The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Vapor E-Liquid advice

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Chimney34, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello again everyone! So while I'm patiently awaiting the delivery of my first e-cig I thought I'd ask for some advice on e-liquid. What & who are the best flavors & sellers for e-liquid? I am currently a pack a day newport smoker & am looking to wing myself off or at min...drastically reduce the amount of cigarettes I smoke. I'm totally new to this so if anyone has any recommendations on nic levels & pg/vg mixtures I would greatly appreciate it. My starter kit will probably arrive tues or wed & I'm hoping to make what's left of my carton of cigarettes the last carton I ever buy! I have 8 packs left lol. Also who has awesome sample kits? I love coffee & would love to try some of those flavors but I'm not to sure about the fruity flavors. I did order extra tanks so that I could switch them out if I want something other than menthol. Ohhhh...and I keep seeing a lot of talk about cleaning tanks...what's the best way to do this incase I get something I don't like but still want to use the tank?

Also I just want to thank everyone on this forum for all of your help & advice! After weeks of driving myself insane I'm sooooo happy I found this site!!

All advice is appreciated!! Thanks again!

Just wanted to thank all of you guys for your help! I checked out some of the places everyone recommended! I think I'm gonna try Johnson's Creek first because of their different size sample packs! I also found a spot about 30 mins away that gives free samples on the weekend if you bring your own tank! Please keep me posted if anyone finds any amazing flavors!

2. Johnnie Price

Johnnie Price Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    ecblends sells 5 mil bottles for $2.50 at whatever flavor and pg/vg ratios you like. Many vendors will sell a 4-pack sampler for about $10.00, but it's usually at their house blend (generally a 50/50 mix at 1.2%).

A pack a day smoker, you'll probably want 1.8% or more to start.

3. Lespaul

Lespaul Full Member

Hi Chimney 34. You will see I have fewer posts than you because I just joined today. I have been vaping and analog free for 10 weeks though. Was a pack and half a day smoker and quit the same day I bought my equipment. I carry 3 different flavors with me every day and use 24mg. I think the variety of flavors lets you keep your nicotine level up without getting tired of one taste. I have helped some friends convert and they all seem to like AVE Gorilla juice the most. I like Gorilla Juice and Boba's Bounty from AVE. I have also had good luck with Heathers Heavenly Vapors tobacco line. They also have good sample packs but they are 12mg so be sure to have something stronger on hand. I do like their Caramel Cappuccino. I clean my tanks once a week with just hot water. You can scratch the gunk off the coil with a knife and rinse. Good luck.

4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Just some general statements:

Vape as much as you like. When you crave for a cigarette, vape harder and more frequently. Over a few days the desire for a cigarette should decline sharply. If you decide to allow yourself cigarettes while you start vaping, just be sure to vape more than you smoke, and do try to limit them as time moves on. Remember, its not the cigs that you smoked, its the ones that you didn't.

Realize that your taste buds have been damaged from years of smoking, so many of your flavors may appear to be muted for a few weeks until your taste buds have healed.

To assist in tasting your flavors, exhale some of the vapor out through your nose. Our sense of taste is closely related to our sense of smell. You'll understand this if you recall that foods taste bland when you have a head cold.

Drink plenty of water, as vaping can cause dry mouth and dehydration. Dry mouth can contribute to not being able to taste flavors.

It's generally recommended to buy sampler packs from new vendors if offered. Don't waste money on larger bottles of juice that you may not like. Once you find flavors that you like, order more in a larger quantity.

Most vendors offer e-juices in a 50/50 pg/vg mix. Some offer different ratios depending on customer preferences. Some people are sensitive to pg.

Pg generally holds flavor the best and has some "throat hit" value. Vg generally provides more vapor production. Organic flavors are sometimes offered, these allegedly have no artifical flavoring.

Some e-juices flavors require some steeping time. If a flavor tastes "off", put it away for a week or two and then revisit it. Juices that have birth date printed on the label are a hint that they will benefit from steeping.

For a pack per day smoker, 18mg to 24mg nicotine strength sounds about right to start.

Many experienced vapors like to test new flavors by direct dripping onto an atomizer. I myself never cared for that method. Instead I use ce3's. These are sort of a hybrid clearomizer-cartomizer that are reusable and only hold enough liquid needed to test out a flavor. The older ones required a needle/syringe to fill/empty; newer one you just remove the top.

phoenix.jpg ce2-1.jpg ce2.jpg

Coffee flavors are my flavor niche. I can recommend Copper Creek's Coffee flavor as a black dark roasted coffee flavor. If you prefer it to have a little cream and sugar I recommend adding some Sweet Cream from My Freedom Smokes.

My all time favorite flavor is Virgin Vapor's Kona Velvet Milkshake. It has a smooth and rich mocha frappe flavor.

I also highly recommend Vaperite's Organic Double Espresso and Organic Kona Cream.

Organically Flavored E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Vaperite | E Liquid Flavors and Organic E Cigarette Liquid

Copper Creek Coffee

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/e-liquid/drink-flavors/sweet-cream-e-liquid-new-flavor/

5. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    Vape Dudes is great for newcomers, since it offers a 40% coupon off of your first offer. My favorite vendors at the moment include Ahlusion, Orb Vapor, Heather's Heavenly Vapes, and Fuzion Vaper. I haven't had a bad a e-liquid from Ahlusion or Orb, while I've liked most of what I've had from HHV and Fuzion.

6. john333

john333 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Dark City Vaper has some excellent coffee flavors. I got their sample pack and vaped every one. Most other sample packs i've got i still have. Thats how i tell if its a vendor i'll revisit. Some other vendors i like are Vermillion River and Ms T's Bakery. If you click on Forum Suppliers at the top of the page here you'll see all the supplier banners. Welcome to the chase.

7. bob1960

bob1960 Full Member Verified Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Wisconsin
    If you search youtube, there are many video reviews of various juices and devices, as well as advanced topics like rebuilding tanks/ mixing your own e-juice, ect.
    One reviewer I found to have useful info for a beginner is pbusardo. He has a good site with reviews/info/limited juice suppliers/ cost comparison charts/ ect. He was the 2nd place I looked for info.
    tasteyourjuice.com/
    Congrats on starting to vape, and joining the community.

8. bob1960

bob1960 Full Member Verified Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Wisconsin
    link not working for me, forgot how to format it. LOL

9. 18SixFifty

18SixFifty Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2012
    Michigan
    Sample packs are a good way to start. I would also buy a couple atomizers and drip the samples. An atomizer is easy to clean just hold under a hot stream of water and then air dry. Dripping gives about the most pure flavor you can find. I would also suggest that you try some cinnamon flavors/mixes. I smoked Kools for decades, however I have never found a menthol that I like to vape very much. However cinnamon seems to work great as a replacement. I have been vaping for over three years. It will be four after the first of the year.

Also keep in mind that you will have days when you first start vaping that nothing seems to taste right. Don't worry it happens to all of us.

Good luck and happy vaping.

10. DizGrizz

DizGrizz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2012
    Near Austin, TX
    Welcome to the ECF, Chimney34!

Two things to always keep in mind:
    1 - Taste is very subjective. Those juices I like you might detest and vise versa. Also, what I taste in a juice might be completely different from what another vaper gets out of it. Just don't assume that vaper X says it's good that you will like it...you might...you might not. You kinda have to go with their description of the taste and see if that sounds appealing...if so, might be worth a sample.
    2 - There is no juice out there that tastes like a cigarette. You just can't reproduce burning plant matter with a vaporized juice. That said, there are many tobacco flavors out there that many find quite satisfying. Since your a Newport smoker, I'd look for menthol juices that people seem to like. Check out the e-liquid reviews forum E-Liquid Reviews

11. DizGrizz

DizGrizz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2012
    Near Austin, TX
    Oh yeah...don't put cinnamon or citrus juice in any tank or clearo that uses poly-carbonate for the tank...it will destroy it. Polypropylene is generally safer but glass is the ultimate for such juices...or just a plain cartomizer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.