New vaper need suggestions on VV settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
The voltage you use is dependent on what resistance your coils are. The protank comes with a little chart of recommended settings for the best vape experience, that's a good starting point. When I try a new flavor on a new coil, I'll usually start at 3.7 volts and work my way up in 0.1 increments until I hit the sweet spot of flavor and vapor production.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The majority of vapors, statistically, use a wattage setting between 5 - 7 watts.

Voltage-wise, a simple formula is to take the ohm of the heating coil and add the number "2". (ie 2.0 ohm + 2 = 4 volts) That will be an ideal "starting point". Adjust lower or higher to taste.

I tend to set my voltage to the specific flavor that I happen to be vaping. I start with a lower voltage and work my way up in increments until I begin to taste a little burnt flavor, then I back down about 0.4 volts. I've found fruit flavors are best in lower voltage and others in a mid-range of 3.8 - 4.4 volts. I very rarely go higher than 4.5 volts.

I use a Provari (regulated mod) and typically use a resistance 2.5 - 3.0 ohms.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Start at the lowest settings, and crank it up slowly until the vape is full and tasty (on burnt flavor).
Depends a lot on your juice and tastes, keeping as low as possible without losing vapor will make your heads last longer and taste better.

Lower settings might also increase battery longevity (time between charges).

palaceofhate

Jul 5, 2013
WI, USA
I have a v3 as well, For kanger heads I use 1.8ohm coils and run at 4w pretty consistently. For rebuilds it varies, but I usually run in the 6-8w range for those (they average 1.5 ohm as I am using a Vamo primarily). You can change from voltage to wattage mode by holding the 2 small buttons and then clicking the left button on the '1. Power Voltage' screen until it says 'Power Output'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread