The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Volcano Lava Tube rDNA 40 vs. Provari 3

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Mandi702, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mandi702

Mandi702 New Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Hi. I am trying to decide between the new Volcano Lava Tube 3 with the Evolve DNA40 chip or the Provari 3.

There would really be nothing to consider if the Provari went higher than 20watts, but since it doesn't I'm really concerned that it won't have enough power. I'm used to the VaporFi Vox2 which has 50watts.

I usually prefer a 1 to 1.5 ohms, but I like the idea that the Vox can do more if I ever want it to.

The quality and warranty with the Provari is what I'm after, and price isn't an issue, so if there is another option besides the 2 that would be better please feel free to recommend.

The Volcano caught my eye as it looks to be much higher quality than previous versions, plus it has the 40watts. Its price point is very close to Provari, but it is so new there just aren't really any good reviews on it.

I appreciate any help or comments...

2. NancyR

NancyR Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    Washington State
    I can't speak on the new lava tube, I can tell you the quality of P3 is great, but it doesn't fit everyone's vape.

The last lava tube I used was a v1, and honestly it sucked to the point I will never try another no matter what they do.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    "The quality and warranty with the Provari is what I'm after, and price isn't an issue, so if there is another option besides the 2 that would be better please feel free to recommend."

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mandi702

Mandi702 New Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Thanks to both replies.. I'm now kinda leaning to the Diocdes 2380T. Which is basically the same as the pipeline but it can go up to 80watts depending on battery configuration. Only wish they were available in the U.S. But can't have it all, lol.

5. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    There are many members here who have them. Shipping is pretty quick. If I wanted a regulated tube mod, that's the one I would buy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    *deleted due to unfair comment towards Volcano*

The original Vaporfi Vox was a $17 item according to my friends in Shenzhen.

You are doing the right thing. :)

7. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you're happy at 1.5, go with the ProVari. I saw some nice ones used in the Classies here.

8. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    With variable watt devices the resistance doesn't matter, you get the power you set as long as you're in the resistance range the mod can supply that power in. What is the highest wattage you like to vape at now? Do you think you might want to be able to go a bit higher in future?

The Provari is one of the most dependable mods out there and has fantastic support from ProVape, but if it doesn't do what you want in a mod, you'll have to live with that compromise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.