New v4l contest entries only thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastOutlaw

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Texas
www.quantumtour.com
My idea involves two people, one recording the video in stealth mode and another one vaping in different locations. The idea is the vaper will vape in places like a restaurant, airport, movie theater etc. The second person records other people's reactions to the vaper. I'm sure most will think they are smoking. If they are approached about the issue record the reaction and discussion where they are told "I'm not smoking" as they hand them the V4L card with the explanation on the back. Bonus if you can get them to try one! Another bonus if you get too keep vaping in the location. This should be done like a candid camera clip where the others don't know they are being recorded.

Categories could be as follows:
Most ingenious location
1st, 2nd & 3rd
Best reaction
1st 2nd & 3rd
Best confrontation
1st 2nd & 3rd
Best overall

BTW Steve I need more cards. I only have one left and my last order didn't have any in it. I pass your cards out to a lot of people who are interested in vaping.

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
This is just a sample to give you an idea of how to post your idea(s) (I have tossed this idea in before so it is not new and is not included as an entry)

A video contest where people take a vaporking up to a smoker (or smokers) and ask them to give it a try and video tape their reactions. (a hole could be poked into the end of the condoms and a clean one put on for each person who tries it). Winning categories would be as follows:

Overall Best 1st place
Funniest 1st and 2nd place
Serious (heart warming or life changing) 1st and 2nd place

Can I enter? and Can your sample be my entery?
since I posted it replying to RyGUy 9-26-09
and you thought it was a great idea next post 7min later

Well, it definitely is a sample of what can be done...

Idea if get some carts and go out on the street.. video smokers trying it out and get their opinion.....

to save on carts and stay hygienic bring a bunch of those stoppers the carts come in (the buTplugs) put a hole in the center and this way each ginniepig i mean person can try the same cart with out exchanging lip juice

I really want to enter and I like credit as well :)

Please don't suck no lemons I am honestly not a bad guy

I love contests and NEVER had problems with the V4L staff

calla2

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
Greater ATL
1. Folks send in a shot of them and their VK at various famous locations (e.g., Golden Gate bridge, Statue of Liberty, Grand Canon, Niagra Falls, Disney World, and even sites across the world). Most creative shot wins but Steve can use all of the submissions to create a new V4L.com web page showing happy users and how well traveled V4L is.

2. Design a t-shirt contest. Winning design can be made available for sale on the V4L website (along with coffee mugs, travel mugs, canvas grocery bags etc. that feature the winning design).

3. Writing contest extolling the virtues of anything V4L (customer service, website, juices, cartos, batteries, etc.): best poem, haiku, song, story (word limit TBD), and so on wins.

4. Design a V4L sales promotion: could be holiday themes or not. Winning promotion is offered on V4L.

5. Design the Ultimate Ultimatum PCC case for extended trips away from home. An all purpose extended travel/use case that will accommodate all battery lengths, a mini juice bottle(s), and the ideal number of cartos with 'condom' on.

Last edited:

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
A lot of great ideas here!

How about matching flavors to a theme. Cowboy is pretty obvious, but it would be fun to see what people come up with for some of the others like Bud, Pina Colada, Orange Juice, Almond Joy, Banana Cream Pie, etc.

It could be an essay, a poem, a video, music, a picture, artwork. Funny or serious.

It would be interesting, I bet.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Can I enter? and Can your sample be my entery?
since I posted it replying to RyGUy 9-26-09
and you thought it was a great idea next post 7min later

I really want to enter and I like credit as well :)

Please don't suck no lemons I am honestly not a bad guy

I love contests and NEVER had problems with the V4L staff

Damn! I thought I had thought of it or I wouldn't have used it as the example lol! I should have checked back on it! We were all throwing ideas out there. Sorry bout that! Sure... post it as your idea. No worries there. But go ahead and post it over and expand on the prize distribution how you want it. ;)

(Really didn't mean to steal your idea, was just trying to think of something to use as an example)

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Damn! I thought I had thought of it or I wouldn't have used it as the example lol! I should have checked back on it! We were all throwing ideas out there. Sorry bout that! Sure... post it as your idea. No worries there. But go ahead and post it over and expand on the prize distribution how you want it. ;)

(Really didn't mean to steal your idea, was just trying to think of something to use as an example)

Hehe no worries..it's not like I invented the wheel hehe besides I think someone else did already posted something similar with prize ideas.....so I pass off ownership to him.......I will think of something else....or just wait for a contest to come out from this and enter that one....

just wanted it on the record thats all hehe

good luck everyone

LastOutlaw

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Texas
www.quantumtour.com
How about a contest of ideas for new V4L products or equipment upgrade ideas. I have seen a few here such as a multi-battery charger, carrying case upgrades etc. A contest along these lines could give V4L and Leaford ideas as to new or upgraded equipment to design for the product line.

Categories could be:
Best upgrade idea
1st, 2nd & 3RD
Best new tool or equipment idea
1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best new vaping product idea
1st, 2nd, 3rd
Best idea overall
Grand prize

LO

Last edited:

roxinal

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
marshalltown iowa
YAY! A NEW CONTEST!
biggrin.gif
Steve has requested (and who am I to argue?) that we increase the prizes and also accept entries on this forum as well as the other one. So here are the details for those who did not check the other forum:

This contest is simple... I want your ideas for what Steve's next contest should be! That's right... I want to see what kind of contests you all can come up with to give Steve some ideas. The winner will be announced when (you guessed it) Steve announces a new contest! There will only be one winner.

Winner will receive a brand new extra long with 10 second cut off (either manual or auto so it will have to wait until they come in so I can order it) a USB charger, AND a "Jen Jen's 10 pack sampler" which will include many different flavors and nic strengths to try! It will include banana, ice cream sundae, tequila, English Toffee, beer, black tea, green tea, peach cobbler, and cowboy menthol (which I surprisingly liked). All strengths will be 18 and below. Contest ends on Sunday, November 29th and winner will be announced when Steve posts a new contest or at least tells us which one he plans to use first.

The contest can be different kinds of posters, different video ideas, poems, life changing stories, whatever YOU think would be a good contest. Come on all you creative people, let's see what you can come up with! It should be described as completely as possible including possible winning categories. Be as specific as possible while allowing creative input into the contest.

This is just a sample to give you an idea of how to post your idea(s) (I have tossed this idea in before so it is not new and is not included as an entry)

A video contest where people take a vaporking up to a smoker (or smokers) and ask them to give it a try and video tape their reactions. (a hole could be poked into the end of the condoms and a clean one put on for each person who tries it). Winning categories would be as follows:

Overall Best 1st place
Funniest 1st and 2nd place
Serious (heart warming or life changing) 1st and 2nd place

Here is your chance to propose a contest idea that YOU can excel at! Come up with an idea, be creative and sell it to Steve... You can see what ideas have already been proposed at Vapor4Life - nu-vapor ! Lets have some fun with this! :D

How about something heartwarming, like people who had tried and tried to quit analogs, and some we're in poor health and how V4L has helped them change their lifestyle and over all health for the better. You know testomonials, something heartfelt, sincere, and touching. Just a thought

Vapen8

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
I have an awesom idea for a contest, but I need help with the tech details.
But here is the jist...
Contest admin emails 2 virtual playing cards along with a virtual table number, to each person who enters the contest before a specified date.
Only 22 people can play per round or at each table since theres 52 cards to a deck and 5 community cards Plus 3 burn cards in Texas holdem.
The winner (best poker hand) at each table goes on to the next round until there are only 2 people left to play for all the cookies!
The rules can be adapted to work however the contest runner likes. But you get the idea.
AWESOME RIGHT!!

McCordRM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have it!

All you need is your vaping device, a video camera (or webcam) and you're set!
It's the: Sell your VP Video!

And no, I'm not talking about REALLY getting rid of your vaping device. I mean seriously, who
the hell would want to do that?? No, I'm talking about filming a commercial. The rules of
the contest are simply that it should be clean enough to stick on Youtube without
getting banned, and persuasive enough to get attention.

The contest can be judged right here on the forum, perhaps through a poll. Exclude
votes from single post "members" to help cut down the cheating OR just allow
supporting members to vote.

Prizes given for top three votes.
The contest would have an entry deadline date. Upon that date, NO more entries will
be accepted and all received entries would then be open to voting. This is to ensure
everyone has equal visibility time.

Last edited:

calla2

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
Greater ATL
I wanted to keep all of my ideas in one post, but for some reason the edit option is unavailable ATM. Here are all of my ideas, finalized and with prize categories, plus one new one.

1. Folks send in a shot of them and their VK at various famous locations (e.g., Golden Gate bridge, Statue of Liberty, Grand Canon, Niagra Falls, Disney World, and even sites across the world). Most creative shots win but Steve can use all of the submissions to create a new V4L.com web page showing happy users and how well traveled V4L products are.

In addition to the overall grand prize winner, each category will
have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize winner. Categories are:
- Most exotic location
- Funniest picture
- Best photographic quality
- Most creative picture
- Best photo-shopped pic (if you don't travel before contest ends)

2. Design the 2010 V4L t-shirt (could become an annual contest so that new merchandise is sold each year). Winning design can be made available for sale on the V4L website (along with coffee mugs, travel mugs, canvas grocery bags etc. that feature the winning design). Be as creative as you can but designs must be family friendly/non-offensive. No copy-right infringement.

- Most creative/original
- Funniest
- Most artistic
- Most representative of V4L's business philosophy

3. Writing contest extolling the virtues of anything V4L, you choose (e.g., customer service, website, juices, cartos, batteries, etc.).

- Best poem
- Best haiku
- Best song lyrics
- Best short story/paragraph (word limit TBD)

4. Design a V4L sales promotion: could be holiday themes or not, or no theme at all. The promos must be feasible in real life since the winning promotion may be offered on V4L.

- Most creative
- Most likely to increase sales
- Best theme
- Best V4L brand recognition

5. Design the Ultimate Ultimatum PCC case for extended trips away from home. An all purpose extended travel/use case that will accommodate all battery lengths, a mini juice bottle(s), and the ideal number of cartos with 'condom' on.

- Most practical
- Most creative
- Most multi-purpose
- Most customizable

6. My favorite: Let's spice up the juice flavor descriptions! A la the J. Peterman catalog/character on the TV sitcom Seinfeld, extol the virtues of your favorite Nobacco flavor in beautiful, expansive, extravagant, dreamy, elaborate, tangential prose. Describe it like a fine wine, like your first love. Really get into it so that the reader wants to order it immediately despite half wondering if you are in full possession of your sanity. Winning submissions may be used for product descriptions on the V4L website.

- Most romanticized
- Funniest
- Most moving
- Most vivid
- Most delusional

GeauxCajuns

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Lafayette, LA
Here's my idea:

The intention of this competition would be to increase awareness of vaping and the crew over at V4L.

Each contest member record a short video: The idea is pretty simple.

1. Begin taking an ecig from outside the left of the screen (will look like they are taking the ecig from another person)

2. Take one pull and vape away.

3. The person then passes the ecig outside the right of the screen (will look like they are handing over the ecig to the next person)

Tip: Try to get as many of your family members or friends who also vape in on the video also!

Following all the video entries, we can then put together all the videos of everyone passing on their ecig (perhaps starting with Steve and the crew all the way back to Steve).

This forum is always talking about the great family here, and I think a video like this would really demonstrate that idea and really promote V4L.

As for the contest winners:

1st Place: Most Creative Video
2nd Place: Most People In The Video
3rd Place: Funniest

GeauxCajuns

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Lafayette, LA
Here's my idea:

The intention of this competition would be to increase awareness of vaping and the crew over at V4L.

Each contest member record a short video: The idea is pretty simple.

1. Begin taking an ecig from outside the left of the screen (will look like they are taking the ecig from another person)

2. Take one pull and vape away.

3. The person then passes the ecig outside the right of the screen (will look like they are handing over the ecig to the next person)

Tip: Try to get as many of your family members or friends who also vape in on the video also!

Following all the video entries, we can then put together all the videos of everyone passing on their ecig (perhaps starting with Steve and the crew all the way back to Steve).

This forum is always talking about the great family here, and I think a video like this would really demonstrate that idea and really promote V4L.

As for the contest winners:

1st Place: Most Creative Video
2nd Place: Most People In The Video
3rd Place: Funniest

Here is an example video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWwqu6akfXc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread