New vape channel using titanium in TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

akiraceos

Oct 12, 2013
Sarawak, Malaysia.
Hey guys, hopefully i'm posting in the right place.

I've been meaning to do youtube for a while now, seeing that there's still a lack of temp-control reviewers on YT. So far i've just released 3 videos on the channel, where I discuss Titanium vs SS and kanthal, setting up and cleaning of Ti coils.

Channel is aimed to bring more attention towards Temp-control and Titanium, even with it's bad rep of 'oxidizing' or 'metallic taste' .

Looking to further improve on editing and video skills and most importantly audio (need a better mic :( )

I would appreciate any feedback be it positive or negative! Also, do let me know what you guys want to see in the future too! :)

Link to my channel - Niche Vapes
bit.ly/2Cb2o1A

Regards,
Arthur.

Last edited:

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Hey this is great I think, and Id happily help support you. I think thats great, Ive seen a lot of people ask other YT reviewers (big name ones) and they havent got a clue how to use TC. I think this is something lacking and definitely cool! I use SS coils myself and enjoy them, but have never used Ti. Iam interested in learning about it. If you wa t you could review mods in TC mode and how it handles [: Or review "high end" rda products as that is more of a niche group and much lesser reviewed product. Best of luck in your channel!

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ti was never that popular iirc. You can’t dry burn it at all. It’s only advantage was it was usable by people with nickel allergies. After stainless came out it more or less disappeared . There are some people who still use it because they claim superior flavor. Myself I am doubtful.

akiraceos

Oct 12, 2013
Sarawak, Malaysia.
Hey this is great I think, and Id happily help support you. I think thats great, Ive seen a lot of people ask other YT reviewers (big name ones) and they havent got a clue how to use TC. I think this is something lacking and definitely cool! I use SS coils myself and enjoy them, but have never used Ti. Iam interested in learning about it. If you wa t you could review mods in TC mode and how it handles [: Or review "high end" RDA products as that is more of a niche group and much lesser reviewed product. Best of luck in your channel!

Thanks for the quick reply! :D

Definitely will review more mods with TC function, in fact, Most mods today even the lower-budget ones support TC, was genuinely surprised when I tried dual fused clapton Ti's on a friend's 'vzone graffiti 220w'. Fires like a charm!

I thought titanium dioxide is used a pigment in white paint??? Will using titanium as a coil keep the wick whiter longer?

Hahaha! Not only will it keep your wicks whiter, if you inhale TiO2 often, even your teeth might be whiter! :lol:
Jokes aside though, TiO2 is bad, and i've seen a couple of youtubers who brightly glow Ti coils until oxidized, and then vape it. Can't imagine the people that watched that and did the same... :(

akiraceos

Oct 12, 2013
Sarawak, Malaysia.
Ti was never that popular iirc. You can’t dry burn it at all. It’s only advantage was it was usable by people with nickel allergies. After stainless came out it more or less disappeared . There are some people who still use it because they claim superior flavor. Myself I am doubtful.

I agree, many local vapers here in my town uses SS but in power mode. I've personally tried SS316L on a DNA 200,250c with SSfix TCR profile on it, but found that it gives out an odd-ish taste, along with a couple of friends whom i've persuaded into being in the 'Titanium cult' :evil:

You can dry-burn Ti to an extent, do check out the setup video on YT where we show how, if you're keen :) . Just never glow it bright-red!

Also, I enjoy the little to no ramp-up time on the Ti's compared to SS, but that's just my pet-peeve :) .

Last edited:

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
I agree, many local vapers here in my town uses SS but in power mode. I've personally tried SS316L on a DNA 200,250c with SSfix TCR profile on it, but found that it gives out an odd-ish taste, along with a couple of friends whom i've persuaded into being in the 'Titanium cult' :evil:

You can dry-burn Ti to an extent, do check out the setup video on YT where we show how, if you're keen :) . Just never glow it bright-red!

Also, I enjoy the little to no ramp-up time on the Ti's compared to SS, but that's just my pet-peeve :) .

I do notice a different in taste with TC SS, but it doesnt taste bad. Ever so slighty different. I dont mind it though.

akiraceos

Oct 12, 2013
Sarawak, Malaysia.
Thanks for the feedback guys! Appreciate it lots :) . Do let me know if there's anything that you want to see on the channel. @Lufty TC mod comparisons and compatibilities video will be made once i'm able to get my hands on various different chipsets that support TC . So far china chips tend to hold up pretty well from my hands-on test with friend's mods. Higher end RDA's, hopefully one day in the future! :p

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Titanium has been my go to TC wire for years now! I never glow my Ti red hot!
It can be pulsed in TC for cleaning, but a wire brush also works well :)
I also spin up my own Ti Clapton wire.
I'v tried nickel,316,17 & 430 SS in TC, I have found Ti works the best all around.
Ti is a bit springy, a good spinning in the drill (straightening) before winding makes the Ti much more manageable.
I pretty much use DNA's exclusively & Ti in TC gives the best vape experience for me.
Nickel wire is flimsy & hard to keep a coil from distorting, SS 316,17 has never worked consistently for me, SS 430 is the best SS wire for TC IMO.
I have done direct comparisons with SS 430 & Ti, for flavour, the Ti is better, the SS wire just flatness out the flavour notes, that are much more pronounced with Ti :)
Titanium wire is the best kept secret in TC vaping :)

BTW, I agree a TC could be much better represented on YT!
I could never understand why all the reviewers use Power mode! When we know TC is a safer option.

Titanium has been my go to TC wire for years now! I never glow my Ti red hot!
It can be pulsed in TC for cleaning, but a wire brush also works well :)
I also spin up my own Ti Clapton wire.
I'v tried nickel,316,17 & 430 SS in TC, I have found Ti works the best all around.
Ti is a bit springy, a good spinning in the drill (straightening) before winding makes the Ti much more manageable.
I pretty much use DNA's exclusively & Ti in TC gives the best vape experience for me.
Nickel wire is flimsy & hard to keep a coil from distorting, SS 316,17 has never worked consistently for me, SS 430 is the best SS wire for TC IMO.
I have done direct comparisons with SS 430 & Ti, for flavour, the Ti is better, the SS wire just flatness out the flavour notes, that are much more pronounced with Ti :)
Titanium wire is the best kept secret in TC vaping :)

BTW, I agree a TC could be much better represented on YT!
I could never understand why all the reviewers use Power mode! When we know TC is a safer option.

Hello! Good to know there's fellow Ti users here, didn't see any posts in the TC thread regarding Ti. Clapton Ti's are great! Curious on how long before u swap out your Ti coils? I genuinely have never needed to swap it out unless I mess up during rewicking and break a leg :p

Cheers and many thanks for your kind input!

Reactions: stols001
Glad you are putting the work in for this. Never felt the need to try titanium but I know there are a subset of vapers who like the taste far more and/or new vapers wanting to try something new. Good luck with your channel.

Anna
Thanks for the support Anna! :D. We're all here today as enthusiasts, and it all started with that last stick :p

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Hello! Good to know there's fellow Ti users here, didn't see any posts in the TC thread regarding Ti. Clapton Ti's are great! Curious on how long before u swap out your Ti coils? I genuinely have never needed to swap it out unless I mess up during rewicking and break a leg :p

Cheers and many thanks for your kind input!

Simple round wire Ti coils last a longtime, months!
Ti Claptons not as long, with out the dry burn, they get junked after a while, & the resistance changes :( At this point I build new ones :) The Clapton Ti coil life is directly affected by the juice, some juices are just cleaner than others. I build my own, so it's no big deal to just spin up a new one :)

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
Very nice, I subbed to you on yt btw. I personally haven't ever used temp control but I do plan on driving into it one day. The biggest arguments I have seen is to prevent dry hits. I don't ever have that problem unless I rewick something, get sidetracked, pop the top cap on and take a hit while burning my fresh dry cotton in two. Only happened once if you must know. I'll be sure to never do that again...

Itll be nice to see some more attention put into TC though. Your videos look well presented and professional too. I already learned a few things. I knew you couldn't dry burn Ti and I know the dangers of it as I machine it from time to time at work. I didn't know how to remove hot spots or clean it though.

Very nice, I subbed to you on yt btw. I personally haven't ever used temp control but I do plan on driving into it one day. The biggest arguments I have seen is to prevent dry hits. I don't ever have that problem unless I rewick something, get sidetracked, pop the top cap on and take a hit while burning my fresh dry cotton in two. Only happened once if you must know. I'll be sure to never do that again...

Itll be nice to see some more attention put into TC though. Your videos look well presented and professional too. I already learned a few things. I knew you couldn't dry burn Ti and I know the dangers of it as I machine it from time to time at work. I didn't know how to remove hot spots or clean it though.

Thanks for the sub! :D . TC prevents u from getting that 'cotton' flavor too, as u wont get to the burning point of cotton. Honestly switching to TC for me is not about avoiding dry-hits, but for the more consistent flavor since the mod keeps the . No dry-hits is just a bonus :D.

Will be releasing more videos on TC soon, that's the channel specialty :) Cheers to learning more while enjoying the buzz the right way ;)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm going to check your channel out. I like the idea of reviews and discussions from a TC perspective. Nobody really does that.

My only suggestion is to be open to relying on SS. It's more mainstream and you'll have more folks engaged. Also some folks do use drop in coils commonly in Ni but more and more SS. Ti has some very good qualities, but you'll be fighting an uphill battle getting TC vapers to spend time on a channel devoted to Ti, even if they're full time TC vapers like me.

Good luck and I hope it takes off!!

I'm going to check your channel out. I like the idea of reviews and discussions from a TC perspective. Nobody really does that.

My only suggestion is to be open to relying on SS. It's more mainstream and you'll have more folks engaged. Also some folks do use drop in coils commonly in Ni but more and more SS. Ti has some very good qualities, but you'll be fighting an uphill battle getting TC vapers to spend time on a channel devoted to Ti, even if they're full time TC vapers like me.

Good luck and I hope it takes off!!
Thanks! means a lot to me :) Will definitely be keeping SS in mind, as many local vapers here live by SS as well, videos will be made with Ti and SS in mind, but Ni is hard to work with! Have known two guys who dry-burned nickel and had nickel poisoning not long after.. not even kidding :( . Channel is solely TC but Ti is our preferred choice, while recommending SS for those who prefer hassle-free builds ;)

Looking forward to seeing more TC vapers soon!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
but a wire brush also works well

I see that a lot, and not just with Ti coils. My problem with jut using a brush is that you can only clean the top of the coil, not the sides or bottom. This is why I use heat to burn off what I can.

However, in addition to this I have also used various disposable dental picks to get inside and underneath the coil such as:

s-l1000.jpg

OR

rBVaEFcZzXKAAnucAAJlL696Svw238.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread