• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New toy has been shipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Just had to share my excitement. My new toy has shipped!
They had planned for a mass shipping date of 15DEC, but supplier issues developed. No biggy; I'd rather receive it right the first time then play the send back game.

ProVape has been working very hard to get them out & I just got my notice today :)
If it makes it to the PO before close today & there's no major weather issues, there's a really good chance I can have that sweet Baboo in my hand by Monday or Tuesday.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Thankfully, we don't live on the east coast & I got my ProVari today.:vapor:

122710VapingPV.jpg

Been putting it through it's paces since it's arrival this afternoon. With it being just hours old, I don't want to jump the gun.... but so far, the only thing I can say is "WOW!"
Even confident enough to put my "I Quit" counter back up here & use their banner to do it :)

A few things that's been really cool so far is:
- Grabbing a couple attys that weren't hitting as well on the eGo, upped the volts on the PV & getting the hit I desire.
- When I sat down to read the manual while the batteries were being topped off, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. How long would it take to get use to this? NO time at all! Pop the batteries in & it was a breeze once I ran through it one time. VERY easy to use; VERY easy to get use to the codes to know what it will do.
- There's even a setting on there that will tell you what the Ohms of the atty/carto is that's attached! How cool is that!

And now, for the cons:
- I don't have many juices below 16/18mg. I forgot how exciting it can be to have a really new device around! I've been tweaking the volts around and well...had to put it down for a while in fear of a major nic OD ....LOL

Provided I don't suffer my traditional pre-sale curse, there's only one scenerio I could see getting yet another device: when the day comes that it becomes a self feeder. Thankfully, I think that's still a ways down the road because MlrMan will finally put his foot down if I ask for another LOL

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
If you be needing lower-nic juices, just holler - I've got a ton of stuff at 8mg....it's about all I vape anymore. You need something - come dig through my stash.

THX for the heads up, Vicks!
I figured it was time to streamline things around here, so while at F&F the other day, found a nice Plano tool box.
While moving things into there, I found a couple bottles of 11 & 0 nic. It was tabacco flavored, but probably given it's age, probably needed to be used up anyway! LOL

Looks really slick MlrGrl! Just remind MlrGuy that these are tools. Guys understand tools pretty well.
Oh yeah! I start talking about volts, watts and Ohms, and he becomes totally engrossed! LOL
And I've noticed that the only devices he's ever shown interest in have been the PS V2, the Fist Pack & now the ProVari. Guess these all just have a more manly appearance LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
hey mlrgrl....still loving it? does it workn well w/the 510 cartos? was thinking of getting either one of these or the GLV2 that jmitch suggested to me, but early reviews says it it hiccup-y w/the 510 cartos.

oh, and how long does the battery last between charges, and how long is the lifetime of the batts?

It's been two weeks now & I am love, Love LOVING IT!

Just last night, I had another cool thing happen. After Vicks & I met you that one Saturday, we went out for lunch. While there, I popped an atty on my eGo. For what ever reason, I wrapped it in a napkin & stuck it in my eGo case. Noticed it last night & decided to pop it on the ProVari & see what the Ohms would read at (one of the cool things - it will read the Ohms of your atty!). It read something like 2.7 Ohms, so I bumped my volts up to 4.7 & it worked like a charm! Guess the Ohms were just too high for my eGo to handle.

For referance, the eGo is classified as a 3.7. You can set the ProVari anywhere from 3.3v-6.0v, which makes for 28 different voltage settings. I've been able to bump up the volts so it lessons that airy feeling I always had with cartos, combined with a great tip on how to decrease the airflow, I'm actually starting to fall in love with cartos!
When using an atty, I can set it at 3.7-3.8 & it's just like I'm using my eGo & as the day goes on, bump up the volts as I've always wished I could do. If I'm in a juice tasting mood, I can go up to 4.4, which really makes the flavor come to life on an atty when dripping.

I really can't comment on the battery life, since I'm still on the honeymoon stage ;)
The standard battery for the unit, an 1100mAh IMR 18490 batteries, is lasting me at least as long as an eGo during this phase, if not a little longer. Many people are reporting that they are getting a good day plus.
Thinking about it; I'd have to say I'm getting longer than an eGo, since I'm only changing batteries maybe one during the day & if need be, again in the evening.
There is a "Check battery" setting that will tell you where the life of the battery is at. (another cool thing).
What's really funny, is just like the eGo, I can tell when the battery life is starting to deplete, but unlike the eGo, I just bump the volts to use the battery to it's cut off.

OK; now for the cons - due to it's size, I dont' feel as stealthy as I can with my eGo ;)
It's still an awesome size for my lady hands, but I can't completely hold it in a way to hide it. Oh well; that's why I still have my eGo & if I'm just taking an occational hit, the compromise works just fine.
I will be flying to Denver & back next week & I am a little nervous about taking it through security - a metal tube with a computer chip & batteries? But better in my carry on for a demo than having TSA discover it in my bag LOL

I had noticed a lot of people on the ProVari board talking about their GLV2s but never bothered to look it up until now. Cute unit and what great colors! I'd love to see one in real life!

I just priced out again what the price would be to get the entire starter set that I got with the ProVari:
1 ProVari
3 IMR 18490 batteries
3 IMR 18650 batteries / 1 batter extender cap (since these batteries are longer; makes the unit 1/2" longer)
1 battery charger (the one unit is adjustable for both kinds of batteries)

The total price ends up being $261.85. Remove the 3 longer batteries & the extender cap & it brings the price down to $204.40.
Yeah; kinda pricey, but I was looking at spending about $200 on a Fist Pack, so it was easy to justify & ease my FP envy........a little.

I'm thinking a gathering is in order. Who's up for the 22nd? :vapor:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
i'm up for the 22nd! i think you just talked me into the pro vari. i like it because it's slim, and since you raved like this, i think i'm sold.

ProVari.jpg
:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:
ProVariExtended.jpg

Standard ProVari with atty/drip tip.............ProVari with the extender cap for longer battery.

The standard pic shows the button, which I find really comfortable. You can choose to have the button light up red when operating, or you can turn it off (for stealth vaping or IMO, extend the battery life). Either way, the button will flash red when it reads the battery is getting low.

In the extended cap photo, it shows the window where the controls are read. Pics don't do this read out justice, just like pics don't do the PV justice.

It's a lot more intimidating when you read the manual than it is to operate. I'm a read the manual before attemping kind of person. Read the manual, picked it up & BAM! I was working it like a pro! There's really nothing to it & it took less than 5 min for my ADD brain to remember the codes :)
I've heard they are only giving the manual online now instead of including, so if anyone wants a preview:
ProVari Manual

The size & weight reminds me of the V2s, etc from PS.

Part of me wants to say "Don't order until you've actually tried it". After thinking it through, since there is a wait list & the website is stating a 4 week wait, I'd say do it now.
One of these things will then happen:
1) You'll try it, love it & be glad you have a 10 day head start on the wait list
2) You'll try it, decide it's not for you & can cancel your order when you get home; nothing lost.
2) They'll be all caught up & you'll get your unit before you get to try mine. Don't like it? Just send it back within 7 days.

Last edited:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
perfect. because i ordered the similar set up. got the extended batts, and cap, plus the regular batts, and charger. i think it was 256.00 when all was said and done. gary thinks he wants either omega that someone posted or the GLV2, because he was impressed with the massive vapor he saw in a review.

do you still use the eGo? I hope i'll still use mine. I've got THREE of them now (because i'm a girl and like pretty colored things)

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
perfect. because i ordered the similar set up.................

....... do you still use the eGo? I hope i'll still use mine. I've got THREE of them now (because i'm a girl and like pretty colored things)

Uh oh! Now the pressure is on! ;)
What's your order number?

Did you know you can keep track of the orders that are being sent out?
provari-pre-order-please-post-when-yours-ships-so-we-can-keep-track

That's kind of cool that EMan wants to try a different unit. Gives you both a chance to try other units.

YES! I do still use the eGo & still carry an eGo case loaded in my purse.
It's mostly used if we're in an establishment because it's stealthier and also if the opportunity arises, it's just easier to convince a newbie e-cigs are cool LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I most certainly hope the 'safety' is on - on that 'loaded' device.

Last edited by C-kool Dad '09; Today at 03:38 PM. Reason: this Bud's for you

I was going to say "Safety first" until I saw your edit....
Now, get your funny little bumm over to the other thread & tell us if you can make it on the 22nd ...
hee hee heeeeeee

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Uh oh! Now the pressure is on! ;)
What's your order number?

3629 is the order number.

I am still a little sketchy on the mod-world, though. I still love my eGos (that sounds so weird and eGotistical!), and really don't NEED a mod. but that promise of massive, heavenly-cloudlike vapor is so appealing:)! i kind of hope gary gets the GLV2, because it is sort of odd, but cool looking, and jmitch said he was in loooove w/his.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
3629 is the order number.

I am still a little sketchy on the mod-world, though. I still love my eGos (that sounds so weird and eGotistical!), and really don't NEED a mod. but that promise of massive, heavenly-cloudlike vapor is so appealing:)! i kind of hope gary gets the GLV2, because it is sort of odd, but cool looking, and jmitch said he was in loooove w/his.

I was order 3135 & it shipped on Friday 12/24/10, arriving here that Monday the 27th.
3371 placed on 12/18 just posted they got their shipping notice today, so probably less than 3 weeks before they get to you if things keep chugging along & their parts keep coming in.

I know exactly what you mean; if everything else was to fall off the earth, I would have been very happy with my eGo. But the power.... & being able to tweak it to just what you want....intoxicating!

You won't be able to go back, EW. After getting something that pumps out more than 3.2v, your eGos will be wrecked for you forever. :)

The GLV2 is pretty cute. Q&A time:
What color did you get?
Did you get something etched on it?
What voltage did you get?
Do you really have to use stacked batteries on it? or did I glance at the site too fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread