The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New White House Petition! Please sign! Spread the word!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by espkh123, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sucker_dad

Sucker_dad Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    topeka, ks, USA
    Registered signed and posted to my Facebook timeline. If you really feel strongly about this you need to share it on whatever social media you can. There is not a lot of time to get this done. Share it with anybody. Ask them to share it with others. I am not an in your face kind of person, but this needs to be done. Irritate everyone you know until they sign it and share it.

2. AttyPops

AttyPops Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    You guys don't get it.

Having it classified as a tobacco product is the only thing that has saved our butts thus far.

I'm sorry, that petition isn't written very well. I like the idea, and I'm glad the person writing it is pro-vaping, but all the petition said is "don't classify it as a tobacco product". It didn't say what to do...like classify it on it's own or whatever. And the courts made it a tobacco product because the FDA was trying to make e-cigs a pharma product. If that happens, we're doomed. Vaping will be owned either by BT or BP.

So....I don't know what to do. Because of the way it's written. Maybe it opens the door...but to what? Letting FDA classify e-cigs as drug delivery devices?

Maybe the W.H. will get the idea, and make nicotine a non-pharma, non-tobacco product...a product on it's own. But maybe they won't either. I want more input on this. Like from Roly, or Bill Godshall, or CASAA. Maybe I'm just being nervous for no reason.

3. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Infinity Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    That was my concern as well Atty ...

It's great to see folks taking initiative and actively promoting our cause, I just wasn't sure that this was the right avenue. No offense intended to the OP or anyone else who has contributed.

4. AgentAnia

AgentAnia Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Orbiting Sirius B
  5. Don Robertson

Don Robertson Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2013
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    You could well be correct. I see there is another petition I was not aware of:

"Prevent the FDA from regulating or banning the sale and use of electronic cigarettes, accessories and associated liquids" - (EDITED: I had the wrong date; it was in Feb 2013).

Senile Old Man Don

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-regulating-or-banning-sale-and-use-electronic-cigarettes-accessories-and-associated/RQLBYRsd

6. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Check that date again.

That petition you linked to was our SECOND petition to the White House.
    It only needed 25,000 signatures at the time it was created, and it reached that goal.

It has yet to be answered by the White House, after nearly one year...
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/legislation-news/370130-sign-petition-whitehouse-gov.html

By the way, here is our first petition to the White House...
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/legislation-news/226823-petition-administration-recognize-e-cigarettes.html

7. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    And for anyone worrying about electronic cigarettes getting medical device status...
    I can not happen as that door was firmly closed due to the Judge Leon ruling...

8. espkh123

espkh123 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2014
    Bel Air, MD, USA
    The problem with petitions like this is they give you such a small word limit.
    To try to include exactly what you want, support for your argument w/ evidence, and a rebuttal to what they might say is incredibly hard.

9. ncpatches

ncpatches Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    Wake Forest NC USA
    And another signature from me.

10. Don Robertson

Don Robertson Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2013
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    **** Old Man Don shouldn't post late at night. Wayyyyyyyyyyy off on that date! Almost a YEAR. It did only need 25,000 sigs.:oops:

A few years back 5,000 signatures was sufficient ....... then it went to 25,000 and when that number was still too low for them ........ they jumped to 100,00. Always trying to silence "We The People". NO other reason.

Goin' for coffee and letting red face subside.

Senile Old Man Don

11. kot1rc5

kot1rc5 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2010
    FL
    I've signed, May our voices be heard

12. T0rtitude

T0rtitude Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2012
    NYS
  13. espkh123

Jan 6, 2014
    Bel Air, MD, USA
  14. espkh123

Jan 6, 2014
    Bel Air, MD, USA
    If you sign e sure to bump this

15. VapnWitch

VapnWitch Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    VA, USA
    I just signed it and shared it.

16. soba1

soba1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    Van Nuys Ca., USA
    Me too.......thanks

17. soba1

soba1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    Van Nuys Ca., USA
    Our voices will be heard. Remember the President is an ex smoker

18. Schwiggiddy

Schwiggiddy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Kentucky, USA
    Just a little FYI. I'm not sure if you people are aware what you're asking for, and I'm too tired to read the whole thread. If e-liquid isn't regulated as a tobacco product, it will probably be regulated as a pharmaceutical. We'd honestly rather it be regulated as a tobacco product, unless you want to get a prescription from your doctor to visit your local B&M, and have your mail searched and made into a federal case because of using the USPS or other means to purchase unlicensed drugs (which is what nicotine will become). It would be no different than trying to mail any other regulated drug. We're better off with it being regulated as a tobacco product if these are the only two choices.

So, regrettably not signed.

19. Virtual Life

Virtual Life Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    Miami, FL, USA
  20. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.