Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Greetings. New site user and PV user. Smoked analogs from age 14 to 36. Decided I was sick of them. Did a lot of research (mostly on here) and found a local guy that has an estore that will meet for local business. Bought a KR808D from him and a bottle of menthol. May the 4th be with me, as that is the day I had my last analog. My mouth has finally started to adjust and my taste buds are returning. Quite amazing honestly. Now I just have to get the car to stop reeking, but that's happening slowly.

Already expanding some, as I want to try out some Clearomizers next. Going to order a batch, as well as some cherry fluid just to try something different.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Good pick on the 808 it's a good place to start. For the clearos you can get some threaded for the 808 device from My Vapor Store. Or you could buy an adapter to go from 808 to 510 (about 4 bucks) and just buy some 510 clearos. Do some research as they do need some small modifications to make them work right.

You definitely will want to try out some juices and figure out what you might like. Buy 10ml bottles at first and also there are several places that sell sample sized bottles 3-5ml.

Finally, for the car...1. clean the interior first with some foaming upholstery cleaner, its like a shampoo that dries on its own...you can get it at autozone, walmart, etc. 2. Fabreeze once after cleaning 3. Fabreeze again one day later. Fabreeze has a chemical in it that removes almost all odors including cigarette smoke.

Good luck.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Congrats, I stopped the analogs on April 22nd. I started with the Blu and returned it within 5 days and went to the Volt, which is an 808. Try Smokeless Image Mint if you like menthol, its awesome.

If you are in Florida like me, drive with the windows open a little and turn you a/c recirculate button off for a few days. That will help get the smell out of the A/C

I just ordered some clearomizers from Smokeless Image, I cant wait for them. Very dissappointed they wont be here until Friday and I am going away for my anniversary Friday morning. Half of me wants to delay leaving until the mail comes at 2

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
Welcome HaweyeFLA! I'm not far from you - in Polk County - I also started with an 808 on April 1st, 2010 ... May the 4th be with you, indeed ;-)

Regarding the reeking car - I totally understand - if I was in my car I was smoking and often with the windows up and the AC on - To add to the excellent suggestions given by jbankston62871, I heated up bowls of vinegar and left them in the car overnight for quite a while and it cleared out the stench.

The best to you!

4forksache

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
uk
i am new to this forum to. I never found that clearomisers worked well for me though. Hopefully you'll enjoy them but if you fancy looking into something comparable a ego-c type device or a imist, I found, to be much easier to deal with and the flavours/vapours from them is great. but whatever system you settle on i can only say get some standard atomisers and a drip tip. WELCOME

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Good pick on the 808 it's a good place to start. For the clearos you can get some threaded for the 808 device from My Vapor Store. Or you could buy an adapter to go from 808 to 510 (about 4 bucks) and just buy some 510 clearos. Do some research as they do need some small modifications to make them work right.

You definitely will want to try out some juices and figure out what you might like. Buy 10ml bottles at first and also there are several places that sell sample sized bottles 3-5ml.

Finally, for the car...1. clean the interior first with some foaming upholstery cleaner, its like a shampoo that dries on its own...you can get it at autozone, walmart, etc. 2. Fabreeze once after cleaning 3. Fabreeze again one day later. Fabreeze has a chemical in it that removes almost all odors including cigarette smoke.

Good luck.

Heh, right after I made my hello post, I was on My Vapor Store ordering a set of clears, a refill kit, and a 10ml bottle of cherry to try it out. I really do like the mix I'm getting locally. The guy tried to match my old Camel menthols, but didn't quite get it, but I'm reminded some of Marlboro smooths, which I also enjoyed. I'll play around over time with flavors I am sure, but I'm in no rush for anything overly exotic right now. :)

I'll have to check out the foaming stuff. I've already used about half a bottle of Odor Ban, which is generally a little better than febreeze. I'm just glad I didn't smoke in my apt. Tho I can still smell it some, I'm sure some residuals on things that were in my car. But it's all good, it'll clear out eventually.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Congrats, I stopped the analogs on April 22nd. I started with the Blu and returned it within 5 days and went to the Volt, which is an 808. Try Smokeless Image Mint if you like menthol, its awesome.

If you are in Florida like me, drive with the windows open a little and turn you a/c recirculate button off for a few days. That will help get the smell out of the A/C

I just ordered some clearomizers from Smokeless Image, I cant wait for them. Very dissappointed they wont be here until Friday and I am going away for my anniversary Friday morning. Half of me wants to delay leaving until the mail comes at 2

Yeah I'm in Florida. The good ol' Four Corners region. The recirc ("Max") on my A/C doesn't work right now anyways. Which kind of sucks as we head into summer. But also a good way I have found in the past to get smells out of an A/C system ... put it on recirc, and then spray an odor remover up under the passenger dash area. That is where most recircs get their intake air from, so you're getting it right into the system. Or spray it into the vents and let it sit over night. But I've had this car for 8 years, and smoked in it the whole time, so yeah it's gonna be awhile to clear it out.

Welcome HaweyeFLA! I'm not far from you - in Polk County - I also started with an 808 on April 1st, 2010 ... May the 4th be with you, indeed ;-)

Regarding the reeking car - I totally understand - if I was in my car I was smoking and often with the windows up and the AC on - To add to the excellent suggestions given by jbankston62871, I heated up bowls of vinegar and left them in the car overnight for quite a while and it cleared out the stench.

The best to you!

Hmmm, I might have to try the warm vinegar route. Also heard that activated charcoal can help. Similar to what is used in fish tanks.

i am new to this forum to. I never found that clearomisers worked well for me though. Hopefully you'll enjoy them but if you fancy looking into something comparable a ego-c type device or a imist, I found, to be much easier to deal with and the flavours/vapours from them is great. but whatever system you settle on i can only say get some standard atomisers and a drip tip. WELCOME

I'll figure out what works best for me over time I am sure. Just wanna watch what I spend. Don't want to spend all my savings on hardware. :)

Congratulations hawkeye and welcome to ECF.

Thanks. It's a great site. Of course it's another one to monitor, but it's all good ... something to do when work is boring.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Heh, right after I made my hello post, I was on My Vapor Store ordering a set of clears, a refill kit, and a 10ml bottle of cherry to try it out. I really do like the mix I'm getting locally. The guy tried to match my old Camel menthols, but didn't quite get it, but I'm reminded some of Marlboro smooths, which I also enjoyed. I'll play around over time with flavors I am sure, but I'm in no rush for anything overly exotic right now. :)

I'll have to check out the foaming stuff. I've already used about half a bottle of Odor Ban, which is generally a little better than febreeze. I'm just glad I didn't smoke in my apt. Tho I can still smell it some, I'm sure some residuals on things that were in my car. But it's all good, it'll clear out eventually.

On those flavors, I was never one who thought I wanted anything but tobacco tasting ones, but now I'm into all kinds of different flavors. Try stuff out, there's a whole new world out there. MVS is my go to supplier, you will be happy with their shipping and business practices. Some of the best prices around too.

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
Greetings. New site user and PV user. Smoked analogs from age 14 to 36. Decided I was sick of them. Did a lot of research (mostly on here) and found a local guy that has an estore that will meet for local business. Bought a KR808D from him and a bottle of menthol. May the 4th be with me, as that is the day I had my last analog. My mouth has finally started to adjust and my taste buds are returning. Quite amazing honestly. Now I just have to get the car to stop reeking, but that's happening slowly.

Already expanding some, as I want to try out some Clearomizers next. Going to order a batch, as well as some cherry fluid just to try something different.

Congrats and welcome to the ECF party! Love the name, reminds me of M*A*S*H I started out almost exactly like you did, but I went with 510 instead of 808 connection. I started with menthol, Still do it now to this day tho my juice list has broadened to more fruit flavors. Clearomizers are fun, very fun at first but I came away from them....either there was leaking or mouth fulls of juice or just annoyance trying to fill the things. Carto tanks are a great alternative tho I must say.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
On those flavors, I was never one who thought I wanted anything but tobacco tasting ones, but now I'm into all kinds of different flavors. Try stuff out, there's a whole new world out there. MVS is my go to supplier, you will be happy with their shipping and business practices. Some of the best prices around too.

I'm looking forward to the flavors to be honest. I just wish I had gotten my order in yesterday before their daily shipping. I paid for USPS priority and it shipped today, so should be here soon. They're in New York I read and it shipped earlier this morning, so always potential for it arriving tomorrow but not holding my breath. Of course I work 330-midnight tomorrow and 10a-midnight on Saturday, so it might be late Saturday before I get to try it, but c'est la vie. I also found out yesterday that Orlando has a brick and mortar store downtown, so I might go check them out at some point.

Congrats and welcome to the ECF party! Love the name, reminds me of M*A*S*H I started out almost exactly like you did, but I went with 510 instead of 808 connection. I started with menthol, Still do it now to this day tho my juice list has broadened to more fruit flavors. Clearomizers are fun, very fun at first but I came away from them....either there was leaking or mouth fulls of juice or just annoyance trying to fill the things. Carto tanks are a great alternative tho I must say.

The back story on my online handle actually goes back to M*A*S*H. My original online handle going back to the Compuserv days was Desperado. In 1999 I was living in a basement apartment in Chicago and after one really bad rain storm, my sump pump wasn't working right and the whole place flooded. This being in like July, the place felt very humid for a few days after they vacuumed out all the water. One might even say the place felt very Swampy. Myself and one of my best friends up there being fans of the TV show then nicknamed my apt The Swamp (Which has kind of stuck as a nickname for anywhere I live now, even on Foursquare :) ). So I picked the best nickname from the TV show. Plays well into another expensive hobby of mine. Photography. I used to do some work for night clubs in town, always under the logo "Photos by Hawkeye."

Now as for hardware, I went with the 808 mostly because the price was right, and there's a webstore run by a guy locally that will meet up for business. I am kind of wishing I had done just a wee bit more research and done 510, since it appears there are way more accessories for those. But it's all good. My only real commitment to the 808 thread right now are 2 batteries and a handful of cartomizers (and a 5pk of clearos coming soon) ... so I can easily switch to something else. I figure even if I only use the 808 kit for a month, my overall savings over traditional cigarettes is still pretty good.

And several of my coworkers are getting interested as they see me out there with them with my little black stick. :) So hey, maybe I can get a few more converts out of it. Tho they're all waiting to see how I am after a month or so I guess. But I've already seen the money savings in my bank account, and waking up feeling better is a very noticeable. So I don't see myself going back.

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
I'm looking forward to the flavors to be honest. I just wish I had gotten my order in yesterday before their daily shipping. I paid for USPS priority and it shipped today, so should be here soon. They're in New York I read and it shipped earlier this morning, so always potential for it arriving tomorrow but not holding my breath. Of course I work 330-midnight tomorrow and 10a-midnight on Saturday, so it might be late Saturday before I get to try it, but c'est la vie. I also found out yesterday that Orlando has a brick and mortar store downtown, so I might go check them out at some point.

The back story on my online handle actually goes back to M*A*S*H. My original online handle going back to the Compuserv days was Desperado. In 1999 I was living in a basement apartment in Chicago and after one really bad rain storm, my sump pump wasn't working right and the whole place flooded. This being in like July, the place felt very humid for a few days after they vacuumed out all the water. One might even say the place felt very Swampy. Myself and one of my best friends up there being fans of the TV show then nicknamed my apt The Swamp (Which has kind of stuck as a nickname for anywhere I live now, even on Foursquare :) ). So I picked the best nickname from the TV show. Plays well into another expensive hobby of mine. Photography. I used to do some work for night clubs in town, always under the logo "Photos by Hawkeye."

Now as for hardware, I went with the 808 mostly because the price was right, and there's a webstore run by a guy locally that will meet up for business. I am kind of wishing I had done just a wee bit more research and done 510, since it appears there are way more accessories for those. But it's all good. My only real commitment to the 808 thread right now are 2 batteries and a handful of cartomizers (and a 5pk of clearos coming soon) ... so I can easily switch to something else. I figure even if I only use the 808 kit for a month, my overall savings over traditional cigarettes is still pretty good.

And several of my coworkers are getting interested as they see me out there with them with my little black stick. :) So hey, maybe I can get a few more converts out of it. Tho they're all waiting to see how I am after a month or so I guess. But I've already seen the money savings in my bank account, and waking up feeling better is a very noticeable. So I don't see myself going back.

nice backstory! now you aren't financially dependant on 808, you could do both. you can get adapters to make 510 compatible with 808 and so forth. I love the options available for 510 . I got nothing but 510, 4 Parkes mods, a saber touch, probation n a wood mod, I just love the ease of anything I want is easily found in 510. if you ever want to compare the 2, Carolina Vapes gots the cheapest tread adapters and you could get a single carto in 510.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
nice backstory! now you aren't financially dependant on 808, you could do both. you can get adapters to make 510 compatible with 808 and so forth. I love the options available for 510 . I got nothing but 510, 4 Parkes mods, a saber touch, probation n a wood mod, I just love the ease of anything I want is easily found in 510. if you ever want to compare the 2, Carolina Vapes gots the cheapest tread adapters and you could get a single carto in 510.

Yeah, I've been studying the options. Starting to study options for better batteries for length. I feel like I'm switching out my current batteries constantly. I'm not ready to spend more money just yet, but I will admit the GLV-2 has caught my eye for it's style and color options. A little pricey for the moment, but after reading on here, I know that good quality isn't cheap.

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I've been studying the options. Starting to study options for better batteries for length. I feel like I'm switching out my current batteries constantly. I'm not ready to spend more money just yet, but I will admit the GLV-2 has caught my eye for it's style and color options. A little pricey for the moment, but after reading on here, I know that good quality isn't cheap.

you are most correct on that! you can get good starter mods cheap, 20-40 bucks and the real powerhouse are the batteries. you should get a nice cheap box or tube mod before investing into a higher end model invade you end up feeling vaping isn't right for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread