New2Vaping, in need of help with flooded coil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiller8

Oct 5, 2021
I have the Vaporesso Gen S w/ the NRG-S tank it came with, and I'm using Vaporesso GT 8 coils(50w-110w)
I replaced my coil on Saturday with my last brand new coil and somehow I think it got flooded - I primed it, I let it sit in the tank with juice for like 15 minutes, I started vaping at a lower wattage and was planning on gradually moving up until iwas at my usual wattage but the first time I tried to fire it it was gurgling and spitting ejuice smoke was coming out the bottom of thd coil as well as ejuice leaking from the bottom of the coil.
I took it apart, blew air through it a bunch of times let it sit out and dry for 24 hours. When I put it back it in, the same thing happened, so I repeated what I did before and now it's Monday and it's still acting like it's flooded.
I don't get it because all over the internet people talk about what an "easy fix" a flooded tank is. What am I doing wrong?
Please help!

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Flooding may happens for many reasons...

Like for example maybe there an oring on the tank that is damaged or lost during dissasemble for cleaning of the tank and now doesnt seal properly ....and it may not leak juice out but it may make the juice run freely to the coil more than it should...

Also could from bad use like for example vaping in very lower wattages but in your case it seems u dont do this mistake cause its not your first time vaping this atomizer...but just saying

I believe in your case u just got a bad coil...since i think u say it happend only with this new coil....

Happens often that some coils are bad even if they are bad new and may leak juice or flood or even have spitback and dry hits....

I would make sure all my orings and everything are in place and nothing got damage or lost and i would use a different coil unfortunately....

Xiller8

Oct 5, 2021
I checked my all my orings and they're fine it's a brand new tank.
I've been trying to find different coils, I don't like these ones with the multiple coils inside, one always seems to burn out faster than the rest.. But I can't dinf any compatability charts online for vaporesso nrg s tank coils. I think smok had a compatible one but Id rather upgrade, I had a smok as my 1st vape n it never tasted amazing.
Do you know of any dope coils that will work with the Vaporesso gen s nrg s tank? Or have any recommendations on a new tank I should get? I wanted horizontech sakerz but I just Erhard the coil only last a few days...

Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I checked my all my orings and they're fine it's a brand new tank.
I've been trying to find different coils, I don't like these ones with the multiple coils inside, one always seems to burn out faster than the rest.. But I can't dinf any compatability charts online for vaporesso nrg s tank coils. I think smok had a compatible one but Id rather upgrade, I had a smok as my 1st vape n it never tasted amazing.
Do you know of any dope coils that will work with the Vaporesso gen s nrg s tank? Or have any recommendations on a new tank I should get? I wanted horizontech sakerz but I just Erhard the coil only last a few days...

I am not using tanks with disposable coils so i cant recommend something good and tested by myself but i am sure others will recommend soon or later...

I just saw vaporessos website and i see they provide many different coils for your tank and i just wonder if u have used it and liked it already or tried other coils then u dont have to buy a new tank because maybe one coil happend to be bad from he factory and caused flooding...if thats the case ofc

Either way whatever u chose to do i know there is a lot of good tanks out there if u want to get something new

Also i want to say that the coil we choose many times must suit our vaping style to work good...

For example if u like to vape with the airflow ring adjusted to have tight airflow it may not be able to provide enough air for the quad coil to cooldown properly and that way it doesnt last long and gets burned faster and in this case u should use a less wattage demanding coil...thats not only for your tank ofc but also for the horizon u said u tried before or any other tank u may get in future...

I am not saying u do that or something wrong but i just say in case u dont know and you are kinda new to vaping and just to point out that coils may burn faster cause of the way we use them..

I am sure u will figure it out in cause all of us had spend some time to find what suit our style and also get used to vaping

:toast::vapor:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    What wattage are you using? If your coil is recommended in the 50 to 110 range and you are lower, that can cause flooding and gurgling. I have that tank but I don't remember much about it as I haven't used it in a long time.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I've been trying to find different coils, I don't like these ones with the multiple coils inside, one always seems to burn out faster than the rest.. But I can't dinf any compatability charts online for vaporesso nrg s tank coils.

Use this coil compatibility chart and look at the 2 columns of the Baby Coils (the orange sections). Any coils shown in them are compatible with your Vaporesso NRG-S tank.

https://www.dominantvapor.com/pages/coil-heads-compatibility-chart - You'll notice that some tanks are on the list twice. That's just a simple error someone made while making the chart though.

I have 2 good friends who use the Eleaf HW coils, the GeekVape iM1 coils, and several others from the chart in their NRG-S tanks...as well as the Vaporesso GT Core coils. By the way - even though only the GeekVape iM4 are in those 2 sections...the iM1 coils definitely work in it, too. I don't know why they're not shown in them. The Eleaf HW and GeekVape iM1 are their favorites.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I've also got an NRG in my stash box, but I used it considerably before I gave it a rest. The dual core GTs worked like no other. Long coil life, great great flavor. I vaped those at 50-60ish watts. The only other tank of this style I've seen that performs as good as the NRG is fireluke 2 or 3. The fireluke coils probably aren't compatible for use in your tank but if you decide to do something different, get a fireluke. It's a really good tank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread