The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Zealand not sold on e-cigs

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by TropicalBob, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    Electronic fags draw huff and puff - National - NZ Herald News

Dr. Murray Laugesen was the original tester of e-cigs. Note his remark about them furnishing 1/10th the nicotine per puff as a cigarette. And this last paragraph from the group Quit is sure to rile:

2. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Yes, the Quit group said that, but they also said:

""The strength of e-cigarettes is that they provide nicotine without the thousands of damaging chemicals found in cigarettes and tobacco, which is certainly a good thing," said a spokesman."

And that's a good thing too. ;)

3. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
  4. nojoyet

nojoyet Senior Member ECF Veteran

Good find T.Bob

quote "In fact, I thought the overall tenor of the article was good..."

I agree Yvilla.

I particularly don't like the social engineering desires of the antis, however, these strong statements at least say it how it is for them and do not hide behind protecting the children, etc. IMO if there is ever to be a possibility of reason, straightforward statements, however unpopular, are absolutely necessary before any change can occur.

5. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    I too thought it was a fair, balanced article. Those last paragraphs address the "perception" issue that haunts e-smoking. Other than that, it's a good article. And it does make our point about e-smoking being almost certainly healthier than tobacco smoking.

I immediately thought of Sherid when I read that last quote. She's death on "denormalization" of smokers.

6. ladyraj

ladyraj Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks for the link TBob. The denormalization comment reveals the truth of the agenda against smoking which is that appearances are everything. If the Anti's were truly interested in health issues, the PV would be an acceptable alternative. Since the PV's output resembles smoke the argument against PV's becomes "a vicarious learning danger" that may hamper the efforts of tobacco control.

The argument seems weak to me! :>)

7. BammBamm

BammBamm Full Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    Wichita, Kansas
    "Overzealous busybodies hellbent on dictating public policy 'for the common good' should perhaps consider the proven scientific health benefits of getting laid." ~ E-Cigarette Forum member BammBamm

And you're welcome to quote me on that.

Regards,

E-Cigarette Forum member BammBamm

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.