Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
The ordinance bans all flavored e-cigarette and vaping liquid flavors except for tobacco. Mayor Bill de Blasio will either sign the bill or let it pass into law, his deputy press secretary Avery Cohen said, which will make New York the largest city in the U.S. to ban all vaping flavors except tobacco.

Reactions: carolbee

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'd rather be in some dark hollow,
where the sun don't ever shine,
than to be in some big city,
in a small room,
with flavors on my mind.

New York City has some of the highest cigarette taxes in the country. The city gets $1.50 a pack on top of federal and state taxes. There are still close to a million smokers in the city. Assume the each smoke a pack a day; that would be something on the order of half a billion dollars in potential revenue.

But I'm sure this has nothing to do with their flavor ban. :rolleyes:

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Should the courts decide to ban flavored e-liquids and flavorings, they set a precedence. i.e. Segue to the banning of flavored alcoholic beverages.

Hard Luck Candy Lemon Drop Vodka Reviews and Ratings - Proof66.com - Infused

Vodka Other - Liquor Reviews - Spirits Reviews

DeKuyper Blueberry Schnapps

Applejack - Leroux Creme De Banana Liqueur

Give Your Chocolate Martinis an Indulgent Spin With Godiva

The list is endless. Should this such a ban be imposed, it could prove disasterous for the multi-billion dollar flavored alcohol industry, thus... the U.S. economy.

Last edited:
Reactions: thanswr1

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Should the courts decide to ban flavored e-liquids and flavorings, they set a precedence. i.e. Segue to the banning of flavored alcoholic beverages.
I doubt it. Alcohol use is socially acceptable. Heck, it's almost a rite of passage when someone hits 21.

• Agree
Reactions: Iron Molly

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017

Nah. The government is making a ton of money from alcohol sales. They're not going to kill that cash cow.

OTOH, if the government can slap a 50% tax on everything regarding vaping, they'll be running PSA's touting vaping as the best way to quit smoking.

• Agree
    Reactions: Iron Molly

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Nah. The government is making a ton of money from alcohol sales. They're not going to kill that cash cow.

OTOH, if the government can slap a 50% tax on everything regarding vaping, they'll be running PSA's touting vaping as the best way to quit smoking.
    I suppose. Why not just tax flavored liquids?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread