The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Vamo v4 keeps saying "short"! Please help!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by molliePOP, May 21, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. molliePOP

molliePOP Full Member

I've had this Vamo v4 for 3 months and it's been great until yesterday. It says "short" on the display.

I have tried several different coils, I have cleaned it really well. Is the pin not touching, or do I need to reset it somehow?

It will give me 2 or 3 vapes and then say short until I try a new coil, then it does it again.

HELP! I am stuck with an old ego until I can fix this problem and I want my nice clouds back

Thank you for any ideas.

2. Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed Account closed on request ECF Veteran

May 22, 2012
    Texas
    It is most likely the thin silicone insulator used in the 510 connector that is causing your short issues.

Take your topper off and carefully pry the center pin up and then reinstall the topper but don't over tighten it and see if that fixes the issue.

I had one that had this issue. I applied some epoxy via a syringe and needle in place of the silicone insulator and the problem was solved.

3. ppeeble

ppeeble Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    All of my Vamos have ended up doing the same. As Underwhelmed stated it is nearly always the isolating grommet between the centre pin of the 510 connection and the threaded part. FastTech sell spares of these for pennies (look under 'o ring'). They can be replaced with care but the job is fiddly.
    Either that or your Vamo is being rude. ;)

4. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.