New Zealand Ministry of Health publishes a website promoting vaping as a way to stop smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Vaping Facts

Wow... It's like I fell into a Parallel Dimension where Public Health was More Important than Tax Revenues. Where Truth and Common Sense take a Front Seat to Hype and Click Bait. And where Science isn't something to be Distorted for the Purpose of Political/Personal Gain.

That... Or I slipped on a Wet Floor in 7-11 and am Actually in a Medical Induced Coma.

:blink:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Vaping Facts

Wow... It's like I fell into a Parallel Dimension where Public Health was More Important than Tax Revenues. Where Truth and Common Sense take a Front Seat to Hype and Click Bait. And where Science isn't something to be Distorted for the Purpose of Political/Personal Gain.

That... Or I slipped on a Wet Floor in 7-11 and am Actually in a Medical Induced Coma.

:blink:
Some perspective: The US has a couple of counties that each have a greater population than the whole country of New Zealand.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Maybe I'm Missing it?

But what does Size have to do with Truth?
New Zealand is a whole country. Most anti-vaping stuff is coming from BT. They may consider New Zealand as being too small to bother with so you may get truth for a little longer. Or you may be inundated with BT anti-vaping marketing.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah the NZ government has inactively been in favour of vaping from the start...since the previous one.
Good to see they're starting to actively promote it.
Have to say, i'm soooo proud to call myself an adopted Kiwi. This country (although it has its faults) is for me how life should be.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
But it's awesome that our lil govt hasn't jumped onto the coattails of Australia and banned vaping. Instead, the govt is promoting vaping as a quit-smoking tool
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that vapor products containing nicotine were banned in NZ until relatively recently?

Reactions: Eskie

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
This is wonderful for the folks in NZ. Hopefully, other countries will see the value of vaping as an aid for stopping smoking. England and New Zealand are the front runners. Am I missing any other countries that are also recommending vaping as an aid to stop smoking?

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that vapor products containing nicotine were banned in NZ until relatively recently?
It was never "banned" as such. Never legalized either. The government is in limbo about it, but lately there is more positive signs coming from above. Way back when I started vaping, there was talk from parlement that vaping should be subsidized by government as a smoking cessation method. Maybe that will become reality in the distant future...that'll be awesome.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It was never "banned" as such. Never legalized either.
Well that's confusing. There are two philosophies:
• Anything not explicitly prohibited by the law is intrinsically allowed.
• Anything not explicitly allowed by the law is intrinsically prohibited.
Which one does NZ follow?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It was never "banned" as such. Never legalized either. The government is in limbo about it, but lately there is more positive signs coming from above. Way back when I started vaping, there was talk from parlement that vaping should be subsidized by government as a smoking cessation method. Maybe that will become reality in the distant future...that'll be awesome.

Subsidized Viscous Ant Stabwood mods? How soon can I move there?

Besides, there's been a big movement of wealthy folks here buying property in NZ as the ultimate prepper location. Let's face it, zombies sink, so a large island far from everywhere is a perfect locale. Plus everyone speaks English and there are lots of sheep, so plenty of racks of lamb while watching the world burn. Now that it's becoming a vapers prepper dream too, I'd expect your population to experience a rapid increase. But we do being skills useful for your economy. We'll happily make coils and even offer free rewicks to sweeten the deal.

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Like I said, the government is in limbo (maybe its a small country thing). Like most other countries I suppose they're in waiting of enough scientific fact and data before they can provide it with its own and unique law...I don't know...for now they sort of make use of the smoke law...and sort of not...if that makes sense.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Besides, there's been a big movement of wealthy folks here buying property in NZ as the ultimate prepper location.
Yep lots of Americans buy property down in the posh Queenstown area. Posh indeed, but most of the year its not suited to that famous outside American barbeque :D
Yeah the place is filling up fast. The government announced last week that soon less people will be allowed in.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Well that's confusing. There are two philosophies:
    • Anything not explicitly prohibited by the law is intrinsically allowed.
    • Anything not explicitly allowed by the law is intrinsically prohibited.

It's confusing - but the NZ govt is allowing vaping and encouraging vaping, despite the laws

Vaping and smokeless tobacco

This is wonderful for the folks in NZ. Hopefully, other countries will see the value of vaping as an aid for stopping smoking. England and New Zealand are the front runners. Am I missing any other countries that are also recommending vaping as an aid to stop smoking?
    English is also one of a few countries that allow selling e-liquids on Ebay (as long as you have a license for that) :thumb:
    I've always wished my parents had decided to stay in New Zealand when they moved us there in 1962. I'll add this to my pile of regrets on that score.
    It's never too late to come and visit us again :D

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
    New vaping website promotes smoking alternative
    Vaping Facts

You can check the news and the website from the links above. It's really great news that the government supports our vaping community :thumbs:. Sadly this website has caused some debates among New Zealanders. The anti-vaping people even say that NZ government has been lobbied by vaping manufacturers :nah:
    That's great. Someone there obviously has their head screwed on the right way around.
    Go NZ. :banana: :toast:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread