• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New too, not wrecked (yet) but definitely bonkers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmacva

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Hi everyone! I don't know how I missed this group!

I'm not yet wrecked. I just had a full physical and now scheduling the over 50 procedures to make sure I'm not wrecked...mammo, bone density scan, colonoscopy (put off too long...lol), etc.

I've had clinical depression most of my adult life. I am intolerant to every single antidepressant I've ever taken. with the exception of Wellbutrin. I recently started it again but my insurance company will only pay for generic. Now I'm reacting to this particular one and I feel worse than ever. I've definitely gone downhill since starting it. I'm going to give it a bit longer and then chuck that to the reject pile along with the rest of them. I'm still waiting on results of thyroid studies to see if that could be a cause.

I also have social anxiety which has also worsened.

I'm a registered nurse and I work for a Medicaid HMO. I love my job, well, I did until recently....LOL. I still love my husband. :D

I look forward to chatting with all of you. So many things in common. :)

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Hi bmacva!
Welcome. You have alot of company here! Physically I'm not wrecked except for RA in my hands, fingers and wrists, but that's just a little annoying. Still have to keep moving.
As far as anti-depressants, I have a suggestion..go find a kitty that needs a home, that will surely help....maybe you already have one or more, seems to me that people who are a little on the SADD side are also cat people, have you noticed that? We have a little schitzu also a "rescue", abused and starved, and all our cats found their way to us were mostly nearly dead from starvation or abuse, or both. Our little Gracie was found along the road two summers ago, just a toddling baby, she has a spinal deformity so her back legs don't work so well (she walks like an Igor) and got left behind, but she's able to catch her share and then some of mice, bugs, etc., and thinks I'm her Mommy. She was just some tiny bones, and fluffy hair. The vet didn't even want to infuse her cause she was afraid she couldn't take the stress on her body, can you imagine. Our 9 yr old "Pepi" just died the 9th of April from feline FIV. He was King Boss over us all. But we still have 4 cats and a dog, a wait for the next stray to find us!!
I think it was a fine idea to get this group together to Commiserate(sp?)
ANY WAY, have been cigarette free for 74 days and 12 hours! vaping has really changed so many things for me, hope you can get the same great benefits!
My daughter got her RN cert a year ago December, she turned 40 last Dec.
She loves her job, too, but was just criticised for spending too much time talking to patients! It's about the money, I guess. She is ADD, as am I, and is really touchy about looking for details in people's preliminary medical complaints. Took her over 10 years just to get diagnosed, so I am totally sympathetic to your issues with drugs. Some of them are just downright nasty and do more harm than good I think. I'd rather go hold a cat!

bmacva

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
go find a kitty that needs a home, that will surely help....maybe you already have one or more, seems to me that people who are a little on the SADD side are also cat people,

Hi Kate, oh yes, I'm definitely a cat person. :) Those are my 2 babies in my avatar pic. We also have a 3 year old golden retriever. I'd have 10 cats if I could, but I'd be single...LOL :D

That's great about your daughter! It's a shame that she had to be criticized for spending time with patients, but yes, that's healthcare politics for you. Hopefully she'll find a good balance. :)

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Hi Kate, oh yes, I'm definitely a cat person. :) Those are my 2 babies in my avatar pic. We also have a 3 year old golden retriever. I'd have 10 cats if I could, but I'd be single...LOL :D

That's great about your daughter! It's a shame that she had to be criticized for spending time with patients, but yes, that's healthcare politics for you. Hopefully she'll find a good balance. :)
See, I knew that! Sorry, I guess I missed your avitar....looks like they're scoping out moving targets..are they outside or inside, or both (mine are Both, only because the food and our bed is inside!) One cannot go out, she panics in big open spaces due to headinjury, deafness, has seizures. But the others drive us crazy in and out. My husband is a gullible as I am for a sick kitty. Has gotten soft in his old age (67). About cats, anyway, little else!
My daughter gets very frustrated, she said it is different from what she would call "nursing", but does love her job. Some talk about cutbacks, but ok so far.
Hope you post often, have a bad day > let 'er rip!

bmacva

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
See, I knew that! Sorry, I guess I missed your avitar....looks like they're scoping out moving targets..are they outside or inside, or both (mine are Both, only because the food and our bed is inside!) One cannot go out, she panics in big open spaces due to headinjury, deafness, has seizures. But the others drive us crazy in and out. My husband is a gullible as I am for a sick kitty. Has gotten soft in his old age (67). About cats, anyway, little else!
My daughter gets very frustrated, she said it is different from what she would call "nursing", but does love her job. Some talk about cutbacks, but ok so far.
Hope you post often, have a bad day > let 'er rip!

I have no children so my cats are my children :) I've had cats all my life. My 2 are "backyard" cats only and that's only when I'm out with them. We have a privacy fence but I don't trust even the fence. :)

Tell your daughter to forget all of the ideals she learned in nursing school. That's a utopian world. LOL. I lasted only 5 years working in hospitals. I have no patient contact now and after 30 years in nursing, I think I like it that way.

I've had a very bad 2 days. What a way to start the holiday weekend. :-x No place to go but up, right? :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread