Not open for further replies.

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com
Congradulations:toast: Now listen very carefully...Not to me silly, but this site you've happened upon. Read lots of threads, take notes and read lots more threads. Order ever so ssslllooowwwlllyyy. Wait, try this, sssssllllllooooolllllyyyyyy. that's better.
What you have mentioned already works for many here. The set up is fine, may need to have spare coil replacements and a better variety of juice. I can't think of anything els you could possibly need just yet:?: Hang in there!

light101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So a clearomiser is what you are using now. There are many different types. Cartomizers are filled with white stuffing and may offer you a different taste and feel to your vaping. Atomizers are used for dripping, that's where you drip a few drops and then vape it. That could be good to try as many people use it to try out different juices. A drip tip is just the tip that you suck through. There are the very basics. Read around there is a ton of info on each item you asked about.

Good luck to you, light

kittybite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Portland, OR
Welcome to ECF! I'm no expert, but there are plenty of them here :) A must read would be the following blog by Baditude:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-carto-tank-what-guide-juice-attachments.html

With regard to nic vs throat hit, a higher nic will produce a stronger hit. However, your PG/VG ratio will also make a difference. I've purchased the same juice from the same vendor with different nic strengths and it's somewhat noticeable, but not to the point where the lower nic stuff is any less satisfying. More of an issue for me was that higher nic levels were messing with my sleep - not good! If you find a juice you want to stick with, you might start by decreasing the nic to the next step down and see if it's still satisfying. If not, or if you like the nic strenght but not the harshness, you might try adjusting the PG/VG ratio.

Good luck!

Last edited:

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
If the throat hit is too harsh, you may need to step down to 18mg, I started with 24mg but after about 2 months dropped to 18mg. I wish Ego's were around when I started, all we had were little batteries, atomizers and cartridges, but you really learned the in and outs of vaping that way.

What you have now, the CE4 is a clearomizer, a cartomizer is filled with a batting that feeds the coil and a drip tip is what you stick in the end of either one. You may want to get some 5 or 10ml bottles of different eliquid from different vendors to see what you really like.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
It's all a matter of personal taste. The better the atomizer the better quality of vape. Your ego will get the juice cooking, but it's what you are cooking in that ultimately determines the quality and quantity of the vape, along with your coil and wick build. Variable Voltage and Wattage devices, merely allows one to dial in the sweet spot of their particular vape. Also they give you more options on what kind of tank/atomizer you can effectively use.HTH

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Ego battery, good pen style and most common get started unit, rugged, dependable, tried and tested so no fault there. The CE4 clearomizer, again a decent new vaper atomizing attachment as it comes with an atomizer in it, and is a tank, so holds a bit more liquid than basic cartomizers, and you can tell when it is time to refill. Basic expenses at this stage to look at, are try some different liquids, even different brands, sampler packs a decently priced and a good place to start. 2 PAD 24mg sounds about right to get started, maybe try some 18mg, see how that works if you are chain vaping and getting nic overdose (nausea, headaches, can't sleep real well), also try different PG/VG blends, the biggest part is finding liquids that keep you satisfied, and yes nicotine content affects throat hit.

PG - Thinner, transports flavor better, stronger throat hit
VG - Thicker, gives some liquids a sweeter taste, produces better vapor, less of a throat hit

Next expense, a couple more batteries, preferably Ego-C Twists in as high a milli-amp hour rating as possible. The Ego Twist is variable volt, you can dial up or done the voltage output to increase flavor, vapor, and throat hit to your liking, basically turn it up in 0.1 volt increments to the point the liquids starts to taste harsh or burnt, to harsh back down 0.2 volts, there is your max setting, burnt 0.3-0.5 volts. Higher milli-amp hours (mah) on the batteries, the longer they last between recharges, 900 to 1000 mah suggested.

Some more tanks, and spare heads for those tanks. Later you can experiment as your funds allow it, probably look at iClear16 and iClear30 attachments as uprgrades, which offer replaceable coil heads and wicks, the iClear30 is a 3.0 milli-liter tank over the CE4 and iClear16 being 1.5-1.6ish mills.

Dripping atomizer with a drip tip, the basic 510 dripper is durable and rugged, makes great for sampling juices before commiting them to a tank, and works as a great backup if a tank fails. These produce the greatest flavor, easy to clear out and clean, and last a long time, downside they can only accept 3-5 drops of liquid at a time.

Cartomizers are a cousin to the dripper atomizers. A coil with a little wick in it, surrounded by a polyfill material to hold juice and transport it to the atty, a little taller, and can hold upwards to about 25 drops of liquid first fill standard length to 35 drops first fill for the taller one. Flavor is muted a bit, but they are portable, basic, easy to maintain, and last about a week of heavy use, plus they can be notched or punched on the side and put into a DCT or Carto Tank, or can be purchased pre-punched specifically for that reason.

**************Biggest Advice******************
Water, drink lots and lots of water. Vaping dehydrates you so keep drinkable liquids close at hand at all times ;)

Last edited:

Ramjet

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
USA
joekittock.blogspot.com
Welcome to ECF! I'm no expert, but there are plenty of them here :) A must read would be the following blog by Baditude:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-carto-tank-what-guide-juice-attachments.html

With regard to nic vs throat hit, a higher nic will produce a stronger hit. However, your PG/VG ratio will also make a difference. I've purchased the same juice from the same vendor with different nic strengths and it's somewhat noticeable, but not to the point where the lower nic stuff is any less satisfying. More of an issue for me was that higher nic levels were messing with my sleep - not good! If you find a juice you want to stick with, you might start by decreasing the nic to the next step down and see if it's still satisfying. If not, or if you like the nic strenght but not the harshness, you might try adjusting the PG/VG ratio.

Good luck!

Excellent article. This is a must view for everyone's starting off point !!!

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Okay well previous posters have done a great job in covering the basics, so I wont rehash what they said ( it get dull)

First off Congrats and welcome to vaping and the ECF.

My advice to you as you explore the world of vaping is just to look around here, web sites and the like to see what's out there.
If you see something that catches you fancy ask about it here and try and find a review of it to see if it sounds like it's worth a buy. Don't worry about trying everything all at once either. There is a lot out there to try and most of it will be here next month too.
Don't chase after a name. There are some great companies with great products out there that have a strong fan following, but you're the one who should be happy with what you buy.

Finally enjoy the journey all this stuff and experimenting with it is half the fun. Don't worry about buying the "wrong" thing just have fun with it.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yes search review find comparisons of the different mods, YouTube has vid reviews of basically any mod or atty you can think of. I could tell you to buy a Provari and Kayfun or Russian and you could skip right to the top, but what's the fun in that. Do the work climb the mountain. Just vape it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread