New Vivi Nova Feedback Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis_j

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Austin, Minnesota, United States
eric, i got two DV brand vivi novas , mini 510"s, they compare well with the vision brand,they seen to only work well with vv mods. which is all i use, my wife still uses the go go 1300 mah bat.hard the get her to use vv mod ,so she still uses the CE3"s, think I"ll stick on one of the DV novas a see what happens on that bat. type,i have to do the filling of the CE3, pain in you know what.. getting back to the DV brand, seems the vape better after the frist tank,were as the vision was great right out of the box ,they should be for the extra cost 1/2 as much,will be getting more of the DV brands, thanks eric for the choice...

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
thans for the feedback :)

I am not trying to hard sell anyone here but the newer one the DV9 and DV10.. are excellent, the first day was ok but today it's been great and the standard one (2.4ohm) works really well at 3.2v on my ego twist, though not nearly as good on my 3.7v passthrough.

I thought they wouldn't be as great due to the longer coil stem but so far so good, I replaced my T2's with them and that's saying a lot. :)

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
I just got mine today.

Filled them up, and the first thing I noticed was wow! this is a lot warmer vape than any other clearo I've tried. Excellent for the flavors I happened to put in them, but I haven't tried a flavor in them yet where I might not want it so warm, like a cool vanilla or something like that. I'm using mostly ego twists, and they work like a champ.

I love that a) they have the skirt built in - one less thing I have to buy, and it's much easier to change out when you don't have to take off a clearo and a thread skirt....b) they already have a metal tip. Hated that about the visions, spend $10-12 and then another $5-6 on a metal tip. Plus the aforementioned thread skirt....c) changing out the heads without taking the tube off is a big plus.

The only cons I can see are if someone is partial to interchangeable tips, or if they prefer a cooler cape. Obviously I can't comment on the longevity, but I will definitely be buying more.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
My V10, 9 days later is a little burned out I think, but I am a heavy vaper and I chain vape so, (like a lot in a row no break) if you are a chain vaper I would say expect a coil head to last 8-9 days, a regular vaper should get a lot more. These are still workable but I get that tinge of burn harsh hit now so I am changing mine out.

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
I've got 3 of them and 3 replacement heads, so far my only issue has been when I attach the V10 to my eVic, it reads the coil at 1.9ohms instead of 2.4ohms.... it did it on all 3 V10's. I switched the heads on 2 of them to the replacement heads and it reads those at 2.2ohms.

No big deal since the eVic will adjust for the difference, just thought you might want to know.

I'm still making it my main clearo....
Looks damn good on my eVic, don't you think?

eVic  DV Vivi V10.jpg

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
I've got 3 of them and 3 replacement heads, so far my only issue has been when I attach the V10 to my eVic, it reads the coil at 1.9ohms instead of 2.4ohms.... it did it on all 3 V10's. I switched the heads on 2 of them to the replacement heads and it reads those at 2.2ohms.

I have two heads marked at 2.4ohms...with a multimeter, one reads 2.4 and the other 1.8. Like you said tho, they still both work fine.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Long post sorry:

First, THANKS to those here at ECF who recommended I give the DV Vivi Nova a try. I'm trying to find a go-to mini, and so far, after getting it vapemail today, it's beating out EVODs and T3-Minis.

Second, I haven't seen this mentioned, but these clearos have cleared something up for me: apparently, I'm not going to like the draw on ANY clearomizers with an Ego skirt! I got one Ego and one 510 of the same unit - and guess what? It's the airholes, dangit!!
I love the draw on the 510 threaded one, and the Ego-threaded one vapes just like the Kangers - too airy for me. Now I just need to buy some of those short cones, so my PV doesn't look so much like an old rocket with stages. I just don't want to go sticking toothpicks into brand new clearos :blink:.

Finally - in tune with this thread - can someone PLEASE compare performance of this NEW DV Mini Vivi Nova V9 to the previous DV Mini Vivi (that's the one I got and like). I see that the coil is higher, and you don't open the bottom to change heads - but I mostly care about any difference in the heat, flavor or draw - I see no problem with maintenance or filling on the older one...

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Long post sorry:

Finally - in tune with this thread - can someone PLEASE compare performance of this NEW DV Mini Vivi Nova V9 to the previous DV Mini Vivi (that's the one I got and like). I see that the coil is higher, and you don't open the bottom to change heads - but I mostly care about any difference in the heat, flavor or draw - I see no problem with maintenance or filling on the older one...

I personally do not see any difference, they are made by the same people and same materials and most likely the same process so it should be the same vape, it seems to be for me in my original testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread