Not open for further replies.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Hey peeps,

There is a new vaper in our midst that is interested in the REOs (must be a right sensible person, no? ;)). I think he may be a bit shy to ask his questions amongst such a large group. Very understandable, especially for someone who does not know how kind and helpful the REOkin are ;)

I was rebuilding coils before I found my way into REOville so I do not know what to recommend for this person. He's asked me what I would recommend in terms of a full kit to get started with the least amount of hassle. Obviously I know the REO basics but I have not a clue what's the best carto to recommend or if there is something better than the cartos I am unaware of.

So for those of you who are very familiar with what's out there that involves no rebuilding.. just attach it, fill the bottle, insert the battery, give it a squonk and vape away... What do you recommend?

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
The cartos and attys from Reosmods are probably among the lowest cost solutions. It turned out i don't like cartos, but the atties were ok. Many swear by cartos tho.

In increasing cost order i thought the following were good: hybrid atty from Vapage (wait for a 50% off sale), cisco spec atty from avid vaper, HH357 also from av.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
My computer is slow, and I KNOW people will beat me to this, but these really are quite nice, and there's no better place to get them than on Rob's site - http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=764&category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3.

For attys, I like Cisco spec lr 510 and 306 attys and the bridgeless 510 lr attys from empiremods.com.. I'll come back to add the links to this post. I've got my RM2, but I've been happy as a clam with these on the mini, the Grand, and the VVG. :toast: to your buddy!

I still kinda have a soft spot for the 306 Cisco specs, if I had to choose - Cisco LR306 Atomizer + Drip Tip Special - Avid Vaper

But, from Empire Mods, the 510s are better. They're real cheap, and, for some reason, I've consistently had GREAT luck with them - Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.5ohm. I know that Gil and RHP are big fans of these, too.

Last edited:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
The cartos and attys from Reosmods are probably among the lowest cost solutions. It turned out i don't like cartos, but the atties were ok. Many swear by cartos tho.

In increasing cost order i thought the following were good: hybrid atty from Vapage (wait for a 50% off sale), cisco spec atty from avid vaper, HH357 also from av.

Thanks everyone :)

What is the difference between a carto and an atty?

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Maybe 306 LR attys. The problem with cartos and attys is that they get the juice and air from the same connection. There's really no good way to avoid getting some juice in the dripwell, that's why it's there in the first place. A 910 atty a drip shield might work, but I'm not sure. I think I have a few around somewhere. If I can find them I'll give them a try and report back. An RBA is really the most hassle free way to go. Building a coil seems like a hassle compared to just screwing something on. But there is more than just screwing it on, you actually do more fiddling trying to avoid dry hits but not flooding while minimizing a juicy dripwell. Not to mention hoping the draw is how you like it.when you finally do get it figured out and how you like it, it's probably about time to replace it or go through a cleaning routine and starting back at square one. All in the name of hassle-free! Oh and did I mention the vape will never be as good as the RBA's?

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
So the person Stat was talking about is me :p Alot of this info is still really confusing to me. Basically I know the REO comes with the REO Grand, 2 6ml bottles. So i would need to purchase a couple batteries(i have a charger) and i guess the only other thing is the atomizer? Do they come with a mouthpiece? Or would it be wise to purchase a seperate one more to my liking? Id appreciate any info guys. Im just trying to make this simple without alot of confusion.

Cheers, Matt

lostknitter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Lee's Summit, MO
I used Boge 2.0 LR Cartos before I got my REOmizer. They are super simple. Just screw it on the REO, blind squonk a couple of times and you are ready. They don't need to be pre-filled, but some may prefer to do it that way. They are VERY forgiving, I never had problems with juice in the well unless I happened to get a bad carto. The difference between a carto and atty, is the carto has a filling that holds the juice, some will hold quite a bit of juice, unlike an atty which if it gets too much juice is flooded. I think the cartos are more forgiving than attys for someone who is just starting out (regarding flooding). I used to get mine at Crystal Clear Vape, the 15 carto deal was pretty cheap.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
So the person Stat was talking about is me :p Alot of this info is still really confusing to me. Basically I know the REO comes with the REO Grand, 2 6ml bottles. So i would need to purchase a couple batteries(i have a charger) and i guess the only other thing is the atomizer? Do they come with a mouthpiece? Or would it be wise to purchase a seperate one more to my liking? Id appreciate any info guys. Im just trying to make this simple without alot of confusion.

Cheers, Matt

Welcome! Glad you showed up. :)

Yes on batteries. 3 would be good to rotate.
If you use cartos or atties you will need a drip tip of some sort. Some places sell cartos that have a really crappy tip attached. Like one that comes with cig-a-likes. So yes, on the drip tip.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Maybe 306 LR attys. The problem with cartos and attys is that they get the juice and air from the same connection. There's really no good way to avoid getting some juice in the dripwell, that's why it's there in the first place. A 910 atty a drip shield might work, but I'm not sure. I think I have a few around somewhere. If I can find them I'll give them a try and report back. An RBA is really the most hassle free way to go. Building a coil seems like a hassle compared to just screwing something on. But there is more than just screwing it on, you actually do more fiddling trying to avoid dry hits but not flooding while minimizing a juicy dripwell. Not to mention hoping the draw is how you like it.when you finally do get it figured out and how you like it, it's probably about time to replace it or go through a cleaning routine and starting back at square one. All in the name of hassle-free! Oh and did I mention the vape will never be as good as the RBA's?

I keep hearing this, and I'm gonna try my hand at it at long last, but I don't have any hassle anymore with either the shorty cartos or my attys. The cartos are %100 idiot-proof, and, if you're going out, you can fill a bunch ahead of time in no time, flat. Because they're so short, you can squonk to juice 'em up again on go, too. The flavor is the truest with the 306 attys, and that just takes a bit of practice with your squonk technique to master. I give them a vodka soak and rinse to clean them up when they start to get gunky, and they're good to go again. Maybe I was just blessed by the squonking gods, or something:laugh:? I've always described my primitive, RBA-free REO vaping as hassle-free to folks who've asked me about it. But, happy as I am with my set-up, you've all finally convinced me to spread my intimidated little wings...especially since Statistic blinded me with science;)!

(ETA - ^ Hadn't seen you post yet, Matt...welcome!)

Last edited:

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana

Cheers, Matt

Maybe get an atty or two and a box of cartos along with a drip tip and you should be good to go. It seems confusing reading about it, but once you have them in your hands things will start making sense.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Maybe get an atty or two and a box of cartos along with a drip tip and you should be good to go. It seems confusing reading about it, but once you have them in your hands things will start making sense.

Definitely excellent advice!

The reason you buy more cartos is because they typically don't last as long as attys. By following unloaded's advice you'll have enough of each to determine which way you want to go.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
welcome_027.jpg

Sorry about the slow computer, but one more :toast:! You're going to LOVE it, I promise! I'd really try both the shorty cartos AND a couple lr attys to see what you like (the link I included from Avid comes with two attys and a drip tip, but spend the extra $1.50 for the XL drip tip if you go with the 306). Since you're Statistic's buddy, though, I've got a feeling you're going to master the RM2 pretty quick. But please feel free to ask ANY other questions along the way because we're all eager to make sure that you're thrilled with your REO:vapor:!

ETA - Wow! New record for redundancy, here, but I meant well:oops:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread