The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New VIP S.G. Members Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'VIP - Vaping in Phoenix' started by Hellen A. Handbasket, Aug 19, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WerewolfalThor

WerewolfalThor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Sounds really cool. We'll see if we can make it. I work from 0430 - 1500 four days a week so I usually go to bed early. Plus we have a 3 year old and a 5 month old so going out is a pretty rare occurrence. I got the kit at Vapor Vortex on Indian School Rd. It's a pretty small shop but they were REALLY friendly and knowledgeable. I only wish they would have said something when I asked for 24mg juice when they said they didn't have the flavor I wanted in lower nic levels. I've been trying to vape it and it feels extremely harsh. I'm going to push through it until the bottles are half empty and then cut them with some low low low nic juice from the same shop. Either that or I'm going to get some no nic VG from walmart like another member suggested in the eRoll forum.
    I just ordered some eLiquid from DFW Vapor that I'm pretty excited about. Coffee (that had really good reviews), Big Red (red cream soda), Hawaiian Punch, and SLURM (imagineered from Futurama) all in 8mg strength.
    I'm also thinking about visiting some of the shops that are near me in South Chandler that have been mentioned. We'll see.

2. davelog

davelog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    I know Vapor Vortex, that's a great little shop. Chris'll take good care of you there.

We have a thread here where we keep track of all the local shops, if you have some in your neck of the woods that aren't listed, please tell us about them so we can keep that thread accurate. With new shops opening up more frequently these days, staying current can be a daunting task!

3. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Nah, it was from that thread that I found the one I was thinking of going to. But while I was at Wal-Mart looking for VG to cut my 24mg juices with I found the DIY thread here and now I may be in REAL trouble LOL. I'll need to look around some more but we shall see. I also found a little box to carry my spare tanks and an extra atty for my eRoll at Wal-Mart. It's just a clear plastic case that safety pins come in but it holds up to 6 spare tanks and two atty's. Not bad at all.

4. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    Right on, DIY's a blast and a good way to save money. Check out ABC Cake Supply just up Indian School from Vortex, about 29th street - they have like 40 different LorAnn and Wilton flavors which make pretty good juice. There's also a Sprout's across the street from there where you can score VG for about 8 bucks/240ml.

*edit: sounds like you need a Bottle Buddy, they're great for carrying extra supplies and take very little pocket room. Come to our next meet and I'll toss one your way, we bought a bulk order of them for raffle prizes and such.

5. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    There's a Hobby Lobby about 4.5 miles away from my house as well as a Michael's Hobby Supply about .4 miles away from that. They have a selection of LorAnn flavoring oils as well. Doesn't look like a wide selection, but I may check it out. My online order from DFW has already shipped so I'm hoping to be vaping some Red Cream Soda on Saturday! If they're any good I'll be sure to pass it along.

6. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    Read the labels carefully - if the flavorings contain oil, DO NOT VAPE THEM. Oil will crap up your atty quick, and worse, oil in your lungs is a very bad thing.

7. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    I will definitely be reading the labels carefully. Don't want anything crappy in my lungs after just getting all the tar and other muck out.
    Off-Topic but I have a couple random questions:
    How dangerous is it to have eLiquid on my hands and then do things around the house. I have a 3 year old and a 5month old and I don't want to nic poison them by accident. I wash my hands when I think I might have gotten some juice on them but I'm still a little paranoid.

Also, How do I become a member of this group? I've posted but I haven't seen a "join group" button or anything.

Finally, there's an ECF app for Android but it's pretty bare bones, does anyone have a better way to stay up on threads and responses on mobile?

8. Hellen A. Handbasket

Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome (well, I'm just callin' ya Wolf) :)

I think the biggest worry about E-liquid is to keep it in a child proof bottle, preferably in a lock box so little people can't get to it. There hasn't been any worries about it going through skin, and the early models put big wads of it in your mouth through the cartridges, and nobody suffered much more than a case of heartburn, but still I wouldn't want a child to get ahold of a tank or anything full of 24mg liquid. I wouldn't worry about it on your hands and any kind of trans dermal transfer, but it's a good idea to wash it off anyway (or wipe it on your pants like I do, LOL).

Now if you're going to buy nicotine to DIY, that's a whole 'nuther animal. Just make sure you read up on keeping high content nicotine and the safety requirements/gear to work with it. A locked room/closet for that stuff is almost a necessity with little ones about, but then if you have kids, you know all about child proofing worries. Use the same common sense.

I hope someone can answer the question about the Android app for ya. I do iPhone, but don't use it to access here. Too lazy to try to figure it all out. LOL

If you need Lorann's a great place to buy locally (with tons of flavors) is ABC Bakery Supply at 2853 E. Indian School Rd.
    Phoenix, Az. 85016.

Another great place for flavoring on line is Capella's (they recently had a sale, I don't know if it's still going on or not). I'll look to see if I can find out more info. for you if you want on the sale. Capella Flavor Drops - Over 75+ Water Soluble Concentrated Flavorings

9. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Thanks for allaying my worries. Yeah I haven't been to work yet (three day off work week, yesssssss) so all of my juices are in child-proof bottles on top of our 5ft tall dresser (armoire? tall clothing storage device? whatever). My plan is to definitely keep them either locked away or up high at all times. I wasn"t concerned with trans-dermal contact but more having juice on my hands, touching their toys, toys go in mouth. But the small amount shouldn't be an issue really (especially if I keep them well washed).

10. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
  11. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Agreed. I'll be getting something to keep my bottles safe. Right now I only have two bottles and both have tiny needle like tips on them which helps filling the eRoll tanks. It would also limit the amount of liquid that could be consumed. But I'm not going to let that lull me into a false sense of confidence. Especially with more liquids in the way and larger tips, I'm not taking any chances.

12. WerewolfalThor

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    RE: My harsh liquid.
    I sent Vapor Vortex an email and Chris replied very quickly. It definitely is harsh due to the amount of nic (24mg). In hindsight I should have gone really low and increased if needed. Lesson learned. Most impressive is that he replied so quickly and was concerned about a possible lapse in customer service. They're a little far away from my house, but since they're close to work I'll definitely be going back.

13. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    See if you can get another bottle of the same juice but at 0 nic, then you can blend down the 24 to something more palatable. Or, if you don't mind diluting the flavor along with the strength, just add VG and/or PG to cut it.

14. Taltos

Taltos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Hey everybody,

I'm a vaping noob in the Phoenix area so I taking advantage of the local group and introducing myself. I found ECF before I bought my first PV and very glad I did. There is a ton of great info here that helped wade through all the options, new language I am still learning, models, manufacturers, etc.

I bought a decent customized eGo starter kit at a local place I found on the list of local suppliers in this group. I got that just short of a week ago and so far, no more analogs. I was pretty comfortable with the change but not so excited about the harshness of the TH on the first few bottles of juice. I have since gotten an order in from on online vender and am now loving vaping! I saw the advice a 1000 times to try lots of juices until you find what works for you and that has paid off. So much good advice here for a noob!

So, I'm out in Surprise. I've been vaguely aware of vaping (although I only knew about e-cigarettes which promotes a little different perception of this) and finally decided I would check into it. I've tried quitting smoking a couple of times in the last couple years and didn't make it. Either I wanted to rip head off of people I love for no good reason or my brain was useless. Neither was acceptable.

Early in my research I found ECF and paid attention to the suggestions, tips, tricks, etc that I saw repeated and well represented and it has been a good first week. I have already started getting lost in the "hobby" aspect of this and buying more equipment. I know have my pair of eGo 650 mah manual batteries, 3 Vision clearomizers, spare atty's, 9 juice flavors, a new eRoll and related toys, and I don't see an end to this!!! :) More flavors, more tanks/clearomizers, some vv options on batteries are soon in my future.

The eRoll was bought second rather than first. I'm headed to Magic Mountain in the near future and I didn't see my big rig surviving in my pocket through a couple days of coasters. I have had it just long enough to know it will work for being at the park but I am very glad I got the eGo first. It will go with me for vaping in the evening after a hard day of coasters!

So, a token bit about me. I'm a software geek. My other somewhat recent obsession is the riding the Dunes in CA and trail riding here in AZ. I'm a single parent with an awesome son. I hope to make it to the next get together and meet some of you and pick your brains!

Taltos (damned auto correct on the iPad I registered from changed my user name and I missed it :) )

15. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    Hiya Taltos! Congrats on breaking that nasty habit and switching to vaping, and welcome to the ECF and VIP!

I'm not sure where you can do it, but there is someplace here on ECF where you can change your username. I believe there's a thread where you can request it from the admins. Hopefully one of the more ECF-savvy users (I only hang out here in VIP and over at the REO forum) can chime in with where to do that.

We have a meet coming up in a couple of weeks, I hope you can join us! Great folks, great times, lots of gear and juice to check out and try. Holler if you have any questions!

16. Hellen A. Handbasket

Welcome Tabletops!

Here's how you can change your name: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forms.php?do=form&fid=9

I'm also in Surprise. Good to have another westsider in the group. We have been getting together out here in Surprise once in a while, hopefully we'll be setting up something monthly soon. Until then, if you have some time to meet up with me, send me a PM and maybe we can go have a beer/coffee/soda/something somewhere soon!

I also go to the Central meets... I hope you can go? They're awesomely fun.

17. Taltos

Taltos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Hey Hellen and dave! Thanks for the welcome. I requested the name change immediately but I'm still stuck with TableTops. Sounds like I should be dancing on a table somewhere! Which would scare the hell out of people! :p West side and Central meetups sound great. I'm planning on being there. Hellen, PM headed your way!

18. Hellen A. Handbasket

LMAO... well, there has been many a mention of stripper poles at the meets. Nobody has the nads to do it. LOL Gotta admit, I WAS wondering about your user name. bwahahaaa

Look forward to meeting up with you soon T-top (isn't that better?) *snicker*

19. Maxedout

Maxedout ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Arizona
    Whats up Phoenix Vapors?!
    Thanks for the invite Hellen A. Handbasket!
    I've only been on here like two minuets and found where to get 40 different LorAnn and Wilton flavors and get my VG for about 8 bucks/240ml!!!
    WOOHOO! Awesome!

20. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    How ya doin, Max? Welcome to VIP!