not care for anything except the tobacco flavors, but can not find the one that just really hits the spot. Also, have a problem yet of tasting/smelling much of anything....Thought if I would DIY, I could make them strong enough if I can find a tobacco flavor that is hard and heavy. LOL, what a description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread