New York Sues Online E-Cigarette Sellers (i.e. underage sales)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Hey! What is wrong with this guy?
"Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement. “Preying on minors... hooking them on a potentially lethal, lifelong nicotine addiction..."
When did nicotine use not associated with smoking become "potentially lethal"?
It's the smoke that kills "professor", not the nicotine.

Posturing and spreading FUD for the nanny state.

"An emergency ban on flavored e-cigarettes instituted by New York state earlier this month was blocked by a state appeals court ..."

Double face palm emoji...

Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Thank you LTM.

It was Far Worse than even My Jaded and Cynical Mind could Imagine.

48 Pages of Subjective Hype asking a Court to Legislate an Intent to Advertise to Minors. Which BTW, the complaint does Not site as a Statutory Violation of a New State Law or a New York City Code.

So this Entire "tobacco Free Kids" PR release can be Boiled Down to this...

"15 ... Defendants each violated NYC Admin. Code § 17-706(a-1) by selling e-cigarette products to City residents under the age of 21."

And the Sought Remedy is a "Blank Check" Ruling of Relief ...

"e. On the Second Claim for Relief, Awarding the City damages for the costs of abating the public health crisis of underage e-cigarette use within the City;"

Gimmie a Fricken Break.

:facepalm:

If the City of State New York wants to Penalize these Retailer for Violation of NYC Admin. Code § 17-706(a-1), Fair Enough. Lets drag out the Statutory Penalties for a 1st Time offender and apply them.

But to seek Unspecified and Unsubstantiated Monetary Amounts based on Judicial Interpenetration of Intent to "Marketing to Children" is Over-the-Top even for NYC.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread