The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Vaper in Tampa Bay area FL

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Sundowner750, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sundowner750

Sundowner750 Full Member

Hey Guys and Gals,
    New Vaper here in Pinellas Park, FL. Been smoking for over 20 years and now started my migration to E-cigs. I am about 4 weeks into transition and I still smoke an analog here and there. (more here than there). Got the Wife started on the e-cig habit as well.
    I will probably have a ton of Questions for the Vet Vapers here. (After Searching the Website of Course)

Wife and I are running Ego Battery powered Sticks currently
    She is using a Evod tank from Lizard Juice with a battery from Purple Flame Vapor (At the wagon Wheel Flea Market)
    I am running a Combo of a Evod Tank (with 26 mg menthol) and a CE4 (with 16 mg) and a Ego Battery from smokers Vapor

She is completely happy with her set up (minus the color of the Evod Tank)
    Me I am more inclined to the Mods and getting away from the Ego Pen Battery to something a little more heftier.

Nothing against the Setup I am running now- but i would like to have a little more control over what i can do with this thing and a little sportiness with it.

Why am I running two different Levels in two different tanks? I am trying to find that sweet spot So I can throw the Analogs out the window entirely
    I am totally happy to be here and look forward to gaining some insight and being able to contribute to the community

2. DorsaiMaster

DorsaiMaster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Lynchburg, Virginia
    Welcome to ECF! This is a great place to get all of your questions answered and more information than you can handle. Glad that you are both choosing to make the transition.

3. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Hello and Welcome to ECF

Congrats to You and the Wife on switching to vaping
    Ego's are a great starting point many even stay with them some move on to more advanced devices as You want to do, either way ECF is a great place to gather info, opinions and experiences from others to help You decide on what You may want to do.
    The Evod tanks come in many colors, look around I'm sure You can find one She will like better.

4. Sundowner750

Sundowner750 Full Member

thanks for the warm welcomes. the only reason she has my backup tank is that I broke my red Evod- and I went back to mt CE4 for now. I was smart and yanked the bottom of the Evod and kept it. I know a couple of places that carry the Evod she wants in light pink I just got to grab it and Swap the Base over from her Black tank

5. DaBucs

DaBucs Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Orlando, Fl
  6. vernhall

vernhall Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    Congrats to you both and welcome to ECF! There're tons of folk here who can answer your questions and get you headed in the direction you want to go...

I'm just a bit So of you in Venice... Been vaping since the first of the year (quit smoking in 3 days) and haven't looked back since... IMO, if you're looking for a decent mod you might want to try a Vamo - an inexpensive (and regardless of what you might hear, in my opinion and experience, quite reliable) mod $31.19 Vamo V2 Variable Voltage Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping ... And a place to keep an eye on is FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics ... They're out of China, but their shipping isn't bad (about 10 days or so to FL in my experience) and their Customer Service and Prices are superb!! Another place to keep an eye on for bargains and the latest goodies is http://.........blogspot.com/ ... A State-side spot with decent prices on gear and a super selection of juices is E Cig eGo, E juice, Mods, Cartomizers, Liquid Nicotine, DIY Flavorings ...

7. OlDogNewTricks

OlDogNewTricks Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    Venice, FL
    Welcome from a fellow sun coast vaper. Nice to meet you. You will find a wealth of information and support here. I imagine that what you mean bu two different levels in the two tanks is the voltage? If so, that is most likely because the coils/wicks in the two have different resistances. The higher the resistance, the higher the voltage you will need for the same amount of output (wattage). Here Ohm's Law Calculations With Power is a good chart that makes the selection easy. Personally, I find that 8 watts is my preferred vape. Experience will show you yours. It also differs based on the juice. Vaping has a steeper learning curve than analogs did. That's have the fun for me. Good luck and have fun!

8. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Something else to think about,, the stems/coils for the evod, once they need replacing do not throw them out. Hang on to them they can be rebuilt some folks rebuild them others just buy new ones, but if You ever do decide to rebuild them then You will have a working stock.

9. _Lee

_Lee Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2013
    FLA
    Hey Sundowner! You are right down the street from me!

I've been meaning to check out the Wagon wheel. How are the selections? I see you went to Lizard juice as well. The 4th ST store is right by me.

anywho, as the others have said there is a lot of info here. I have purchased quite a few things from pandaecigs.com and the prices are good. Litecigusa.com, madvapes.com and myvaporstore.com are also great vendors.

If you have the same juice in different mg levels, you can mix for a custom nic level. 18 too weak and 24 too strong? mix equally for a nice 21mg.

10. rietherll

rietherll Full Member

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
  11. Sundowner750

Sundowner750 Full Member

looks like today is bookmark day for me!
    I been sitting here and i have noticed something the 16 mg in the CE4/5 I got hits harder than the 26 mg in the Evod tank.
    I am thinking that the power requirement for the standard Evod is higher than the CE and I am not getting a good Vape off of it.

Looking at the stores site- my knock off Ego battery is 900 mAh Battery. It pushes the CE fine, its the Evod I am worrying about

12. Sundowner750

Sundowner750 Full Member

While at Wagon Wheel I did see alot of Ecig vendors. I purposely stayed away from the ones that look like the Blu Setups (trying to break a hand habit.) My wife got her Battery from a Dealer there
    here's the web address to their online store The Violet Flame - Your one stop shop for your e-cigarette needs
    I was just there and they are re-designing their site. These Guys rock- they wont sell stuff they wont use. Which is really cool in my book

13. _Lee

_Lee Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2013
    FLA
    I will check them out, thanks.

As for the evod, the ohm/resistance of the cool could be the issue. If it is 2.0 or higher, you get a lighter hit. 1.8 ohms is where it's at IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

14. Sundowner750

Sundowner750 Full Member

While On the way to work, I popped into the Tobacco Road on Park Blvd. They had a Eco-C Twist that i snatched up and put the Evod on it. 29.xx out the door, and now my Evod is hitting like my CE-5. I am currently working on the voltage to get the optimal hit with the new setup

15. venemous

venemous Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Pinellas Park, FL
    Congrats on making the switch to vaping!Good to see more local vapers too!

Of the 3 shops on park blvd, I like revolution the best, decent prices at least. I'll go here if I need juice and can't wait for an online order. Hardware prices aren't too bad either. Tobacco road and smokers vapor are INSANE on their juice pricing. Smokers vapor is also selling all clone clearos for 3-4x internet prices.

Best local shop I've found is Skycastle Vapes on gulf to bay across from the original hooters. Juice is pricey, but from boutique vendors (pink spot and one other), decent selection of hardware (including mechs and rebuildables), only place I've found cartos locally and they appear to be the only local place that actually has a clue about this stuff.

16. Daryl Glen

Daryl Glen Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Titusville, FL, USA
    Welcome!
    Being a fellow Floridian, I can tell you that a Flea Market is a good place to go and take a look at items in person, but if they are anything like the Flea Markets near Orlando, they are WAY more expensive to buy stuff there. You can save money by purchasing the same products online.

I know, it's nice to support local vendors, and I do make a point to do that at some of the B&M stores within driving distance of me, but when you are trying to find stuff you like, overspending is never fun!!

17. Sundowner750

Sundowner750 Full Member

Yeah, The only real point I have of the B&M's now if i need a part and cant wait the extra time for an item to ship via online ordering. With the wife's rig running good and mine is running where i want it now- now the online world opens up for cheaper parts. I just cleaned my CE-5 and dried it out and now it is in the drawer with my now growing spare parts (thinking I will be getting a small fishing tackle box in the future to keep everything strait and carry my multimeter)

Now to play with juice...

18. Sundowner750

Sundowner750 Full Member

where is revolution? I never heard of it.
    Of all the shops i know in the immediate area are Smokervapors, Tobacco Road, (on Park BLVD) and Tobacco Depot and Lizard Juice on 4th St. in St Pete so Far. is that the one near Amscot and 43rd?

19. Daryl Glen

Daryl Glen Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Titusville, FL, USA
    I got a box from target to keep my wife and my vape gear in. It cost about $10. You can see what I'm talking about here:Storing E Liquid and Vape Gear - YouTube
    But a small tackle box is a great thing for traveling!
    And I'm jealous of all the B&M stores you guys have around you! I have to drive about 45 minutes to get to the closest one to me. That's why I order mostly everything online, unless there's a sale or I am desperate!!

20. Sundowner750

Sundowner750 Full Member

Nice Vid Daryl, :thumb: and a couple new links to add to my already large bookmark tab :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.