New Zeus x rta but only used profile rtas and rdas with mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loz.

Jun 20, 2019
Ok so I tried looking through threads for an answer but not really sure what I'm asking either so didn't find anything.

Ok basically I've been building for about 6 weeks now but only have the profile RDA and profile unity RTA with the mesh.
Yesterday I bought a Zeus x off my friend who had left the old build in it. I rewicked it as it looked ok. It's some kind of flat Clapton I think with 6 wraps but not a wide wrap width. I know he likes to vape quite low at about 55 to 60.

I put the tank on my voopoo drag mini and selected new coil. It set the watts to 75 but I turned them down to 70. Its reading 0.19 ohms. It seems ok at this but being new to regular coils I wanted to see if this is normal ie it takes a good 2 to 4 draws to feel anything happening as they seem to need to heat up. Then you get a bit of spit back for another 4 or 5 and after that it's good and really nice but very hot vape. Also when you finish it still produces vapour for a while and you have to keep inhaling to clear it almost like they are cooling down. This may sound silly it just only having had the unity which heats up to full power and heat instantly and cools down the same.

I also notice that if I put the tank on my voopoo x217 then it sets to 40 watt after selecting new coil. Is one of them wrong and which?

Also where is a guide for watts ranges recommend for different ohms levels on regulated mods so i have a idea what I'm looking for when buying coils as everywhere I look it's for mechanical mods and presumes you know the ohms.

Thanks guys sorry if that doesn't make sense

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Ok so I tried looking through threads for an answer but not really sure what I'm asking either so didn't find anything.

Ok basically I've been building for about 6 weeks now but only have the profile RDA and profile unity RTA with the mesh.
Yesterday I bought a Zeus x off my friend who had left the old build in it. I rewicked it as it looked ok. It's some kind of flat Clapton I think with 6 wraps but not a wide wrap width. I know he likes to vape quite low at about 55 to 60.

I put the tank on my voopoo drag mini and selected new coil. It set the watts to 75 but I turned them down to 70. Its reading 0.19 ohms. It seems ok at this but being new to regular coils I wanted to see if this is normal ie it takes a good 2 to 4 draws to feel anything happening as they seem to need to heat up. Then you get a bit of spit back for another 4 or 5 and after that it's good and really nice but very hot vape. Also when you finish it still produces vapour for a while and you have to keep inhaling to clear it almost like they are cooling down. This may sound silly it just only having had the unity which heats up to full power and heat instantly and cools down the same.

I also notice that if I put the tank on my voopoo x217 then it sets to 40 watt after selecting new coil. Is one of them wrong and which?

Also where is a guide for watts ranges recommend for different ohms levels on regulated mods so i have a idea what I'm looking for when buying coils as everywhere I look it's for mechanical mods and presumes you know the ohms.

Hi and welcome,
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
What power level did your friend use with that build when it was his?
What material is the coil made of? SS, Kanthal, nichrome? What type of coil is it? How many cores?
A device like the Voopoo can only see the resistance of the coil and not it's mass. A high mass coil will take longer to heat and cool.

HTH
I

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA

If the coil is flat, and takes a while to heat up, I bet it's a triple or quad core clapton. I have a quad core clapton build, and the ramp up time takes a bit. Can you post a pic?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
As others have mentioned, on a regulated device the mass of the coil dictates the power that is needed and time it takes to heat it up to a workable temperature to vaporize your juice. The higher the mass the more power. Higher mass coils also retain heat for longer which means it will take longer for them to cool down.

As for a guide for recommended watts – there is none! You are the best guide. With a regulated device you set the power to your liking. The resistance of the coil has little to do with this. Wotofo mesh comes out to 0.18ohms, your friends Zeus X comes out to 0.19 ohms. I’d say these are pretty darn close in resistance but as you discovered, require quite a different power setting. Some manufactures such as Voopoo like to try and predict the power by reading the resistance of your coil. It’s just wrong and nothing more than a gimmick. There is an Android app that is said to recommend power but it is nothing more than a glorified Ohms Law calculator and I have found it to be 100% inaccurate!

The more you become accustomed to different coils, the easier it will be to predict a power setting. But the best way is to start low, and adjust your power as you see fit.

Loz.

Jun 20, 2019
Thanks for all the advice.

So I've started using it at 80 watts and seems good.

I had previously smoked for 16 years and about 20+ a day on menthol roll ups

I'm using 3mg liquids and happy with that.

My friend said they are fused Claptons and can go up to 120 watt comfortably.

I'm really starting to enjoy the tank and am looking forward to trying different builds in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread