New vaper health concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deanna carpenter

Apr 7, 2020
Hello everyone. I have been vaping for almost exactly a month now. I am having a bit of an issue and need some advice. First off I wanna say, when this started I went to the hospital because I thought something was wrong and they did a FULL workup of tests including blood urine chest x-ray ekg the whole 9 yards all tests came back perfectly normal. I have been having an extremely tight chest that started literally 2 days after I started vaping. My blood ox was perfect so I know I'm breathing fine but it feels like someone's standing on my chest. After doing some research I found it is most likely linked to vaping. I saw on this site that many many people have the same issue for one reason it another. My question is, how long after I stop vaping have the symptoms stopped in most people. The doctor can't find another wrong with me so it's gotta be from vaping. I haven't touched my vape since last night and it's definately a little better but I still have some of the symptoms. Can someone please please give me some advice and or input. I'd really appreciate it

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Deanna. Here's almost exactly a months worth of claps on the back. :thumb:

What kind of vaping device are you using? Are you using store bought e-juice, or do you mix up your own? What is, or do you know what is, the PG/VG ratio? Your issue could be due to too high a VG percentage.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm vaping 70/30

I assume the 70/30 is VG/PG

I assumed she went with your initial order

what is, the PG/VG ratio?

@Deanna carpenter please eliminate all confusion and post your ratios as follows...
    "70VG/30PG"
    or
    "70PG/30VG"

Since some put the PG before the VG and some put the VG before the PG, it gets too confusing.

You you can also just use one as we can figure the other easily. Like...
    "70PG"
    or
    "70VG"

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I have been vaping for slightly more than 5 1/2 years, and I've never had a similar experience that you are having. However, I have never vaped a liquid with more than a 50% VG ratio. In fact, after I started, I quickly moved to a 75/25 PG/VG e-liquid. This had nothing to do with a 'maybe too much VG' thing though. It's possible also that your body isn't used to just PG, VG, nicotine, and flavors, and you are experiencing a type of 'cigarette withdrawal'.

Last edited:
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Deanna carpenter

Apr 7, 2020
    I never knew there was a such thing. This is like a double edged sword. I broke down and put a nic patch on for now until this tightness stops and then I'm gonna get a lower juice and to from there. I just don't know why it's still happening after 18 hours of using the vape. I saw so many threads with people who it happened to but I couldn't reply so I had to make a new thread and hope I can get some info. Thank you for the info. The sensation is causing panic attacks because it scares me

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I never knew there was a such thing. This is like a double edged sword.
    Oh there is, and the cigarette side of the sword is sharper for some than others. There are thousands of chemicals in an unlit cigarette, and that number increases when it's lit.

Deanna carpenter

Apr 7, 2020
    Could be another underlying condition that is aggravated by stress @Deanna carpenter, as times recently have become very stressful indeed.

Did you have a full neurological assessment though during your hospital admission?
    I am having anxiety from the stress but other than that it was mostly blood work full panal urine chest x-ray ekg

• Informative
    Reactions: Mordacai

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I've gotten similar symptoms since the first week I started vaping.

For me, it is without any doubt a sensitivity to Vg.
    Anything above 50% Vg and a few to maybe a dozen vapes causes symptoms, even vaping too much too frequently of 50% I can have some reaction to.

For me, best described as shortness of breath, building to a tight chest, then up to difficult to take a normal breath, up to an elephant standing on my chest difficult to take a breath.

I know several that have similar sensitivities to Vg, many need to stay below 30% Vg to be able to vape.

Deanna carpenter

Apr 7, 2020
    I've gotten similar symptoms since the first week I started vaping.

For me, it is without any doubt a sensitivity to Vg.
    Anything above 50% Vg and a few to maybe a dozen vapes causes symptoms, even vaping too much too frequently of 50% I can have some reaction to.

For me, best described as shortness of breath, building to a tight chest, then up to difficult to take a normal breath, up to an elephant standing on my chest difficult to take a breath.

I know several that have similar sensitivities to Vg, many need to stay below 30% Vg to be able to vape.
    That is EXACTLY what I feel. Like . Like my husband kept asking me what it felt like and thats exactly what I feel. When you changed your liquid did it take a day or 2 for it to stop or was it immediately

Deanna carpenter

Apr 7, 2020
    I don't see anywhere here where the OP says what kind of device she is using, what strength nicotine. Getting too focused on VG/PG ratio isn't always the answer.
    I am using 3 nic and I believe it's aeges mini not sure of the spelling. I don't know much about it yet so not sure exactly the model or anything

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I don't see anywhere here where the OP says what kind of device she is using, what strength nicotine. Getting too focused on VG/PG ratio isn't always the answer.
    True. It does sound like a VG thing though, although device/nic strength/smoking time span info would be helpful.

• Love
    Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread