New yet not new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all Vapes out there.
Started vaping long ago, when the first Blue ECigs appeared on the market. Thought I would give it a try. Then came a few what I consider beginners ecigs, all mouth to lung. Yet still these did not seem to satisfy me enough to toss the little cigars I loved so much. Then my son showed me this great deal on a smok V8 stick about a year ago. This seemed to stir up some interest but all I did while trying to vape was cough, then I would light up another little cigar, what I considered my go to. I will admit at this time the smoking was beginning to bum me out. There had to be another alternative. Since then my other son changed over to vaping and seemed sold on it. So I persisted on dumping the smoking for the vaping alternative.

Now months into vaping I find myself trying out different mods, atty's and recently mec mods and bottom feeders. To my amazement no cigarettes for a month now. Finally I feel I manage to pull myself away from smoking and into vaping.

I can't however say I have saved much money, to busy trying out all my options. But I have managed to make my own ejuice, coils. Loving the RDA route. And thanks to my son am learning a lot as I go.

Looking forward to reading and trying to absorb all the information I am finding here, with the hep from fellow Vapes!

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Welcome and enjoy the vaping.

Money wasn't the main reason for me to switch to vaping instead of smoking, the reason was health and that has improved.

I have spent quite a bit on mods etc. But make my own juice mostly now and coils. I was spending around $3,600 a year on cigarettes. I don't even come close to that with vaping.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats on switching to vaping. I can't say I SAVED money during my start up period, but I hope to live long enough now to recoup my investment. Ha. Since I seem to have found some stable, successful setups, my shinyitis has vastly decreased....

Welcome to ECF and congratulations on making the switch! Sounds like your son is steering you in the right direction, and that is fantastic. My kiddo did the same for me by heroically switching from cigs to vaping, then quitting vaping and gifting me his equipment. Most of it wasn't right for me, but *part* of my motivation to quit was "If my 20 year old can do what I cannot-- even switch to vaping, then quit," I feel pretty lame about myself. :) But it was helpful to have the encouragement and my son is very happy I'm no longer smoking.

Hope you learn a lot more and have fun on this site!

Anna

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hello to all Vapes out there.
Started vaping long ago, when the first Blue ECigs appeared on the market. Thought I would give it a try. Then came a few what I consider beginners ecigs, all mouth to lung. Yet still these did not seem to satisfy me enough to toss the little cigars I loved so much. Then my son showed me this great deal on a smok V8 stick about a year ago. This seemed to stir up some interest but all I did while trying to vape was cough, then I would light up another little cigar, what I considered my go to. I will admit at this time the smoking was beginning to bum me out. There had to be another alternative. Since then my other son changed over to vaping and seemed sold on it. So I persisted on dumping the smoking for the vaping alternative.

Now months into vaping I find myself trying out different mods, atty's and recently mec mods and bottom feeders. To my amazement no cigarettes for a month now. Finally I feel I manage to pull myself away from smoking and into vaping.

I can't however say I have saved much money, to busy trying out all my options. But I have managed to make my own ejuice, coils. Loving the RDA route. And thanks to my son am learning a lot as I go.

Looking forward to reading and trying to absorb all the information I am finding here, with the hep from fellow Vapes!
There are vapers on the forum (including me) who stopped chasing fashion or technology some time back and just want the same experience day to day. If you get to that point then vaping is free for practical purposes. It might be wise to have some extra supplies in case government interferes with access to products. For $650 I I have enough nic, mods and atomizers for at least 10 years, may be 20 if nic will keep that long and the oled screens on my mods don't have a maximum shelf life.

So....my classic blunder for today! Being newly interested in mechanical mods I decided to try one out, an Hcigar Nemisis it is called (clone, not ready to spend $200 on the real thing till I am sure). So it was suppose to come with 2 magnets so I could change the firing button from a spring to a magnet. Suppose to have less crunchy feel. I go to the local vape store and purchase the last 2 magnets they have. Went to put the into my mod and one breaks in half making them worthless. So I tried all day to find out the replacement size I need with no success. So I am closing my eyes and picking out some at Fasttech. In the meantime I guess I will keep using the spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread