New - Varitube X - the Varitube V 2.0! Increased Amp limit - resistance check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazoo

Oct 15, 2011
San Antonio Texas
I have one question! I am waiting patiently for someone to come out with these new "lavatubes" in the stainless steel.
I really want that 4amp rated switch, but I'm also willing to pay a little extra for the sturdier construction and sleekness of the stainless steel. So the question is, when can we expect ya'll to have the Varitube X in SS?

I will probably be ordering one of these next Tuesday when I get paid, praying to god you don't run out of stock. But I would definitely order a second one in SS.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I have one question! I am waiting patiently for someone to come out with these new "lavatubes" in the stainless steel.
I really want that 4amp rated switch, but I'm also willing to pay a little extra for the sturdier construction and sleekness of the stainless steel. So the question is, when can we expect ya'll to have the Varitube X in SS?

I will probably be ordering one of these next Tuesday when I get paid, praying to god you don't run out of stock. But I would definitely order a second one in SS.

Firstly, I want to let you know the Varitube SS is chrome plated brass - it's much sturdier, but it's not made of stainless steel.

We have the ability now to get a Varitube X in chrome, but it's the same aluminum as the original varitube, and does not have the same top floating pin as the SS would have - so we're working on more improvements rather than just offering the chrome color in plated aluminum - which wouldn't be any more sturdy really.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
Hope you Enjoy :)

I've have it almost a week now, and I'm thrilled! I also own an LT1.0, and this thing is certainly a good improvement.

* The resistance check feature is great, and seems fairly accurate (though I haven't checked it against a calibrated meter), it is good enough for me.

* It has handled every carto I've thrown at it, including the beloved 1.5ohm dual coil in a 6ml tank, with flying colors and tons of delicious taste.

* The voltage settings seem a little closer to reality based on my experience with the same cartos on other devices. Either way they act as a good guide and am totally happy with this too.

* Seems to hit better on any given carto than the LT1 (not matching voltage settings since I know they don't match across units, just trying to dial each in for best flavor/vapor production that I prefer by stepping voltage .1v at a time; easier to find good settings on the new Varitube X)

* The annoying drop-off that happens with the LT1 towards the end of the battery charge looks to either be fixed or greatly reduced! Since the voltage is now shown in a little 'battery icon' with 4 bars, instead of an actual voltage reading, it's hard to know exactly when this one is at the same point as the LT1. I can say though that when the LT1 hits 3.6 or below, vapor production plummets and it begins gurgling/leaking due to unvaporized juices. With the same carto, on the Varitube X, with only 1 of the 4 battery bars lit, and vaping it for quite awhile, it just seems to stop rather than give that half-assed vape that the LT1 tries to. This is my favorite improvement, other than the increase in limit to 4amps.

I have only one suggestion to you; Include a printed sheet of instructions on quick steps to use the mod. When I received the unit, charged up the batteries, and put one in, I could not for the life of me figure out how to turn it on. It did not work the same as the LT1 when first inserting new batteries. For about 10 minutes, I feared I had a bad unit and began to become bummed out... A while later, after trial and error, mashing random sequences of buttons, tapping or holding them, I accidentally got it on. That was great until next battery change. I finally discovered by trial and error again that I had to hit the 'power/show' button 5 or 6 times really rapidly (at first, I wasn't doing it rapidly enough, and only figured out by accident that this worked.) Only yesterday did I see a listing on another website for this product which had full instructions listed on the site itself (which I suggest you also do.) I now see that a reviewer has since mentioned this in the comments on the product page, but I still think you should add to product description.)

Well there's my 2 cents; hope this helps someone who is thinking about it. My opinion is, Go for it!!

klstreet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Interlochen, MI
So I got my Varitube X and it worked fine for a couple of days but now no matter what tank carto or atty I put on it, it reads 0.0 ohms and sayus low when I go to vape, is there some way to like reset it? or should I submit a help ticket and possibly get it replaced? it still seems to work, but it justy bugs me I guess

On the other hand I do love this thing! vapes like a beast and I love being able to adjust to my different cartos and attys and juices

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
It sounds like there is a short in the device at the atomizer connection. Put in a support ticket and the customer service team can help you to fix or replace it.

So I got my Varitube X and it worked fine for a couple of days but now no matter what tank carto or atty I put on it, it reads 0.0 ohms and sayus low when I go to vape, is there some way to like reset it? or should I submit a help ticket and possibly get it replaced? it still seems to work, but it justy bugs me I guess

On the other hand I do love this thing! vapes like a beast and I love being able to adjust to my different cartos and attys and juices

klstreet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Interlochen, MI
I thought it might be a short too i was just confused as to why it still vapes so well with a short. I did over fill the carto in my tank a couple times is there a way to remove the top cap without tearing it up and clean everything up to see if thats it? Ill submit a help ticket tonight after work though and thank you for the reply

glauserjg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
buffalo,ny
I purchased my Varitube x and was very happy with it until about 12 days after purchase; I am having the problem where all my tanks, Cartos, and atty's read as 00 Ohms and get the low warning when trying to fire. Non of them will fire at all. Occasinally i can get a random fire but that is it. I put a ticket in and hope to hear back soon. My order id is 12378. Have there been many issues with this situation? I read about at least two other people with the same problem. The Varitube X is a great product and I loved it until yesterday. Hopefully it is just an isolated unit (I believe it is as all manufactured device have an acceptable failure rate) that will be taken care of.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I purchased my Varitube x and was very happy with it until about 12 days after purchase; I am having the problem where all my tanks, Cartos, and atty's read as 00 Ohms and get the low warning when trying to fire. Non of them will fire at all. Occasinally i can get a random fire but that is it. I put a ticket in and hope to hear back soon. My order id is 12378. Have there been many issues with this situation? I read about at least two other people with the same problem. The Varitube X is a great product and I loved it until yesterday. Hopefully it is just an isolated unit (I believe it is as all manufactured device have an acceptable failure rate) that will be taken care of.

this would be the first one with an issue like this since we changed the chip set.

If you put in a support ticket, someone on the customer service team should be taking care of it for you.

glauserjg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
buffalo,ny
this would be the first one with an issue like this since we changed the chip set.

If you put in a support ticket, someone on the customer service team should be taking care of it for you.

They did indeed take care of me in a quick and effecient manner :) just want to let everyone know this is an A+ vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread