Not open for further replies.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
YAY! A NEW CONTEST!
biggrin.gif
Steve has requested (and who am I to argue?) that we increase the prizes and also accept entries on this forum as well as the other one. So here are the details for those who did not check the other forum:

This contest is simple... I want your ideas for what Steve's next contest should be! That's right... I want to see what kind of contests you all can come up with to give Steve some ideas. The winner will be announced when (you guessed it) Steve announces a new contest! There will only be one winner.

Winner will receive a brand new extra long with 10 second cut off (either manual or auto so it will have to wait until they come in so I can order it) a USB charger, AND a "Jen Jen's 10 pack sampler" which will include many different flavors and nic strengths to try! It will include banana, ice cream sundae, tequila, English Toffee, beer, black tea, green tea, peach cobbler, and cowboy menthol (which I surprisingly liked). All strengths will be 18 and below. Contest ends on Sunday, November 29th and winner will be announced when Steve posts a new contest or at least tells us which one he plans to use first.

The contest can be different kinds of posters, different video ideas, poems, life changing stories, whatever YOU think would be a good contest. Come on all you creative people, let's see what you can come up with! It should be described as completely as possible including possible winning categories. Be as specific as possible while allowing creative input into the contest.

This is just a sample to give you an idea of how to post your idea(s) (I have tossed this idea in before so it is not new and is not included as an entry)

A video contest where people take a vaporking up to a smoker (or smokers) and ask them to give it a try and video tape their reactions. (a hole could be poked into the end of the condoms and a clean one put on for each person who tries it). Winning categories would be as follows:

Overall Best 1st place
Funniest 1st and 2nd place
Serious (heart warming or life changing) 1st and 2nd place

Here is your chance to propose a contest idea that YOU can excel at! Come up with an idea, be creative and sell it to Steve... You can see what ideas have already been proposed at Vapor4Life - nu-vapor ! Lets have some fun with this! :D

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
What about having users take pictures of themselves with all of their current equipment in the picture with them and putting a caption with the pic.

Categories could be things such as Best Overall, Best Picture, Best Caption, and Funniest.

And then the pictures could possibly be used for some sort of promotional page of happy customers on the V4L site.

(I only posted here and not the other forum because I spend wayyyyyy to much time on this forum as it is. No way I can let myself join another ;) )

Last edited:

Luma

ECF Veteran
I think we should do

"Hardest Corest V4L'er"

Make a video of the most random and crazy places you vape your V4L, peoples reactions, card handout convo's, ect....

I would win this for sure cuz I really love getting reactions. But I dont have the time right now. Very busy with my career and trying to get better still from my hospital stay.

I think this contest would be awesome. Massively entertaining.

Last edited:

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
I would like to see a Contest where people post their vaping tricks and tips! We all have little things that we do to get the most out of our vaping experience. Previously posted tips and tricks not eligible. Winning categories could be as follows:
Best overall 1st place
Unique idea 2nd place
Funniest 3rd place
The Doesn't fit in other categories but deserves a prize category 4th place

McCordRM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I propose a contest to come up with a catchy slogan for the site. "Because it's your life" sounds like the site is selling insurance.
Since contests tend to benefit the winner, perhaps something Vapor4Life can use could be fun.

Rules are simple:
1. Can be no longer than 10 words. (Who hasn't heard "Coke Is It"? Short, sweet, and memorable)
2. This is an adult (18+) site, but let's not get X-rated here. It should be something worthy of appearing on the website under the their logo at the top of the page.
3. Stick to the point. "Coke Is It" doesn't work because this isn't a site selling Coke, or any soda for that matter. A good slogan should advertise/represent what the company is selling/providing.

Winners will be chosen as follows:
1st Place: Most catchy, professional slogan. This is the one that one go on the website.
2nd Place: Funniest, yet still relevant to Vaping, slogan.
3rd place: The best "where the hell did that come from" slogan. While still relevant to Vaping, the claim it makes is totally bogus.

[Examples:]
1st place: Vapor4Life- Home of the King!
2nd place: Vapor4Life- 'Cause Mr. T. pities the fool who don't!
3rd place: Vapor4Life- Because vaping cures cancer!

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
Second contest idea:

We have lots of people from different cities and cultures and from all walks of life and I think it is amazing.

How about pictures of people vaping in their hometowns, using backdrops of local landmarks and interesting local flavor.

Best artsy shot
Historical site, graffiti hotspot, black and white?
1st and 2nd Place

Best funny shot
I dunno .. vaping a pear cart while juggling pears at the local farmer's market?
1st and 2nd Place

Bonus:
Best Holiday Vaping Shot
Turn Santa On to the Vapor King!

1st Place

Most unusual place to vape (top of the empire state building, going down Niagra Falls in a barrel, on a roller coaster, on roller skates)

Real pictures, no shopping! I want to see where people are coming from!

Last edited:

maaron

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
lima,Ohio
ok I have another one! How about a contest to see who can come up with the most innovative/original ideas for new products....that way people can help v4l out by coming out with new ideas that will blow other companies out of the water(since steve helps us all out) There could be a winner for each category of product: one winner for best idea for batteries,carts,flavors,cases, chargers etc. That way it is a win/win situatuion for both parties. The would have to be "doable" though...nothing like a portable oxygen tank converted to a pv that you carry with you and just wear the "vapor mask" all day!:lol:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
The would have to be "doable" though...nothing like a portable oxygen tank converted to a pv that you carry with you and just wear the "vapor mask" all day!:lol:

you mean that hasn't been posted in the mod section yet? :D

woops forgot that I probably shouldn't be posting responses to things since this is a contest thread. sorry.

ok so lets think of another idea...

oh here ya go...

I saw a forum post on here the other day with Steve on the news.
Go out and find Steve look alikes to take pics of and he can pick the 3 best ones. ;)

Last edited:

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
My Second Contest Idea!!

First off we need a picture of Steve dressed as our Santa!! Bonus if we can get Mark, Leaford and the rest of the team dressed up like elves.

The contest involves us each writing a "Dear Santa" letter. Now this letter can be any type of letter you want, tell Santa how V4L has helped you or make it a funny letter.
Three prize categories Humor and Inspirational and a Wild Card. With a First, Second and Third place in each category.

The holidays are coming!!

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
Oooh I like that one Taryn but here is my third contest idea.

Rewrite and sing a Christmas Carol based on vaping/VK/V4L. Video would be best!

Example:

Deck the halls with peppermint cartos Fa la la la la
Tis The Season To be vaping! Fa la la la la

Okay, bad example but I'm sure you guys can do better!

I'd just do a simple 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place with a booby prize for the worst :)

Seaking

Nov 1, 2009
ok I have another one! How about a contest to see who can come up with the most innovative/original ideas for new products....

Exactly what I was thinking. I have plenty of ideas for new products, i would definately enter :p

We could have the overall winning idea which everyone at V4l would try to make happen, one for the most thought out design or presentation(got to, someone who puts alot of effort into their idea deserves something right? :] ), or maybe a personal favorite of steve, mark, or the -new vp of product developement- leaford :p

And heck maybe some people won't be able to come up with an idea so how about a winning spot for the most comedic/best fantasy/imaginary product. ahahaha XD could get some entertaining stuff out of it eh?

It could be anything goes, maybe a video explaing their idea, pictures, or evel 3d models if they want to go that far :p

Btw though, alot of the picture ideas and video ideas suggested sound great too :] Ah i'd be happy with near any of these :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread